Dry Empire - A story in the Starmade multiverse

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am writing a blog-story about my first ventures in the Starmade multiverse here.
    It will detail (in a fictional story-based way, speckled with tips and tricks and tutorials as I discover them, for new players) my time playing this awesome game.

I have come from the minecraft community, where I released a similar story called "Grifwald".

Starmade takes the block-world concept to a whole new level and is really amazing. All it needs now is some AI critters running around in derelicts and on planets turning out-of-ship environments into much more dangerous places to be.

Hope you enjoy the game journal, and please feel free to comment, or even contribute.

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks Drakkart!
    The shipyard is done (except for embellishments I'll add as time goes on). Now I'm halfway through building my first corvette, which will teach me a lot about the building process.
    I'm thinking I'm going to have to invest in some serious factory upgrades though... block building is proving to be a very, very slow process...

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Very interesting!

I actually do something similar with my shipyard thread. I've interwoven a story into every ship release.

Basically its about my inter-dimensional, inter-universal shipyard: Crimson Corp Fleet Dynamics. its unique in the way that i write the story around much of my inventions, adventures, and even interactions between other players. Yours is more grounded in the gameplay while mine leans more toward the fictional side whilst still being in the Starmade "Universe".

the crazy thing is it started off very humbly as kind of a amusing way to explain some of the ships I release but its turned into something truly epic. I put a lot of effort into writing each chapter and the story is still on going. if you wana get start you can read it here. It starts on page 5 and continues on most of the story is told via a Spoiler and reads like a script.(keep in mind that plot wise it doesn't have an introduction since this was suppose to be kind of a "for fun" thing. The setting is that a Man named the Crimson-Artist runs a very successful Omniverse shipyard called Crimson Corp. He makes a living off selling his ships to other universes and has to deal with various problems both inside the company and out of it)

You can read the overview on the OP of my thread or you can read all of the chapters without interruption in another thread made by another player here

Keep on writing, Starmade does wonders for the imagination!

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks Crimson-Artist... yes it's a great game for getting into a zone.

I've released a new entry where I detail the first small factory set up I've made... in it I can plop any inventory items I pick up into one location and the factory will sort it into appropriate Storage Banks, and even the factories will draw from and deliver to appropriate locations so I always know where everything is and it's all fully automated.

It's a basic set up but it's exactly what I need at this point while I'm still small-scale

Enjoy!

Reactions: Crimson-Artist