DSC-304 class "U.S.A.F ODYSSEY" Updated!!!

Reaction score
    It\'s 696 blocks long with the antennae on the nose.

Mass is just under 300 K now, and will be probably 350 K when we figure out where to hide some more shields.

Currently, when viewing this ship, the game runs at 60 FPS on my stalwart three year old pc. Geri has a much more powerful setup and gets 155. Btw, he\'s regularly entertaining himself by spawning other huge ships next to it for comparison.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ok good my PC should run it just fine then? can Geri get a pic comparing it to say the Briggadier?

Reaction score
    wasn\'t exactly the same weight class, so we dug up an older screenshot too.

It looks weird, because both the Aurora and the Star destroyer was built in a smaller scale.

Our BC 304 is as close to 1:1 as possible. Though several wikis say it\'s 225 meters long, that\'s just speculation by fans. They were probably trying to compare it to real- life aircraft carriers. The problem is, those ships use most of their length to do what one wing does on the Daedalus class. When we built our first incarnation of the ship, it was exactly that long and it could barely hold 2 fighters in each wing, and only if we stripped out the front wall and all the interior walls.

So we had to go a good three times longer. Now we can park eight 302s in each wing, with room to move around between them. And we have the runway the way it\'s supposed to be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    is there an ETA for this? I\'ve got a crew lined up and raring to go for a good RP with this, (assuming you\'ll allow us to use it) and we can\'t wait to play.

Reaction score
    But we\'ve progressed much.

Every bit of exterior detail is done.

Finished interior detail since last post;

-Communications tower

-Engine room extras

-Officer\'s quarters (with private bathrooms. ...some ended up having windows by accident, so beware of peeping wraiths.)

-Mess hall, kitchens, freezers, officer\'s mess.

-95 % hallways and stairwells.

-Med bay with operating rooms, quarantine rooms, reception desk, etc.

Remains to be built;

-Finishing touches on hallways,

-Asgard hologramm room

-Crew\'s quarters

-Forward sensor array

-Brig

-Armory / weapons caches.

There\'s still going to be some empty space, left to everyone\'s discretion to fill up with whatever they\'d like.

Rest assured, when it\'s done we will upload it for everyone to enjoy. I\'d hazard saying it looks like that could happen at this Friday evening.

There\'s one tiny problem that\'s bothering me, though;

Last September\'s docking area update screwed up our turrets and we\'ve been using the /ignore_docking_area true command ever since. Not everyone is allowed or willing to use that command, but if we remodel the turrets they will be next to useless ( We built half of them in such a way, that most of their mass is actually hidden inside the ship\'s body, making them way more powerful than they could be. It actually worked without cheating before said update. ) and many of them will either need to be moved out of their intended place, or have their barrels shortened, OR have the detail mangled around them.

Not particularly appealing options. I would like to hear what you guys think on the matter.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it possible to indent them in such a way as to acquise to the new reqs? If not, then just make them less powerful. I would rather havew a hundred tiny turrets that collectively mean a shit ton of firepower than one big gun. Because if you miss on the big one you\'re screwed, or if the big one gets destroyed. Yet if a little turret is destroyed you\'re still fine.

Also, here\'s an idea for the missile bays, assuming each one is it\'s own verticle missile launcher. Make them in four salvos of four missiles each (using four Smart missile computers) and have each one a different level. Perhgaps one salvo is really fast, yet another is really powerful. And there are four missiles in each one. thus you\'ve got a versitile missile platform as well as a powerful Deep Space Carrier. I was planning on just modifying your design for that, but then I thought I\'d share it.

Reaction score
    Sort of. Groups of 4 missiles. But each one identical. You can spam them continuously.

And you have the main guns to tear down shields. 4 solid-line AMCs on one computer. They run about 2/3 length of the ship in service ducts, and end in a huge battery in the wings. They\'re prety powerful, even if the game favors \"shotgun\" cannons with more outputs. Also, can\'t wait to replace them with lasers once the promised super-updates arrive. It\'ll be just like in TV, when they\'ve retrofitted the ship with asgard beams.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can you tell me the dimensions of the missile silos? (amount of blocks in each missile launcher)?

Also, are you planning on/already have puddle jumpers in the mini-bays under each wing? I\'m having troubles trying to build my own version of a puddlejumper....... Mainly for salvage and repair....

And where is the ship core? The bridge, or internal(like the asgard computer core room)?

Reaction score
    We don\'t have a puddle jumper.*

The ship core would have been very exposed in the bridge, so it\'s in the asgard core room instead. ( Visible in comment #38, the block closest to the camera. )

*: Edit: That\'s no longer true. Available as a separate download, but it\'s so small, it\'d take remarkable patience to go salvaging with it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s f****** impressive!!!!!!!

That\'s 110,880 blocks total! There ain\'t nobody got time to protect against sixteen of those babies!

Reaction score
    It took five months but we\'re finally done.

The exterior speaks for itself.

Interior wise, we\'ve included every major room we could think of.

Download. Explore. Enjoy.

Reaction score
    Dear god... Good job building this, looks amazing. Far better than pretty much any other ship I\'ve seen!

Reaction score
    Went around the ship to try and see everything. Took me a few hours!

Awasome ship!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hello Starmade players!

Several of you have marked that an upload with working docks and a decreased cost would be preferrable in some cases.

In the past weeks I have ben working on this. All hardened hulls on the entire ship were switched to regular hulls - making the ship somewhat easier to destroy but much cheaper as well.
    I have added enhancers to docking modules and rearranged turrets where necessary.
    Some minor structural flaws were also fxed, and the hull was supplemented with the new shapes (tetra & penta blocks).

New Stats:

-mass:352267.5 (Blocks: 3511679)

-Length: 660m; Height: 133m; Width: 387m

-Power: 55500792.4 (16363422.9e/sec )

-Thrust: 814167.6

Shields: 6226593 (90769s/sec) Blocks: 659133

The reworked ship link:http://star-made.org/node/18900