Dont know if its a Bug or my system

Reaction score
    Hello hope all of you guys are doing well, this might be confusing prepare yourself.
    The current star-made version im playing on is v0.199.217 it runs a 100% no frames problem nothing but when I update to newest version I get 1 Fps and just impossible to play, I updated my Java to the latest version problem still persists. I backed up my blueprints and deleted my star-made folder for a clean install still ended up with just 1 Fps with newest update. So I downgraded again to my previous version and 100% no problem. Am I missing something, is it my PC or the star-made update that has the issue.

CPU: AMD 3.4 GHz
    RAM: 8g
    Nvidia graphics card

Reaction score
    • Tester
    are you seeing the same problem while playing on a multiplayer server ? (if you are not already)
    please add a logfile (logstarmade.0.log from logs folder) of one of the 1FPS sessions.
    and .. no .. that isnt normal in anyway

Reaction score
    Thanks for the reply will post the log shortly
    [doublepost=1481918437,1481917820][/doublepost]This is the Log, I dont play on servers

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    oooohhh ... GeForce 9600 ... that is 8 years old now. and clearly below the minimum requirement.

however.
    reduce the texture to 64 bit
    disable the background
    reduce amount of chunks drawn to 250
    disable framebuffer

and try to connect to a multiplayer server to reduce your CPU load
    (i do assume your CPU isnt that new either ?)

when you did spawn into your game world ... have there been more than one planets around ?

Reaction score
    Forgive me for replying now but went to bed last night it was night on my side of the world. Thanks a lot man im going to stay on v0.199,217 until I upgrade my Graphics card the CPU is in fact a good one, its the AMD A10 series with on-board radion graphics witch I don't use, can overclock to 4 GHz but I don't have a fan strong enough to cool that down so I don't overclock either.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    try to run it with the embedded APU grafics unit then ... might be worth a try.
    but do not expect stellar performance from the APU.

Reaction score
    Will give it a shot, do you know how I can switch between 2 graphics?

Reaction score
    Hey man, the new faction update fixed my problems, star-made running perfectly again. Thanks for your help.