Efficiency ratings are completely out of whack!

Reaction score
    The efficiency ratings can get absolutely ridiculous on small/specialized ships. I built a scout/bomber that weighs 51.3 but can reach 1000 km/h in a 75 km/h server while being cloaked and jammed. It has 4 dumb-fire missiles, each dealing 6300 damage and 6930 shields. To top it off, it also has a permanently active ion effect system, which provides a damage reduction of 136.5% so that shooting it actually increases the amount of shields it has. Seriously, what?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The efficiency ratings can get absolutely ridiculous on small/specialized ships. I built a scout/bomber that weighs 51.3 but can reach 1000 km/h in a 75 km/h server while being cloaked and jammed. It has 4 dumb-fire missiles, each dealing 6300 damage and 6930 shields. To top it off, it also has a permanently active ion effect system, which provides a damage reduction of 136.5% so that shooting it actually increases the amount of shields it has. Seriously, what?
    You're saying you built a ship that can overdrive to 1000 km/h, stealth, and jam, all at the same time, AND has an active ion system? I'm calling BS. Prove me wrong with a video or a blueprint, but it sounds like you've exaggerated or lied about something here.

The ion boosting shields thing is a bug.

Reaction score
    You're saying you built a ship that can overdrive to 1000 km/h, stealth, and jam, all at the same time, AND has an active ion system? I'm calling BS. Prove me wrong with a video or a blueprint, but it sounds like you've exaggerated or lied about something here.

The ion boosting shields thing is a bug.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/stealth-bomber.766/
    Have fun.

EDIT: Should be approved now.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Apparently no one has approved it. Kind of doubting it will be if i someone is actually looking at ships and doesn't like overpowered exploit ships.
    You could upload it on to a filehosting site like mediafire and send me a download link.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Unknown2000 was right about everything. I'd like to apologize. Also, holy hell, somebody fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Some of these definitely need to be clamped, but I'm not sure overdrive needs to cost you an arm and a leg and your firstborn son to turn on. It doesn't improve your acceleration after all, just your max speed limit, so weapons with a stop effect won't have any more trouble than usual if you're trying to escape from combat.

Capping effects's defensive properties sounds good, though. Something like 90% cap on most of them. 200% on the overdrive? It should at least be enough to make it worthwhile. They should probably.all be individually customizable.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Capping effects's defensive properties sounds good, though. Something like 90% cap on most of them. 200% on the overdrive? It should at least be enough to make it worthwhile. They should probably.all be individually customizable.
    Yeah; rather than having everything fixed at 100%, there should be a max effective ratio for offensive and defensive blocks.