Drone Wars Competition

Reaction score
    Well, I'm too late. School was not kind to my drone-building aspirations. I have half a rack of working drones, but I'm not going to bother finishing it---I didn't get the missile variants finished in time, and I haven't yet spawned in the beam variants.

Ah well. I'll be here next time, I hope.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well, its a shame you missed the deadline. If you can manage to find the time though, I still recommend finishing them. They could prove useful latter. And you can learn a lot when designing drones. Weather its how to use logic to launch them in crazy ways, how to make em look good, or how to design systems in a very compact area, there seems to always be more to learn with them.

Then again, if you were not really interested in drones, but just wanted to enter the competition I could see why you might not want to continue working on em.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    ok so i'd officially close here because of the forum not being reachable i will acknowledge all submitted racks. I'll now doewnload them all and forward them as well to the other judges. good luck everyone

Reaction score
    It is valuable experience, it's led to me getting more experience in general design and weapon strengths and good combinations on different drones.

I'm going to set up another rack of the things, then get my brother on our little LAN server and see what 39-ish of my drones do to an equal number of other ships, even though the other ships will be much larger.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    systems analysis is complete, it is going to become very a very interesting saturday...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Can't wait to see that !

Maybe a litttle recap of the contenders ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I like the sound of "systems analysis". Makes me imagine some real science going on here.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I like the sound of "systems analysis". Makes me imagine some real science going on here.
    like a lot of stuff i do in starmade it involved the use of a calculator for each type of drone ... does it make you feel better that i use a scientific calculator from the time is was a student?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Sweet Sig. I actually forgot it was today ! glad I checked the forums :).

Victory Speech:
    I would like to thank the internet for allowing me to be here. I would also like to thank Schema for making the game. AND All the people that posted in the drone RnD thread..... Ok I will stop there.

Just a quick question to Darkkart, I know you were streaming the event, are you planning to put up a recorded version? Just asking as I was at work during your streaming.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Sweet Sig. I actually forgot it was today ! glad I checked the forums :).

Victory Speech:
    I would like to thank the internet for allowing me to be here. I would also like to thank Schema for making the game. AND All the people that posted in the drone RnD thread..... Ok I will stop there.

Just a quick question to Darkkart, I know you were streaming the event, are you planning to put up a recorded version? Just asking as I was at work during your streaming.
    borst was streaming and probably is going to putup his arcjives actually switched to royalty free music after a while to keep the audio...
    and ofc i will also provide a video of the recorded version ;( it just will require a lot of editing first.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    ty for the reply. Just assumed it was you as you posted the banner with Twitch XD.

Reaction score
    Grats to Mr. Sgtwisky!!! Looking forward to seeing the video!
    Also, any chance we might see a Carrier someday soon? After all, those award winning drones need a proper home ;P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I DO really want to make a Protoss Mothership for them, but I still don't feel like my skill at that scale is good enough yet. But one day...