disappearing ships and environment

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since last patches few players on madrealms including me encountered annoying bug, everything is disappearing for few seconds then coming back i think randomly, i mean everything what is maded of any blocks asteroids bases ships i dont know about planets cause i was far away from them, thats all.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yeah that\'s probably still an ssue from soft borders since you are basically changing position to the other end of a sector. The current sector is moved to the center instead of you moving to an absolute position, since absolute variables aren\'t big enough to handle positions big enough.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm in single player works just fine, at least on my pc i just checked it now , and also it happened in MP even when i was standing still by the shop with my build. hoooha i didnt changed sector in SP ill do that now and see what will happen. >>> update: ok so i went from 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 and back i did it in core and in big ship, and everithing works fine in SP.

Reaction score
    I have encountered the same bug, disappearing everything. Occasionally it happens to just laser/rocket effects, most often with the scavenger beam (since it is used continuously).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actually Apmenard with lasers i noticed it since beginning when i got starmade, wasnt that hard with this , but this is even worse cause whole ship and surronding area is gone for few seconds and whole process repeats. But really i moved to SP yesterday to finish one ship in peace, and spend there most of the day, i havent seen disappearing objects at all in SP, could be coincidence too but im not convinced to that. Aaah i forgot to add that in the evening i logged in on madrealms again, problem still was there but this time not so often only one person was there with me, and before like 5 or 6. OK ANOTHER UPDATE it happened in SP too...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can confirm this problem. Somehow the objects vanish from the rendering context for a short while. strangely this happened to my hole base + ships but not the factory link...that looked pretty weird, lol!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I had disappearing lasers myself one time.
    possibly the update that packs all the relevant objects into a neat little set for clients has a bug. Or an optimization caused a synchronization issue with observers...
    If you can, try to find a reproducible way to cause this bug in sp (but it\'s probably a thread related issue so there might not be any reproducibility)
    I\'ll try to fix that issue asap

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We tried to reproduce it a few mins ago, but no luck. Tried constant border crossing - no dice. But it seems to happen when a new sector gets loaded (maybe). I got this bug while the other player was moving - i was just hanging around in my base.
    I would guess its somehow related to WorldGen/sector loading and sent packets. Basicly the whole world is not drawn for a very short time (2-5 secs). And strangely the links of the factory blocks are still rendered.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I kept on trying to fly to planets, but once I got near them, they dissapeared.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Repeatable Condition Found

I found this bug last night after a short hiatus (thanks to the death of my old laptop):

I then searched for the bug and found this forum thread.

That said I logged on today and it took me barely 5 minutes to expose a repeatable condition to trigger this, and it is simply to use the \"ctrl\" function in build mode.

I had used it last night to good effect for good 10 minutes or so before this bug croped up, but it doesnt appear to take anything more than a couple seconds if that to cause it to happen now.

I Have tried multiple gfx configurations and this is apparantly repeatable on my rig no matter the settings.

Thanks Schema and I hope you get this msg in a timely manner... if not, my apologies.

:P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can confirm and disagree with the repeatable conditions posted above.

Sometimes it happens for me in build mode when I use the ctrl function, but it has ALWAYS happened to me when i use the \"c\" key in build mode. For me all the blocks disappear entirely, and do not come back until I restart. Have only tested in MP and not SP.