Door sensor? State? help required please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am in process of making a massive Marvel Helicarrier, but I have a logic issue regarding blast doors. I have made some very large blast doors on the right of the flight deck on the slope down from the top deck.

I made it so they would open as separate segments consecutively one after the other using delays and flipflop and NOT gates..... so scenario is:- button is pressed.... doors open a segment at a time from bottom to top.... button pressed again and doors close segment at a time from TOP to bottom so it looks like a giant sliding/roller shutter door. that all works fine and has no problems.

But... there is always a but.. when someone comes along and hits "R" to open blast door with out using the button then it only opens the one segment that they pressed "R" on.

Question is... is there any way of taking an output signal from the blast door state that I can use to trigger all the other parts of my door to open? or has anyone got any ideas how I can work around this?

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    Yup there is (and you don't need delay blocks to achieve such a sliding door):
    whenever a docked entity completes a movement on a rail block, any activation module/button next to that rail block turns on (and when that entity later leaves that block, they turn off)
    Btw, if you haven't already watched them, you should watch bench tutorials, for instance Ep 11 rails triggering rails

EDIT: just realized you weren't talking about rails sorry x]
    EDIT2: you might be able to reclose the door regularly, that doesn't really solve your problem, but it mitigates it, i'll test that
    EDIT3: ok, i have two propositions, none of them are really great though:
    - use a fast clock+pulse shortener to reclose the door regularly when you didn't activate it with the good button
    - use a rail docked-entity whose movement is blocked by the blast door to detect when it opens
    I attached a blueprint with a small demo of these two propositions (just activate one of the two activators next to the rotator block for the rotator clock to start).
    If you're not adamant about using door blocks you can also use rails for your door

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rodeown
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Olxinos, Thanks for the reply, Using rails for the door is out of the question, it would take far too long to open even with mass enhancers and rail speed control on it, these doors are MASSIVE. :) I have the doors working fine as is and all I needed was some sort of output I could use with the logic for when the door segments were opened manually... trouble with using rails to detect an open segment is that there are many segments on each door and it would just get very messy. I may get a video of the door done later today so its easier to see. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Cover the door with area triggers. It makes it really hard to hit the 'R' or activate with a core beam