Drone Wars Competition

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Congratulations to all the participants and especially the winner Sgtwisky. Can't wait to see the video as i missed the stream (family at home).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Learnt a lot from the stream about my drone's weaknesses. I will start right away working on improved versions.
    Again, thanks for that competition, much to learn there. And fun to watch.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Congrats Sarge! Glad to see my drones make it into the semifinals, pretty neat for a 1st try at drone engineering:)
    Already looking forward to the next season, Then ill look into better launching sequences and shielding, built these in an afternoon, so ill see you next time

Last edited:

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Phhh....
    I would be winner even before the start of competition

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    my congratulations to the participants and the winner, I hope my drones are done their job well :)

I can not wait to see the video of the battles, sorry I could not attend in person, my work prevented me Y_Y

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Its ok GalactusX. I too had work and couldn't be there "In person".

You can watch the entire stream from toasterborsts twitch channel. OR at least it was there to be watched when I last checked. it starts at 1 hour 20 min into the video. That is about where the "Preparing competition" screens disappear and they get down to business.

Also gotta say I underestimated your drones when I saw their image here in the forums. They had a pretty good bite. And when watching the final between us, I was surprised my drones won the way they did. Hope you show up for the next drone wars competition. As your the closest I have to a rival in SM now lol.

Time to improve my drones for the next season.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    For the next drone war, I hope they consider up a little the total mass, it is difficult to create a good design drone, balanced in shields and weapons, without neglecting the hull and aesthetics :)

I promise in the next drone competition do a more easy-lunch drone bay... sorry if the system i use is complicated or bad Y_Y and.. build a more great and powerfull drone configuration :)

for those who want to go directly see the video, I leave the link to the channel
    Twitch

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    well ... when it will be planned the 2nd drone war? ... I want revenge !!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    well ... when it will be planned the 2nd drone war? ... I want revenge !!
    Actually i have to excuse to all of you. For we announced the wrong winner ; ( *sigh*
    The thing is, we learned a lot but we sadly learned by making mistakes.
    Now the tournament was 1/4 of the entire rating. But GalactusX scored higher on the launcher and aesthetics of the rack. And in a double elimination tournament there should have been a rematch straight after your loss for your rack just lost once, and someone is out when they have lost twice...

Ok so GalactusX, you actually really carried the entire thing home, only way i could argue against that is that you did not wire your rack to release all drones on a single button click but - anyway. If you wish write dal a message. He is super busy so he might not respond for a few days but he could do you one of these nice signatures. Sorry for the confusion everybody : (

Now for the future we gladly have a list of what we preferable would not to do wrong again. And more mass will definitely be a change for next season. I am still trying to get everyone to agree on a date but once that is figured out, we will be able to announce season 2.

But now enjoy the tournament.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    aaww and here I thought I won. Ah well there is always next season :). congrats to GalactusX. I and now to steel your thunder.... "I shall have my revenge !".

I would like to retract my victory speech now XD.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i am sorry wiskey but as said we learned a lot and all agreed on doing it more proffessionally next time which btw. should be this year still... just need to find the right date.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Much?

Good job anyways, can we have a top 5 list of all drones?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

Much?

Good job anyways, can we have a top 5 list of all drones?
    That will have to wait untill next week for i am out of town over the weekend but should i forget please remind me i just recall system wise yours scored 8/10 maybe check video for the other scores

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Actually i have to excuse to all of you. For we announced the wrong winner ; ( *sigh*
    The thing is, we learned a lot but we sadly learned by making mistakes.
    Now the tournament was 1/4 of the entire rating. But GalactusX scored higher on the launcher and aesthetics of the rack. And in a double elimination tournament there should have been a rematch straight after your loss for your rack just lost once, and someone is out when they have lost twice...

Ok so GalactusX, you actually really carried the entire thing home, only way i could argue against that is that you did not wire your rack to release all drones on a single button click but - anyway. If you wish write dal a message. He is super busy so he might not respond for a few days but he could do you one of these nice signatures. Sorry for the confusion everybody : (

Now for the future we gladly have a list of what we preferable would not to do wrong again. And more mass will definitely be a change for next season. I am still trying to get everyone to agree on a date but once that is figured out, we will be able to announce season 2.

But now enjoy the tournament.
    for this session drone war, I would like to continue being the winner already this, he has done a good job, and seeing that we were in the 50% chance of winning each other, I am glad that my designs are given war :)

so for me Sgtwisky is the winnier of this seasson

but.. be carefull.. next drone wars... my desings will be more ... interesting ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I'm already looking forward as well. Tweaking systems, making em look fancier ect..

Lets settle this battle tie once and for all next season :).

Reaction score
    Just got free time to log in. Wow 30 minute match with the Manth's... damn. I feel like I should apologize or something haha.

Congrats to the winners.

Contrary to match commentary, I did have one drone rigged up as AMS. However, the center mount turret, while cool, was such an exposed weakness I think Galacticus' drones decommissioned it early. You could see it working in that second match.

Okay second gen starts now

Reaction score
    I'm gonna have to get in on this next season. Madman and I were working on some drones, but due to real-life (yes, that still exists... sadly) time crunches we didn't finish the rack, or the missile drones. We made a heat-seeking missile drone... excellent TK machine. While duelling about two dozen of them in a terrible gunship design, the most dangerous thing on the battlefield to then ... was themselves.
    Dumb heatseeking missiles track anything giving off a signature that is not the launch vessel (usually, unless you're a really bad shot and/or pilot), which means that the two dozen drones flying around have a MUCH better chance of dying than me. Target-rich environment. Yes!
    But 30 TIEs of approximately 31 mass each (or something close, I just know 30 drones fit the weight req) can be lethal. Especially those cannon ones, man those things burn crap down.
    I want to see, however, if I can fit that gunship I was talking about. Through judicious use of magic reactor boxdim things (Only played starmade a few months now) that I didn't know about in the first design of the gunship, I have increased power. By stripping drive systems that AI don't use, and also by stripping a large secondary missile launcher and its accompanying capacitor banks, I found space and power for ridiculous amounts of shielding. Its primary mission is the AMS defense role. While Madman fired a lot of missiles off the heat-seeker drone, I laughed as one... out of several dozen... connected.
    This all on a (catalog mass, I don't have one spawned) 195.3 mass vessel. It's got like 9 AMS C-C turrets. One block each. That thing fires like a minigun. Six shots per SECOND may be underrating that thing... holy crap it was awesome. It's still crappy, looks bad, but hey, if it works for a little while... well the things are cheap.