Drone Wars Competition

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Is not Hull equal to armor? ;) felt a bit confused, maybe i missed something. Never been much into these technical combat things.
    i think he was refering to the three different armor classes in starmade starting at hull armor and then advanced armor... but yeah hull could be considered armor as it provides an armor rating.

Reaction score
    I was referring to hull blocks vs. standard armor. But I already remade my TIE fighter drones to be legal (Just had to double the panel thickness on the wings)
    Now they're even more crazy powerful!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    well MrDeez, you have Hull blocks, Standard Armor, and Advanced Armor. Each has different damage mitigation abilities, and each costs more then the tier before it. Some of the comments I have seen don't really regard Hull as being armor. Because its damage mitigation is very low compared to the others.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see, thanks for all reply.
    I consider hull to be armor, since it is armor! maybe not that much indeed. I could say that about 40% of my hull is esthetic and 60% protection. Block count that is. Where about 25% of those 60% are standard or advanced armor to patch up weak spots.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    If you are not hyped yet, friday next week is the deadline to submit your racks... competition will be the next weekend afterwards. i am excited!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Looks like I'll be participating after all probably. I just finished refitting my Soul drone, winner of the last two drone competitions >:-D

Edit: aw crap, looks like they're over the mass limit by 25 :(. 150 mass, 1133 blocks. Guess I could replace the std armor with basic, but then it'd look like crap... A shame, it used to be under the mass limit with the old armor weights.

*sigh*

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Looks like I'll be participating after all probably. I just finished refitting my Soul drone, winner of the last two drone competitions >:-D

Edit: aw crap, looks like they're over the mass limit by 25 :(. 150 mass, 1133 blocks. Guess I could replace the std armor with basic, but then it'd look like crap... A shame, it used to be under the mass limit with the old armor weights.

*sigh*
    Looking forward to pit my drones against yours. i refitted your souldrones for my own use as well but i'll keep those for me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    OK. Finished my entry. Drone War Contest Entry: Protoss Drone Rack

Behold ! The Protoss Interceptor Drones ! I decided to go with these little guys instead of my normal combat drones, just because they are more fun and look better. BUT Fear not. They are not inept in a fight.

The drone team weighs in at 983.4 mass. As an added experiment I tested launching via shootout rails on this rack. You need to pilot the rack in order to launch the drones from the inner ship remote.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Here is my entry. Drone War Contest Entry: Manthanonian Banach-class Defense Drone

The full drone lodge is available at the link. The individual drone is available here

Unfortunately, I got a little ambitious, so the drone lodge is not quite finished. It's intended to work as a docking station, and there is a control panel that allows the Warden to maneuver drones into a maintenance hanger, where they can be retrofitted with different guns. However, there is eventually going to be a weapons rack which holds the different guns, as well as a living quarters and some other details. I also haven't created a launching method which flings the drones out of the bottom successfully. I've been playing with pairing the pulse weapon with push effect, but I just haven't got one yet that has enough oomph...

The lodge also is missing the chassis and docking components which are going to enable it to dock inside of a capital ship. It is intended to be a modular components (one of several) which can be used to customize a pending batch of Manthanonian capital ships. From there, it can be undocked to perform specialized missions or left as a patrol/defense point.

Sadly, real life took over and work and grad school were not so kind on my timing.

Reactions: Rumcajz and kikaha
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    3 days left i hope everybody remembers to submit their rack in time.

Reaction score
    So question: who configures the AI blocks once loaded in and can we request a specific combo?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Do you mean activating the BOBBY AI on your ships? If you turned them on while they were attached to the rack, then saved the rack, they should be set already. Or do you mean something diff?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So question: who configures the AI blocks once loaded in and can we request a specific combo?
    You do, we start the match by pressing one button which hopefully deploys them. and then /destroy_entity the rack. hopefully your drones are setup correctly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    *suddenly imagines ALL the contestant drones being OFF.

Well... those fights were... a thing.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    *suddenly imagines ALL the contestant drones being OFF.

Well... those fights were... a thing.
    So guys we are being 45 minutes into the game and it looks like our left drones are still drifting a bit to the right... we are still expecting big things out of this match so let's see when the ai starts kicking in...