Display Block Primer

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not exactly a thing I would expect from a dev, but as somebody with absolutely zero experience in formatting/programming, anybody who could put together a nice little display block format guide would be forever in my heart.

Also, make them compatible with logic! Here's hoping that this is an already planned feature.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    maybe you find a video on youtube. I forgot where I saw the tutorial /example with display blocks.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Um, if I'm not mistaken there's a format guide built into the display block.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, but as I've said, I have zero experience with this type of thing, so it's really kind of just a random google search combined with trial and error if I need to figure something out.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Yes, but as I've said, I have zero experience with this type of thing, so it's really kind of just a random google search combined with trial and error if I need to figure something out.
    no like what you're asking for is already there. click the format button.

unless you have 0 experience with clicking buttons (did your mother post this for you???) there should be no google searching involved.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Listen here, you blithering little prisswad, perhaps I am seeking some information that is not in those 240 characters worth of instructions, perhaps somebody has figured out some neat formatting that isn't listed there, and perhaps you should refrain from talking down on people and instead consider contemplating other plausible reasoning for the actions of others' instead of making a smarmy, half-assed excuse for a joke.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    That's literally all the formatting available. Read the news post. Don't get your billies all in a jumble.

Edit: you asked for an explanation of display blocks. I gave you one. If you wanted otherwise you should've asked for such.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Listen here, you blithering little prisswad, perhaps I am seeking some information that is not in those 240 characters worth of instructions, perhaps somebody has figured out some neat formatting that isn't listed there, and perhaps you should refrain from talking down on people and instead consider contemplating other plausible reasoning for the actions of others' instead of making a smarmy, half-assed excuse for a joke.
    Listen here you jerk, he's trying to help you, and perhaps the information you're seeking doesn't exist at all. Perhaps you should refrain from talking down on people and instead consider actually trying to use the display block instead of wasting your time with snarky posts.

Reactions: Krazykat

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    jstenholt If you feel like a post is baiting you instead of taking the flame and trying to handle it yourself use the REPORT tool and let a moderator handle the possible trolling.
    Comr4de You can be helpful without being condescending. I seen you do it. I know just soft and squishy and warm you are inside and how much you WUV TO HWELP. :3 so play nice K?
    Planr Two (or more) snarky posts do not a useful thread make! It's having the opposite effect it seems. So lets gat back to display blocks.

What I know about Display blocks is through trial and error. They cool tho. And an advanced Display block guide would be useful to be sure but if it doesn't exist yet then you have the chance to make a guide yourself.
    Step one: Get a coupla people on board, cull the forum for all info on Display blacks, use some trial and error.
    Viola! Advanced Display Block Guide by (This guy) with special thanks to (These guys).
    Step two: PROFIT! (Prolly not but you helped the community and the staff always likes helpful peeps.)

Last edited by a moderator: