Display Block Wedges

Reaction score
    I cant see that anyone else has suggested it. But display block wedges would be awesome. I know you can dock a display to a separate core and rotate but that seems like its more hassle that it should be to get the effect no?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Table-top computers would be nice too.

And let their screen automatically rotate toward players (a holographic sprite within them).

Reaction score
    Table-top computers would be nice too.

And let their screen automatically rotate toward players (a holographic sprite within them).
    Or since they are adding different kind of blocks like the new lights, pipes etc. Make a holo display, you're sci-fi typical holo generator projector bar that projects the screen in the air.

So many things you would think would already be in. I mean when we're suggesting variations of blocks that are already in game lol.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think holo-displays are possible with plant-like sprites, but you cannot rotate them around the horizontal axis to make a table-top or wedge afaik.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think both slab and wedge have been suggested befor, if I recall correctly a major problem with implementing these is the display screen texture, because in certain rotations it wouldn't be on the side it's intended to be on.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    According to this thread, wedge displays are planned. However, what was planned back then might have fallen off the list.

In the same thread, I had an idea to turn the display block into a projector, that would "paint" or "project" a decal of the display onto a complimentary surface of the ship. With a projector, you could use different-colored blocks to get different-colored backgrounds for the display.