Docking

Reaction score
    Hello

whenever i try to dock it gives me this breaking animation as i would have it in astronaut mode but im not getting docked.
    the docking module is online there is a green box in building mode, when i try to dock im not getting any messages

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Hello there,
    please define a bit more precisely what exactly fails.

As the docking works for most, there has to be something special in your system setup or files.

Please create a predictable game state and try again.
    It should work then, if not,
    please take a screenshot (usually F5) while firing the dockingbeam at your desired dock, and upload it here.
    Also if possible:
    Zip your complete /logs directory from the predictable game state installation and attach it to.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    You may be need to check the orientation of your ship verses the orientation of the docking box. The orientation of the ship when it is docked is fixed, so it can look like the ship should fit, but it doesn't because you are expecting to dock with a different orientation.

Also, if your ship core is not in the center of your ship, the docking box may need to be larger, because the core is always centered over the docking module.

TL;DR: Probably you need more docking enhancers.

Reaction score
    This has been a reoccurring problem for me as well.

Ever since the Mail System build (v.159) or possibly a bit earlier, docking has been sketchy at best, and at times completely non-functional.
    Astronaut salvage beams and salvage beams themselves seem to suffer similar problems. They'll occasionally just stop working.

The curious thing however, is that it seems to occur frequently on some servers and almost never on others (it happens all the time on Ignite and never on Elwyn Eternity). I think it may be attributed to low server memory, which I don't know how to properly recreate in a single player environment.

Here's a link to a picture of what AndyP was asking for.
    http://i.imgur.com/WcKPqyw.png

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Any of these symptoms:

- plex doors working in single blocks
    - docking failing for no reason
    - damage not dealt, or sometimes removed blocks on client side, and when the server does not confirm this: re-appear
    - autosaving not happening
    - rollbacks on restart
    - some times AI ships seem to randomly warp around or sort of repeat their movement over and over again

Tell you the server crashed or got some locked threads.
    Please add logs from one startup until first detecting the error.
    There has to be some exception in it, that causes it.

The next time you find your server in that state, create a threaddump to preserve the worker threads in a file. (This may also help with finding the cause)
    Command:
    jstack <pid> > threaddump.txt

add this textfile here too.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Having the same issue...

I can't dock my turrets to my station at all. Not even a cube to a dock without enhancers :/

(server v 0.1595)
    ( [SERVER] FAILED ACTIVATING (101, 59, 8)[Turret Docking Unit]o[TOP][active][50hp]; reenqueueing )
    Issues that do seem to exist out of your list...
    - docking failing
    - some times AI ships seem to randomly warp around or sort of repeat their movement over and over again

I'll get you a threaddump.. soon..?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Having the same issue...

Issues that do seem to exist out of your list...
    - docking failing

I'll get you a threaddump.. soon..?
    This is
    Bug #582 - FAILED ACTIVATING - reenqueueing

My list is 'general symptoms for deadlocked server, also in this list:
    - does not accept connections anymore, although it is running and producing log entries

- Andy

Reaction score
    Is there any fix for it that I can do on my end? Or wait for the next release? What about the "starmade-build_20140719_221436" dev version?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Is there any fix for it that I can do on my end? Or wait for the next release? What about the "starmade-build_20140719_221436" dev version?
    The latest dev, has this spam removed.
    However, some docks seem still broken. (Throwing you off, without reason)

- Andy