Docks Green Square Blocking Production

Reaction score
    The ever so stylish green square is stopping me from making my docks feasible for the shape of my ships I have. With its towering symmetry which is all too helpful should at least let us build through it if not reshape (as done in a similar manner like the left control “LControl “). And further more I would like to be a TESTER.
    Von Dred
    Capt. of The Black Unicorn of Death

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,
    I\'m not sure I fully understand. Do you want the docking area to grow in a different way?

Reaction score
    Make it like How you change the yellow box draw size for the Advanced Build mode, but have restrictions on how big the Green Draw Box is allowed to change for the Docking Module with because of how many Docking Enhancers!!

Reaction score
    Or simply Convert the Green box to a mass limit, especially with the more mutable shapes are planned for the green box..., simply have a number displayed on the dock saying how much mass the dock and its enhancers can support

• An example- The Dock default mass allowed is 10 (a ship of up to 10 mass could dock) after that each enhancer adds 10 mass (these are arbitrary mass numbers and could be set to whatever in the code)

• So a ship with 100 mass would require a docking block with 9 enhancers

Reaction score
    Or keep tthe green box and just make something like in the weapons menu:
    you can Distribute the points from the enhancers in X Y and Z length

Reaction score
    The point of removing the green box was to remove the strictures it places on building near your dock, the simple mass limit allows you to build flush fitting docks (no spaces between dock ship and the landing area). A green box with changeable dimensions is already the current plan

Reaction score
    Totally agree with Calbiri!
    Mass limit is a brilliant idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think that the idea of mass limit is quite awful.
    if you think about the mechanics of the dock is all about the space that a certain ship can occupy.
    if you set a mass limit of... 100 and you want that the ships will enter in your ship.... what about a ship thats cannot enter?
    it will glitch or cause other problems, i\'ll explain that better:
    if you have a \"mothership\" with a docking area of 20x10x10 with a mass limit of X, what about a ship which is 20x10x10? lol
    i think that a editing mode for the docking area is the most suitable idea: using the block logic Schema can obtain a numer of docking space, then the users can set them in anyway the want with few conditions:
    the must stay attached (logically Schema needs only to verify if the \"blocks\" are all connected among them.
    and the first docking block must be over the docking module.

Reaction score
    There is already a collision check before docking is accepted on a dock block, so if your current ships mass is valid, but its shape would generate a collision, it simply won\'t allow you to dock.
    I\'m trying to understand your argument and suggestion. The arguement for your point seems, typo... but I get your point, and your suggestion of \"fully customizable green dock zones\" to paraphrase... if you mean I could make a green dock in a shape that could custom fit a none box shaped ship (like and L shaped dock zone) I\'m all for it, its only a matter of which method is easier to code, as both ideas are attempting to achieve the same goal. That is to say, we all just want dock spaces that don\'t require a box/rectangular shaped zone around the oddly shaped ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for posting this great article. My friend who goes to a welding school enjoyed reading this.