Drone mining broken

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I had a working mining fleet prior to the latest release. But now they just sit in space doing nothing. I double checked all the connections between the cannons, computer, core, and cargo. Remade the fleet. Checked the AI for active and set to fleet. The drones recall to the carrier just fine, but they wont mine.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    i will check again in the evening.
    it was still working on one of the latest dev builds ... so yeah .. no idea ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    UPDATE:

This has happened several times now, reinstalling the game seems to the only fix when it happens.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the new asteroid sizes the mining ai will need a more adaptive approach as the collision avoidance will activate before it can fire. So those ships that were just on the edge of functioning with the older smaller asteroids will not function now.

Next time it happens try mining away the currently targeted asteroid and see if the mining fleet will eventually fire. Sometimes other objects being to close, either ships or asteroids, can also trigger collision avoidance dancing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It has nothing to do with collision avoidance. At least that is after see my drones actually have collision avoidance problems when to asteroids spawned with in meters of each other I determined this is another matter. No they refuse to mine, they simply refuse to mine. They still do everything else they can do in terms of fleet orders. I have tried gently nudging them, Ive tried smacking them with the board flat side of my carrier. Ive tried clearing cache, reconnecting to the server, restarting the client. Reinstalling the client seems to be the only fix when they break, I assume there is something being stored on the client the 'clear cache' tool isn't clearing, just not sure what it is.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think I have witnessed what you are talking about. Instead of the usual wiggle back and forth with collision avoidance the ships will sit still instead.