"Ehrehin has been kicked from the server."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Incap is clearly quite angry at the moment, and has made a few blanket statements. Which is fine i guess, i'd just like to clarify that the majority of the community is fine with people using SMEdit. So long as they declare that they used it, and not otherwise. I'd use it myself, except it can't handle the size of object i want to use it for :D

Also, i have no idea how i got a disagree for asking what it is people mean by saying a ship is hand built o_O
    i don't mind people using it as well and if they say it all the better many people use this i don't since i don't know how but rimmer gave me a SMEdited hull of a nebula class that is on the website as well and he did say it was bivoxed so i will say it again in my next update but back to this ship it's ok and by calling the people who do this are the cancer of the website i think is a bit harsh but really people who use SMEdit are not the worse of the worse its the people who claim it as there work if its someone else's.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    whatever I can't use Smedit my comp can't handle it nor is it third party I am trying to build these damn ships you try building a ship on 0 sleep for 48 hours and I forget fucking sym mode and your fuckwads bust my balls
    Using SMedit isn't anything to be ashamed of; stealing someone else's work and claiming it as your own is.

This ship is almost certainly a direct conversion of the USS. Astoria from planet minecraft. I've been running a few conversions with Tomino since seeing this thread. Preliminary test results show some striking "similarities" after import and nearly identical shapes / block placement.

Screenshots will follow.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I completely agree with Dalmont. If I import a ship and use that model it will look crap. If I spend the time to flesh it out then I've essentially built 90% of a ship myself. I'm currently starting this process for EVE online ships so that I can get them correctly scaled and proportioned. Let me put it this way. Am I suppose to make a Minecraft map using only my hands block for block, or will you hate me five-ever for using world painter or worldmachine. It takes just as much skill to clean up a model as it does to create your own shapes.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Okay, so I just got some info on the model, it was a direct rip from planetminecraft which is why I was not suspicious of it being a SMEdit. I will go ahead and take back my statement on this. I will say however that some evidence from the models origins should be found before statements are made on it.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Okay, so I just got some info on the model, it was a direct rip from planetminecraft which is why I was not suspicious of it being a SMEdit. I will go ahead and take back my statement on this. I will say however that some evidence from the models origins should be found before statements are made on it.
    You havent seen the effort we have gone through before. He once made a post with about 10 rips in it, and we found the models for each of them, and boy did we have to scrape the bottom of the internet. we have enough evidence from his track record.

OFW-Osirus

Owner of Orion Fleetworks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9

I have nothing to be ashamed about, i dont claim other peoples work as my own. I do however make posts before knowing all the facts for that i am sorry lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive

I have nothing to be ashamed about, i dont claim other peoples work as my own. I do however make posts before knowing all the facts for that i am sorry lol
    I forgive both of you, and I also apologize.

Reactions: OFW-Osirus
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    Alright. Lets settle this.

Its a cleaned conversion of the planet Minecraft USS. Astoria. I have zero doubt, and I do have to thank Ehrehin for actually providing the files for his ship when I asked.

Here are the screenshot comparisons between our conversion and his (note the little red bits to the left of each ship used for creating Minecraft schematic files):

ALBUM

Closeups are available on request.

With that out of the way, lets take a moment to remember that SMEdit is a great tool. Its wonderful to be able to fly these types of ships around in StarMade!

Whats not alright, is not giving credit where credit is due. This isn't a hand build, and calling it that is a slap in the face to the entire community. It is however a well executed import and cleanup of an existing model and that shouldn't be a bad thing.

Ehrehin, I would appeal to you to do more cleanups in the future. I love seeing these old girls in StarMade and many people don't want to go through the hassle of importing or cleaning them up themselves.

Just please acknowledge them for what they are from now on.

Reactions: yelby
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Saying "hey guys, I found this ship, and I'm going to clean it up and make it my own" would have been perfectly fine. In fact, I'd cheer you on the whole way. However, quite literally stealing someone elses work, not altering it(or only slightly altering it), not crediting them, all of that is called plagiarism, and it's typically illegal. Admittedly we are in a grey area legally, considering we are online, but more than that, it's shameful. Seriously, it is pathetic, I get you may want to be seen as a good builder, or impress someone/be included. The thing is, if you didn't go around doing this kinda stuff you would be. I'm certainly not the best builder out there, but I try, I practice and learn little tricks that slowly build up.

That's what it takes, hard work, to be a builder of skylord or dalmont's level. Sure, some people have an eye for it, and so they have a little bit of a head start, but that doesn't mean that they never had to put in any work. The more you do things like this, the more you will be disbelieved, so that the day you actually do make something of your own, we wont believe you, and we want to believe you. You are just making it really really hard to do that.

I'd suggest sitting down, not taking the easy way out, and just start placing blocks, see what happens. Maybe your first ship wont be an amazing masterpiece, and perhaps your 100th ship wont be either, but as long as you improve each time, then you are moving in the right direction. Post those pictures, show us you really working, and I bet you will find quite a few of us cheering you on.

Stay Inspired
    -Raiben

Reaction score
    ...fuck it I will say nothing about my clean up works nor will I ever post on this site again this is the last effort I put into starmade or Minecraft.
    I have better things to do then waste my given talents on a bunch of people that have nothing better to do then bust my chops when there are conversion that other people have done yet nothing is said to them nor do I see this crap on their posts!!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Sh*t like this just sickens me, it's literally pathetic. That's right, you are completely, UTTERLY pathetic. Sorry if that came out violently, but if there's one thing that pisses me off in life it's f****** people like this. Taking other people's worth and raking in all the credit, disgusting.

The only ones who should be ashamed of themselves are you two. Don't think it's perfectly fine to take another person's work put it through a program like SMEdit and then start telling everyone you made it yourself. He has been caught before, and he has admitted to using SMEdit to make ships before. He has lied and he has been caught before. The fact that he has tried AGAIN is just a fucking insult to the people here who spend ages making amazing ship without SMEdit, like MrTargareyan, Zeno, Skylord Luke, Dalmont, Crusade and many many more. They are accomplished ship builders, creating original designs by themselves with just their eyes and mouse.

It's a SMEdit, it looks like one, it's far too messy to have been made by a competent person with eyes, unless he has fucking Parkinsons or something. Even with the sym mode off (why would you do that... and how would you get that far before noticing it was off?) there's no way you could be that messy and then say that's perfectly fine. I've seen many binvoxxed models in my time here and I can say with absolute certainty, that Nebula is a fucking binvox. Don't try and pull the wool over our eyes, because we weren't born yesterday.If he can hold that ship on his game with a degree of stability then he'd easily be able to run SMEdit, don't insult my intelligence.

Also, he's an incredibly shitty person with a huge aggressive streak. Instead of providing proof of his innocence, he just starts insulting people. He's a waste of time in all respects, but that doesn't mean the good people here won't stop calling him out on his bullshit, and damn right as well. We will never stop so long as people like him make a mockery of the hard work put in by the people of this community. You enable this behaviour.

You are the cancer of this community

You are the ones who should grow up.

If you don't like how we're calling him out on his bullshit? Then fuck off, we don't want you or type here. If he starts proving to us that he's changed his ways, then we'll stop calling him out on his bullshit, but until then, we won't stop until his lies stops all together.

But here's some free advice: Stop using SMEdit and we'll stop giving you shit. It's as easy as that.

Edit: I just want to write more, there's so much wrong with both your posts!
    I COMPLETELY agree with the ENTIRE statement!!!
    +1

Edit: There's a massive difference between. "hand made guys, I'm awesome" and "I cleaned up a smedit model of this USS Nebula, hope you guys like it". The first is just a by NO since it's a false claim. The second is perfectly fine and will actually make some Startreck fans happy.

Edit #2: Using smedit is completely fine, as long as it's specified. Stealing someone's work and spewing bullsh*t on how it's your own original creation is just a total f*cking lack of respect to any creative human being that ever existed, period.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You didn't build this you freaking stealer. I remember seeing this exact rendition of the nebula class on the minecraft Minetrek server. The windows are arranged EXACTLY the same way!

Reaction score
    oh clam your heels flyboy I am done and I am leaving knowing that I am unwelcome in Starmade, and that is fine ND has screwed me again and again, I hope you all celebrate because I will be gone!!

I also wont be looking back at these wounds because people that throw stones/words always lose in the end.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    It wasn't that you cleaned it up, that was fine, it was that you didn't credit the person you took the original model from and tried to say you did the entire thing yourself. That's what the problem is. It's a great start on a clean-up, but that wasn't what you posted, you said it was 100% your own work, and it wasnt.

Just be honest with what it is and we will be supportive. Lie and we wont. It's really that simple

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    ...fuck it I will say nothing about my clean up works nor will I ever post on this site again this is the last effort I put into starmade or Minecraft.
    I have better things to do then waste my given talents on a bunch of people that have nothing better to do then bust my chops when there are conversion that other people have done yet nothing is said to them nor do I see this crap on their posts!!
    That's because THEY DON'T F*CKING CLAIM IT AS THEIR OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How hard is that to understand? Seriously... This is what, the third time you've attempted something like this?

Reactions: Planr
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    oh clam your heels flyboy I am done and I am leaving knowing that I am unwelcome in Starmade, and that is fine ND has screwed me again and again, I hope you all celebrate because I will be gone!!

I also wont be looking back at these wounds because people that throw stones/words always lose in the end.
    We welcome people who want to be welcomed into the community but we don't tolerate people lying to our faces and then playing the victim game. Good riddance.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Trying to make us feel bad for "unjustly" insulting you just makes you look like a total douche bag by the way...

You only have to do ONE little thing to fix this whole mess.

Change the title to
    USS Nebula 1:1 Cleaned Smedit Conversion

therimmer96

Reaction score
    The issue for me is you may aswell be calling me stupid. Thinking that you can just pull this stunt AGAIN and then think you can get away with it by throwing round a few clearly BS excuses. We are not that stupid! You have a track record! don't do the same thing twice, let alone the sheer number of times you have done it.

I am perfectly willing to let you convert hulls, we all are, and most of us have or will do it. Its the lack of credit and the lies. Stop it.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I would also like to point out Atrocities does not mind you copying his work, but he does hate credit theft.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    This is all getting a little too cute. Stop posting and let his post sink into the forum mire. Also, rimmer try to avoid double posts. Some truth in advertising is appreciated tho ehrehin. If you used a tool just say so. If you didn't then ignore the hate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.