docking opposites cause teleport glitch

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you dock ships, or turrets, symetrically, there will be glitchiness in the ship they are docked to, causing you to teleport around small distances at random, when moving around in it. It looks like the teleport initiates through clipping error (accidentally touching a ceiling / wall) when moving around.
    At first it was just my capital ship, which is a globe with 24 turrets docked in symmetrical positions all around it. I can barely get to it's core ( a straight, unobstructed path through the middle).

But now the same thing is happening to my new drone carrier, which is basically a long stick with fighters docked on two opposite sides.
    Code:
     F F F F F    F=fighter drone
    CCCCCCCCCCC   C=Carrier
     F F F F F
    This one does not glitch as badly as the capital ship, but sure enough, with some wriggling around in it and accidentally on purpose bumping ceilings, I will teleport in this ship as well.

It's not just me. I've had the server admin test it too (Caidicus), and it happens to him just as well.

It seems docked entities project a field of glitchiness going in the opposite direction of the turret's facing, and when this field meets a field projected by a turrret opposite to it, teleport glitchiness ensues.

This seems to have started a few updates ago, around the same time as the lag spike / 6000 ping issue was introduced.

EDIT: unfortunatly the diagram of the carrier isn't as clear as could be, when this forum would support
    Code:
     tags.
    HINT: go freeforums.org

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have also experienced this problem, however I am able to exacerbate the issue by turning turrets where they are clipping through parts of my ship. Straightening them back out gives an improvement, but the issue still exists.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    BUMP.

Unfortunatly, the latest update did not fix this.
    Still teleporting around my ship like a pinball when trying to walk through it

Reaction score
    I seem to have the same problem. Random teleportation likely caused by turrets, it makes reaching the core very annoying.

Bump

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I\'ve been noticing this bug as well, and I\'m glad I\'m not the only one who\'s been experiencing it. I wasn\'t able to put any definitive reason on it, except for when I would bump into a wall. I thought it might be caused by open plex doors, as it seemed to happen a lot when I would try to go through an opened plex door, or when I would turn around to close it. But, given that I have a lot of turrets, I can see how that would cause it, too.