Earth Authority Flotilla 27

Reaction score
    It doesn\'t really matter Connor, we don\'t plan to build a Stallion, we just thought you all might be interested in seeing it.

As for you, Grand Admiral Thrawn, we appreciate all requests that aren\'t \"Eat lasers!\" and as such, we\'d be happy to try giving your gunship a new lease of life. However, it might be easier to send us the blueprints for it over Internet, as it may be difficult for us to access non-European servers.

And now! We present to you the fruits of all our hard labour! [Well, that\'s what those prisoners were sentenced to, after all. If they want to complain about it, they can tell an Appeals Tribunal.] Still not finished though; there\'s another 600 metres in length to go. We also fitted the Vertical Launch System, and a \'Ceres-Heavy\' turret.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It\'s looking good! The first post with this in it, when I saw it, I found that there were too many colours and it was a bit overwhelming. However, with the engines now in place, the colours at the front compliment it rather than overwhelming it.

Just learned life lesson: It pays to wait.

Nice job :)

Reaction score
    i am currently thinking of forming a friendly mercanary faction to aid any one who needs it and if you want warfare help meening faction war that will cost you a fair trade or credits

Reaction score
    i have one name that might be the final name for my yet to be faction and that name is

Allied Tactical Squadron i am still undicided

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so as soon as i figure out how to upload ship to sramade forums i will give her to you for free she is around 260 m long

Reaction score
    Whilst searching for pirate stations on which to test out the Aegis\' fearsome weaponry, its sensors noted something very interesting - a Pallas class spacecraft in an area where the flotilla hadn\'t been for some amount of time. Once the Aegis was close enough to check the IFF transponder, its crew learned that this was no ordinary Pallas - it was a piece of history. The IFF squawk name was \'Pallas [unit number] Missile_Corvette\'.

The Pallas class was originally a mere test rig for fitting Vertical Launch System silos to a spacecraft. However, the platform soon proved that it could be more, and was given a strong hull. At this point it was still only a corvette, and battle testing showed that whilst it could hold its own for a while, it just didn\'t have enough firepower.

From this, we realised that this spacecraft, Pallas 01 Panda, was one of the earliest examples of its type, going back to when the Pallas was still just a corvette design. It was brought to Aurora Station by the Aegis\' secondary Command Crew, who returned on the new Oceanic class shuttle. (Sorry, we don\'t have pictures of that at the moment, but aside from some aesthetics changes and being easier to dock, it\'s basically the same as the old one.)

Since its remaining turrets were still operational, we activated them after fitting them with faction ID units. There was also a turret unit whose turret had been destroyed. After extending the docking zone, we fitted the same kind of Super-Heavy that comes standard on Fides class corvettes, so that it could defend itself from pirates if neccesary. It shouldn\'t be, given that much of the flotilla\'s military fleet is stationed around Aurora.

We have an... advanced doodler... working on his impression of the scene of the recovery, since we couldn\'t get anyone to EVA far out enough to take a proper picture.

In other news, the Aegis was fitted with an airlock between Environmental Control and the forward hangar. The hangar was also fitted with docking units, providing space for two Nyx Heavy Fighters, something smaller than that, and something larger than that. The \'something smaller\' was addressed by the designing of the Ida class Light Fighter. The Ida carries AMCs and dumbfire missiles. We have yet to find somewhere to put shuttles and Iris class corvettes. They may warrant their own hangar elswhere on the spacecraft. The \'something larger\' will probably be a gunship or troop transport.

Reaction score
    - Rhea class carrier corvette

Our newest corvette, designed right here in the Starmade dimensional spectrum [We got our D-jump drives to work! Not very WELL, but we can at least go to more active dimensions than the one we first arrived in.] It was developed to fill the niche of carrier-based corvette with at least one turret. Whilst we do plan to give the Aegis a hangar with Iris assault corvettes, the Iris was specifically designed to be docking-friendly, as turrets were messing with the docking software. It\'s small size was also a function of this. Since we\'ve now fixed that issue, it was time to try making the niche craft. The Fides was too large, even once a modification was made to form a carrier-variant, so we had to start from scratch.

The result?

The turret we chose to fit on it is the Ceres-SuperLight, a design intended to replace the standard SuperHeavy on the Ceres class which has performed poorly. The SuperHeavy, along with the standard UltraLight, failed to get through even short pirate assaults without damage. The new Ceres-SuperLight design forgoes all internal power generation in favour of shielding. It carries AMCs and dumbfire missiles. We don\'t know if it WILL work better or not, but damned if it doesn\'t fit the Ceres line of turrets\' aesthetics better.

If we ever construct a Vesta class carrier, we\'ll be sure to give it the room to carry that modified Fides.

Reaction score
    Most of the recent work on the Aegis has been internal, centering on making the engines more efficient and increasing its power storage and generation capacity. Recently, as the purpose for the development of the Rhea class suggested, the Aegis was given a hangar capable of storing light corvettes including the Iris and Rhea classes. The Fides, however, is too large to fit in the hangar entrance. We may decide to extend the hangar to fit two extra light corvettes, or one extra light corvette and several auxhiliary craft such as shuttles, transports and landers, or four yet-to-be-developed gunships, or a mix of the above.

Reaction score
    Today, we bring you the news that the Aegis is approaching completion, and that we are very, very excited about this. There\'s still some equipment left to put in it, and part of the tail is still yet to be done, including the four Ceres Super-Heavy turrets, but the image below is as close to how the Aegis will look when it\'s finished as makes no difference. Not having the C-SH turrets gives a better view of the thruster vanes anyway.

Some of the noticable features to its rear are the thrust directional control vanes, the navigation light pylons, the main radiators and the combat radiators. [The main radiators are the flat ones fitted to the secondary nascelles, whilst the combat radiators are the zig-zagging ones fitted to the primary nascelles.] Also fitted are two arrays each consisting of twenty one Vertical Launch System lock-on missile silos [which each consist of 45 blocks.]

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sweet Jesus!

Man the ceres looks so damn great! I especialy like the hyper-space-ring-thingy!

\"Vertical Launch System\"? Sounds really awesome, too!

But could you maybe link to a high-res screen? The picture is so tiny and I assume I miss lots of detail :/

Reaction score
    ...however, the Ceres class isn\'t completed. I\'ll be refitting the front sections with hardened hull so they match the back sections, and I\'ll probably redesign the Ceres Super-Heavy turrets a bit so that they actually have a hull on their underside, and so their undersides curve more. That version will be saved as the EAMS Vulcan.

Wait.... aren\'t I ON the Vulcan?