Drones will fire salvagebeam, won't actually mine

Reaction score
    I have all the proper stuff to mine asteroids, and some just won't mine as the title says.
    There is a video of it I'm beyond words at how to fix it.

Last edited:

josemik

Freelancer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I dont use miner drones, but maybe you have to connect the beams to the container somehow?, idk, if it still doesnt work, create a new entry with the miner ship that works, and replace your broken miner with the one that works

Reaction score
    I dont use miner drones, but maybe you have to connect the beams to the container somehow?, idk, if it still doesnt work, create a new entry with the miner ship that works, and replace your broken miner with the one that works
    It's all connected up as it should be, they are all replicas of eachother with only half working and half not working. I even demonstrated it in the video that firing the lasers puts stuff into the storage

josemik

Freelancer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    can you send me that ship that doesnt work as ai? i want to test it and see where the problem is, i mean, create a catalog entry with a broken one and export it and send it to me

josemik

Freelancer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    It says that the rar is damaged and cannot be opened, anyways i just wanna try if it works on my game and its something to do with your game instead of the ship

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'd check if both the Salvager Computers are linked to a Storage and if the Storage has enough cargo space. If one or both of these are not done than odds are there's your problem.

Reaction score
    I'd check if both the Salvager Computers are linked to a Storage and if the Storage has enough cargo space. If one or both of these are not done than odds are there's your problem.
    That.Is.Not.The.Problem. It's all wired up 100% fine. I have a video of it working when i fire, and not working when the AI uses it. I made a new one to CLEARLY demonstrate this.

Reaction score
    Bump need reply soonish since the server got a population boom and now people are openly talking about randomly raiding.

Reaction score
    All I can see is that the big drone in the beginning has an offset core. AFAIK, the fleet AI uses cores to target so it might be firing and not hitting anything because of the core offset. Try building a drone with the core centered on the array and see if that helps.