Effect Module Damage Calculation

Reaction score
    The wiki doesn't seem to have any formulas for calculating damage after adding effect modules to weapons so I thought it might not be common knowledge. So I calculated it for my ship building spreadsheet (WIP). Thought I'd share it here before my spreadsheet drops.

DPA = Damage per activation of a weapon array with 0 effect modules (This is a little tricky, but the wiki can point you in the right direction)

M= Master weapon modules

S = Slave weapon modules

E = Effect modules

Mod = Damage modifier (-1 is stop, push, and pull; 0 is explosive; 1 is ion against shields, 2 is overdrive)

TotalDamageperActivation = (1+mod*e/m)*DPA*(s+m+e)/(s+m)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The problem with that is it doesn't take into account like Pierce/Ion affecting hull and shields in an opposite fashion.

Also, the push/pull/stop effect do have a damage modifier of not-just-0 (I think it's x3 applied in thrust).
    What you could do is have 3 of those, one for hull, shield and then "Other" (for stop/push/pull/EMP).

Estimated damage is 5*(WeaponSize)*(Cooldown) in all but a few cases, same for PowerCost=Damage*10 (Cannon/Beam is an exception for power costs last I looked, and Missile/Pulse for damage)

Reaction score
    This is limited to damage calculations, I'll be looking into movement effects, power usage, and emp later. For ion you use a mod of -1 for the block damage calculation and +1 for a seperate shield damage calculation.

Thanks for the feedback.