Bug Docking Issue

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Since the last couple of updates, when I dock a ship, that ship teleports a sector away from the primary ship, and then becomes a non entity in the sector it is teleported to. I have to fly back to the main ship to get into the entity but it is invisible. Anyone else have this issue?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    everyone has ... you are at a sector border with your ship
    move to the sector center to do things like that

or if your ship is too big, you have to increase sector size

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    SmilingDemon is correct.

The best option is expand your sector and move your station to the center of it. Basically the only way currently to do that is look at the distance to each sector and go till they are all the same.

You could simply expand your sector to start with and see if it stretches space enough that it doesn't happen. any more. I'm not sure how the coordinates are stored for each object and in relation to what so can't tell you with out doing some testing if that would work. Personally I just moved my stuff and increased sector size.

Getting back in your ship. Hope you saved it. Probably the easiest thing to do is "destroy_entity" and respawn a new one as admin if you have admin priv.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    SmilingDemon is correct.

The best option is expand your sector and move your station to the center of it. Basically the only way currently to do that is look at the distance to each sector and go till they are all the same.

You could simply expand your sector to start with and see if it stretches space enough that it doesn't happen. any more. I'm not sure how the coordinates are stored for each object and in relation to what so can't tell you with out doing some testing if that would work. Personally I just moved my stuff and increased sector size.

Getting back in your ship. Hope you saved it. Probably the easiest thing to do is "destroy_entity" and respawn a new one as admin if you have admin priv.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Reactions: GRHayes