Earth Authority Flotilla 27

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    With the heavy turrets on it the ceres looks even better and of course, even more badass =D

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I love the use of radiator vanes on your larger ships, I tried out something similar on a few of my designs, but couldn\'t really get what I wanted aesthetically. The Ceres class is especially impressive, and I am unsurprised that it has taken a very long time to get right, congratulations on your success.

Reaction score
    Man, I remember when the aegis was just the cockpit and i was donating some light ships to your cause. now here we are. the completed Aegis, UEI falling to vec and you, and my retirement. how fast time flies when you spent 300-400 years in a cryo-capsule.

Reaction score
    A quadruple whammy for you today - we\'re showing off our Febris class triage support craft, and our three gunships that were developed to replace the aging, inflexible, and frankly ugly-looking Reaper.

- Febris fast-response medical transporter [triage support craft]

The Febris is a corvette sized spacecraft, meaning it can dock in a Ceres\' hangar bay. It carries seven beds and an operating theatre, allowing it to act as a mobile surgical hospital as well as a basic treatment centre. Access to its reactor is given by a hatch in the underside, as not enough space remained to have it be positioned at the rear of the craft like it is on the military corvettes.

- Angel class point-defence gunship

The Angel acts as a smaller anti-fighter platform than the Fides, being easily carried by a Ceres class, which do not have hangar room to hold a Fides themselves. Besides two small turrets, the Angel is outfitted with two lock-on missile launchers for the pilot to use.

- Hawke class assault gunship

Larger and more powerful than the Nyx class fighter, the Hawke can pack more punch whilst remaining almost as agile and just as fast. It doesn\'t carry turrets, but does hold a pilot-controlled array of weapons including AMCs, lock-on and unguided missiles.

- Fox class transport gunship

This can be considered a pocket dropship, capable of carrying eight passengers, not counting anyone riding in a weapons system computer. It carries a smaller array of weapons, which are less powerful than the Hawke\'s. Its engines deliver enough thrust to enable fairly easy planetary landings and takeoff.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    They all do look really awesome! The bulky look of the Fox class reminds me somehow of the dropships from Starship Troopers^^

Just one little question \'bout the Febris. Why this green-yellow pattern? As a medical ship it seems more plausible to have a red cross or something similar on it.

Reaction score
    Pretty simply? I like British ambulances better than I like American ones.

That\'s also why there are no red lights on it\'s top to go with the blue ones.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Any pictures of the interior of the Febris? Or better yet a download?

You\'re also the first ship maker (That I\'ve noticed anyway) to not get the aviation/nautical standard lighting backwards.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    While British ambulances may feature the green/yellow pattern traditional hospital ships always use a redcross. The Febris isn\'t simply an ambulance, but I guess it is your ship to decorate how you like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMHS_Britannic

https://www.google.com/search?q=hospital+ship&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=5ICRUqfjAcPdsATDzoH4Dg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=954

Reaction score
    Febris download: http://star-made.org/node/14874

If it were my webcomic, which side is port and which is starboard would be arbitrary though because spacraft are built like skyscrapers in it. When the engines fire, the walls facing the engines become the floor. Still, I like to Do The Research.

Also a WIP:

The Angita class hospital ship.

Reaction score
    We decided that it would be just awesome if our under-construction Siberia class missile cruiser could carry a Fides corvette. We already made a carrier variant, but there wasn\'t anything to carry it until now. The Siberia has a rear hangar that would do just great for the task. So, we went back to that carrier-variant and did a few more modifications.

We removed the three underslung turrets as they protruded below the level of the main hull\'s underside. That would have interfered with docking. As such, the rearmost turret dock was replaced with more fixed pilot-controlled weapons systems, and the two sponson-mounted turrets were replaced by modified SuperHeavy turrets.

Reaction score
    What we have here is an in-progress cruiser of the Siberia class.

The Siberia is primarily a missile cruiser, hence its main cannons are less powerful and it carries no Ceres SuperHeavy or Ceres UltraHeavy turrets. More on the UltraHeavies soon. When completed, it will be around 500 to 550 metres in length, putting it in the cruiser class. However, it may have similar mass to the Ceres class as it has a wider and taller main body.

Its Command Section\'s hangar [entranced by the hangar doors on either side] carries eight gunships. It will have two hangars, but unlike the Ceres, the hangar in the Engine Section will be reached from a door at the tail of the spacecraft. It will be able to carry two light corvettes [an Iris and a Febris,] and one heavy corvette [the Fides carrier variant.]

Reaction score
    Just giving you another look at how we\'re getting on with the Siberia. We are seriously regretting building this so damn near a pirate spacestation. Also, all the CIWS turrets\' weapons systems were fitted backwards and they exploded when we tested them. They were later replaced with guns that could fire forwards.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thats some awesome stuff you\'ve got here. The Aegis is absolutely stunning, and I\'m loving the support vessels. Well done.

Reaction score
    The hull is almost complete - there\'s just two small parts of the inside forward areas of the nascelles that are missing. Other things to be completed:

- Weapons Control

- Triage Centre

- Generator room

- Shield emitter room

- FILL EVERYTHING REMAINING WITH SHIELDS, POWER GENERATION AND POWER STORAGE SYSTEMS!

... and then it will be complete. Above is shown the entrance to the hangar. Inside are; a Fides Carrier Variant [rebuilt with the core in its centre], a Febris class triage support ship, and a Rhea class carrier corvette.

Reaction score
    We finished working on the Siberia! Wooo!

Numerous flaws in the Ceres\' design were taken into account when building the Pteranodon. Firstly, the Flight Deck was moved to the forward area of the Engine Section, where it recieves much greater protection. It was built with hardened hull from the get-go. It has enough power generation capability to keep the guns running without draining the power reserves - that only happens, and slowly, when the engines are in use. Each of its weapons systems have two computers, and some variation in delivery method. On the subject of computers, these are all kept in the Server Room along with the Faction Module and AI control unit, far away from the core, so that the spacecraft can be recovered if the core overheats, with functioning systems. It is also suspected that the AMCs may have higher DPS than the Ceres\'.

Reaction score
    [TRANSCIEVER TEST]

> TRANSMISSION SUCCESSFUL - COMMUNICATIONS ACTIVE

==================================

Whew. That was pretty challenging. We finally got the Vulcan\'s communications antennae repaired after a Coronal Mass Ejection fried them. On a happy note, we can now officially announce our newest Work In Progress: the Vesta class battlecarrier EAMS Falkland. Originally intended to be 690 metres in length and with four engine nascelles, it is now planned to be built in a more conventional manner, despite forgoing a spinring. This will leave it with a length of 800 to 1000 metres. Because of its greater mass, it will be fitted with a total of eight nascelles.

The Vesta class is notable for its large number of anti-smallcraft turrets, and anti-Fleet Point Defence long-range main weapon turret. Whilst this turret is capable of attacking larger craft, it\'s intended purpose is against smallcraft at long distance that would be destroyed in a single shot. It is also, as the name \'battlecarrier\' suggests, intended for carrying gunships, corvettes, frigates and at least one destroyer.

As you can see, so far, only the front end\'s hull is complete. Work on internals will likely begin once significant work has been done on the Engine Section.