Do faction bonus to mining depend on target location or origin?

Reaction score
    After spending about a week on a server, and having seen probably over 100 asteroids, I finally found a "blue" one. Unfortunately, is is right outside my faction controlled territory, and I don't really want to claim one more system just for a single asteroid, as I don't really follow how those faction points come and go, and don't want to risk running out of them.

So my question is: if I pushed that asteroid into my territory, would I then get a mining bonus on it? Or should I rather acquire and then release that system after I'm done with that asteroid, if the price in FP is only proportional to time owned, and there isn't a large cost for the initial acquisition of a system.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You get the bonus for mining inside your territory, what you are mining doesn't really matter (well, other than say a station).

Push the asteroid into your space, and you'll be good. I've also seen people talk about building warp gates on junk asteroids and then pushing valuable ones through it to warp them back home to be consumed en masse for the bonus. As in have a permanent asteroid receiving gate at your station, and then just build quick temporary ones on asteroids to push through and then tear back down.