DFW_Project_Century over 2000 meter long capital ship

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    nope just crazy also the new model of this ship is 3600+ meters long and 400+ meters tall and wide
    Oh, I thought you were getting double vision ;) . I wouldn't go above 2km if I were you. Concepts and ideas are nice and all but they take ages to actually build ingame. Anything above 2km also has a tendency to break the crap out of the game.

Reaction score
    Oh, I thought you were getting double vision ;) . I wouldn't go above 2km if I were you. Concepts and ideas are nice and all but they take ages to actually build ingame. Anything above 2km also has a tendency to break the crap out of the game.
    I know but that 3600+ meter long ship is going to be my final project and trust me its going to take atleast over 5 months to build the ship excluding the detail work and that will add another 10-12 months knowing me lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    can you show us what you have so far, or what you made already but decided to discontinue? i mean, giant ships are pretty rare in this game since they take a buttload of time to build. right now you are just making a post saying "im making a 2 km+ ship", then you don't want to show pictures saying something like nobody wants to see a really bland ship without any details. after that, you change the size of the ship youre aiming for to 1200 meter, and now its going to be 3600+ meter.
    i mean, saying youre gonna build a big ass ship is great and all, but can you show us some kind of progress to show us youre not just all talk?
    and if you havent even started yet, then why make a thread? whats the point?

Reaction score
    can you show us what you have so far, or what you made already but decided to discontinue? i mean, giant ships are pretty rare in this game since they take a buttload of time to build. right now you are just making a post saying "im making a 2 km+ ship", then you don't want to show pictures saying something like nobody wants to see a really bland ship without any details. after that, you change the size of the ship youre aiming for to 1200 meter, and now its going to be 3600+ meter.
    i mean, saying youre gonna build a big ass ship is great and all, but can you show us some kind of progress to show us youre not just all talk?
    and if you havent even started yet, then why make a thread? whats the point?
    sure I would give pics if my wifi wasn't broken also its mostly a frame and I finished most of the hull but I changed color schemes and the ships in my old color scheme so I im just going to start over when I can im going to just leave this post out for future uses but for now this project is discontinued I will give you a link to the new project once I get my new wifi modem and that's tomorrow and I will give pics this Wednesday on the new project so be patient this project is real and I love big ships so this project is not dead im just ignoring it until the 1200 meter project is done also this ships taking to long and the hull shape sucks its to basic so im going to build a smaller better looking ship and thanks for the support!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    please please please, use punctuation to separate your sentences.

nobody likes spending time deciphering your paragraphs and figuring out where punctuation would be (if you were to use any). Even if it's not exciting to see, progress photos are always desireable. if your wifi is down, you should have saved it so you could build on singleplayer. That way you can build offline and not have to worry about internet access to get progress.

Reactions: generalBLT13
    Reaction score
    please please please, use punctuation to separate your sentences.

nobody likes spending time deciphering your paragraphs and figuring out where punctuation would be (if you were to use any). Even if it's not exciting to see, progress photos are always desireable. if your wifi is down, you should have saved it so you could build on singleplayer. That way you can build offline and not have to worry about internet access to get progress.
    the main reason I didn't use punctuation is because using punctuation in a large sentence takes awhile so I just get to lazy to add in there. also my wifi is down so I cant post pics I can still work on it like you said I just cant post pics and that's what everybody is complaining about also this project like I stated is abandon but im currently working on a better project. im currently working on the hull BTW. and I will give a update when I get my wifi and it will have a new post. and I will get a link out has soon as I can and thanks for your support!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    do you have public libraries or free internet terminals around your area? if you do, you can just load your image files onto a flash drive and upload them at an internet cafe, a library, or any other place that has free internet access.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    the main reason I didn't use punctuation is because using punctuation in a large sentence takes awhile so I just get to lazy to add in there. also my wifi is down so I cant post pics I can still work on it like you said I just cant post pics and that's what everybody is complaining about also this project like I stated is abandon but im currently working on a better project. im currently working on the hull BTW. and I will give a update when I get my wifi and it will have a new post. and I will get a link out has soon as I can and thanks for your support!
    If you are lazy to use punctuation, then how come you still have the hopes to build this ship?
    And even my 460x50x400 ship lags like hell btw.

Reaction score
    If you are lazy to use punctuation, then how come you still have the hopes to build this ship?
    And even my 460x50x400 ship lags like hell btw.
    because I get spammed with messages and a ship that big I can get 60+ FPS fine and I im building this ship right now not the 2000+ but the 1600+ meter long one I had to change the model a bit because I ran into some complications but building ships and commenting are completely different also I spend 1-2 hours a day when building ships 1-6 hours when I just start construction and thanks for your support I will finish the 1600+ meter long ship as soon as possible! and I will give you a update when I have pics BTW

Reaction score
    do you have public libraries or free internet terminals around your area? if you do, you can just load your image files onto a flash drive and upload them at an internet cafe, a library, or any other place that has free internet access.
    I use a desktop a laptop is to weak for building large starmade ships and I have a flashdrive but its incompatible with windows 8.1 and that's what my gaming PC uses so it wont work and buying a new flashdrive is a waste of money its $20 for a 8 gig flashdrive and its $100 for a one TB hard drive so im not buying another flashdrive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    -narrows eyes at the doubleposter-

flash drives not being compatible with 8.1 is a BS excuse. nobody said that you had to use a laptop. laptops unable to build large ships is BS. i have an old laptop and i can still build my 1.5km ship at a playable framerate. my laptop cost less than 500 usd, so if you have a modern gaming laptop, you can easily handle a large ship. libraries have public access desktop computers. you don't have to own a laptop or even your own computer. 8gb usb flash memory is 6-9 USD. 4gb is more than enough for this task, and costs 5-6. 16 gb costs 10-20 USD. 20 USD for an 8 gb is BS. nobody told you to buy a 1 TB. Where the hell did that though even pop out of?

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score

flash drives not being compatible with 8.1 is a BS excuse. nobody said that you had to use a laptop. laptops unable to build large ships is BS. i have an old laptop and i can still build my 1.5km ship at a playable framerate. my laptop cost less than 500 usd, so if you have a modern gaming laptop, you can easily handle a large ship. libraries have public access desktop computers. you don't have to own a laptop or even your own computer. 8gb usb flash memory is 6-9 USD. 4gb is more than enough for this task, and costs 5-6. 16 gb costs 10-20 USD. 20 USD for an 8 gb is BS. nobody told you to buy a 1 TB. Where the hell did that though even pop out of?
    I don't have a modern gaming laptop its a 6 year old HP laptop its a pavilion DV6 or 6 they don't even make it anymore that's how old it is. also theres currently a problem with AMD proccesers in the current build I have a AMD eight core 4.4 GHZ procceser with 12 gigs of ram dedicated to starmade and I have extreme performance issues. its not the graphics card I have a nividia GeForce 760 4gb graphics card and play on a 4k 27 inch gaming monitor with a 3.4 millisecond tick delay the average monitor has a 3.8 millisecond tick delay. and I have a 2 TB hard drive. also I threw out my flash drive its useless also now that I think about it I think its broken because the thing that plugs in to your USB port wiggles and I don't think that's normal.

Reaction score

when I bought my flash drive it was at target and was $20 judging by what you say I probably got ripped of by target. and I cant find it I think I through it out and keep up the great work I love your ships! and please stop bugging me about this the projects real and im trying my hardest to get everything nice and ready and im not going to spend another $7-$9 on another flash drive when my new wifi will arrive soon and it was delayed to another day so it will arrive the day after today. im currently working on it so when I get my wifi modem I will give pics so please stop bugging me thanks! and yes I know things haven't been going well for me so yeah.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i'm just picking at all the random thing you threw into your posts. nobody asked at all what problems your laptop has with starmade. nobody asked for you monitor specs. nobody asked for your exact gpu, or your screen res. my laptop is 5 years old. processor is spelled "processor". nobody asked you for your hard drive size.
    goodbye.

Edit: there also exists and edit button. i just used it. i suggest you use it as well.

Reaction score
    i'm just picking at all the random thing you threw into your posts. nobody asked at all what problems your laptop has with starmade. nobody asked for you monitor specs. nobody asked for your exact gpu, or your screen res. my laptop is 5 years old. processor is spelled "processor". nobody asked you for your hard drive size.
    goodbye.

Edit: there also exists and edit button. i just used it. i suggest you use it as well.
    grammar Nazi lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    you've got pretty underdeveloped grammar. punctuation is part of grammar. spelling, i agree on you there.
    -salute-

Reaction score
    It hurts my brain to read paragraphs with no punctuation besides the occasional full stop that manages to wriggle into the middle of a sentence. Wanting to see proper grammar and spelling is not a Nazi thing to do either, especially when it is as bad as yours (no offense). Like JimmyJamba said, if you want people to take you seriously, you need to use proper grammar and spelling (Pretty please). The way I see it, the internet is a way to be someone entirely different; for all you know I could be a 5 year old girl or a 50 year old pedophile (I'm not actually, but you don't know that). As long as I talk proper (that was intentional), people will treat me with respect.

End of rant.

Reaction score
    It hurts my brain to read paragraphs with no punctuation besides the occasional full stop that manages to wriggle into the middle of a sentence. Wanting to see proper grammar and spelling is not a Nazi thing to do either, especially when it is as bad as yours (no offense). Like JimmyJamba said, if you want people to take you seriously, you need to use proper grammar and spelling (Pretty please). The way I see it, the internet is a way to be someone entirely different; for all you know I could be a 5 year old girl or a 50 year old pedophile (I'm not actually, but you don't know that). As long as I talk proper (that was intentional), people will treat me with respect.

End of rant.
    I used punctuation read my comment before commenting thanks.