Donut's Suggestion Thread - Holograms, Planets & lots more!

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    @Furb, I agree the power system isn\'t done by far, I\'m trying to rethink that into something a little more usefull, I like the idea of core\'s and shutdowns tho.

And for the combat, well we talked about it in person and I just overhauled it for clarification. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love the gravity idea, I find it odd to be able to fly under the planet and mine mass amounts of minerals, so a double sided planet with multisided gravity. But I think the planets will remain disk shapped and not become round in the least, but each side would have grass, or whatever is on the surface.

If the gravity idea does not work real well with planets, why not ships? I get annoyed by \"falling\" out of my ship and having to slowly drift back. If this gravity system could be applied to ships, we can walk on both sides, not just the top.

Reaction score
    Perhaps make the core an instant death. The 0, 0, 0 point would be the equivalent of a /kill?

Aze

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A better alpha planet fro temorary use would be to take the current planets shape, repeat it a bunch of times on multipule sides, like the north west side has the same shape and is undifirentiable from the other sides. until you have a sphere like world

the over all shape of the planets should be an octogonal shape is my opinion, all sides have the width of the current flat world

Aze

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes to all these ideas, I want it now!

said the spoiled little girl on charlie and the choclet factory

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I Think for all of the problem, a solution exist... The planets can have the scale of true planets.
    For landing on it, the game motor can be the same, ass a game created near 1980: elite II Frontier. It was a game in space, but very realistic: for example, all distances are real...
    This game was developed in assemblers, and his weight was only 1MB, so you can do the same thing in java... And, in groud, make an infinite world generation, using chunks, as minecraft... I think it is possible

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m going to say that I dislike any suggestion of indestructible planetary cores. Maybe very tough cores, but not indestructible ones.

my view on planets is that they should continue with the coin style two sided planet idea that\'s in the works, but have the gravity around the three block layers of the middle be non-existent, where the two directions of gravity cancel each other out. It still means we get a bouncy gravity bobbing effect if we dig out this space and our momentum passes us through the null gravity zone, but generally would keep things simple enough for us to be bad enough dudes to save the space president of space whilst in space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think the best will be to create to types of planets... Littles planets, with detructibles cores, with limited aera, not round... But i think this game need to a based-minecraft immersion. And, for that, i think \"real\" planets, with a infinite generation of terrain is needed. It is perfet to survive on it and to be the main place of a fact... for me, it\'s also better for the gameplay...

Reaction score
    You know somebody doesn\'t go outside when they don\'t know what is on a planets surface :D

Reaction score
    i love all of those ideas especialy the mass limit ship thing. when i started playing starmade on a server i bought all the resources i needed built my ship then when about to finish my ship another player comes and takes almost everything

Reaction score
    the mass thing would be a goddamn problem to existing servers, im in a base on a server at 3,3,3 with a cruise ship in the making, its got 15k blocks and im not half done the hull on the galley, what am i supposed to do, my next base is at 5,3,5 and even it wont fit it, and im not gunna leave it in space, if it was off for default and could be turned on, on newer servers then yes.

Reaction score
    another problem with cirular planets is docking. my ship might just slide on and on around and around

Reaction score
    oh and guys, you obviously didnt read the news, twerps.