Development Build?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm afraid that I won't be near a computer or internet for a couple of days. Thank goodness I have a phone to browse the forums. But what is going on in the development builds? I have heard rumors of the hp system in the works. Is this true? How does it calculate the hp? What happens when you lose health? What percentage of health do you die at? Are there debuffs as you lose health? Etc, etc, etc?

Reaction score
    There are 2 things in the current dev
    1.)HP system
    2.)Multi Hotbar

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There are 2 things in the current dev
    1.)HP system
    2.)Multi Hotbar
    Thank you for the quick response. Multi hotbar? Sounds interesting. Do you know any of the specifics?

Reaction score
    Thank you for the quick response. Multi hotbar? Sounds interesting. Do you know any of the specifics?
    HP is still too buggy to use, and i am not 100% sure about the rules,
    so i can't tell you more on that, i do not want to give you fake info.

But Multi hotbar is great. There are currently 10 hotbar row
    You can use ctrl+scroll to select the hotbar that you want to use.
    This is only in ship mode, so build mode currently don't have multi hotbar.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    HP is still too buggy to use, and i am not 100% sure about the rules,
    so i can't tell you more on that, i do not want to give you fake info.

But Multi hotbar is great. There are currently 10 hotbar row
    You can use ctrl+scroll to select the hotbar that you want to use.
    This is only in ship mode, so build mode currently don't have multi hotbar.
    Thats unfortuante about the hp system so far, but the multibar sounds useful. Especially for the hotbar logic now. I'm already getting hyped. Didnt Bench say something about the fauna? I wonder if its in the works too?

Reaction score
    Thats unfortuante about the hp system so far, but the multibar sounds useful. Especially for the hotbar logic now. I'm already getting hyped. Didnt Bench say something about the fauna? I wonder if its in the works too?
    space whale is on the way
    saber is working hard on the 3d models
    But there are still a lot of things to do for fauna system
    because schine are trying to make a random fauna system
    so new kinds of fauna will be "generated" with different body parts

I hope this will answer your question, i will say, fauna is coming soon™
    but probably won't be in the next few updates

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    space whale is on the way
    saber is working hard on the 3d models
    But there are still a lot of things to do for fauna system
    because schine are trying to make a random fauna system
    so new kinds of fauna will be "generated" with different body parts

I hope this will answer your question, i will say, fauna is coming soon™
    but probably won't be in the next few updates
    Alright. Thank you for the information and your time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Alright. Thank you for the information and your time.
    There are 2 additional curved bars at left side of screen: armor hp and general hp. Armor hp represents hulls while general hp - hulls and systems together. Also if you want to edit damaged ship you need to restart it's systems (and wait some time depending on mass of your ship, for startup ship I waited 7,5 secs).

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    To add onto what Byanarro said;
    The HP bar is the sum of all block's hp atm I believe, and as blocks as destroyed it goes down. At different HP thresholds, you recieve different debuffs to power regeneration and thrust (for example).

When HP hits the minimum threshold (I think it's 10% right now), you are kicked from the core and it starts to overheat. Killing the ship does not kill the player. There is a mechanic to restart systems though; Pressing Y makes the ship enter a reboot, which will reset the health based on the remaining systems and remove the HP related debuffs and overheating, but takes time depending on the % of HP missing and the mass of the ship (Nauv had a reboot of 26 hours on the HODT, so the numbers are far from final yet).

Armour seems to work like a pseudo second shield of sorts. From what I can tell, it's points are the sum of all block's HP*ArmourRating, and it absorbs 50% of all hull damage until it runs out of points. That's 50% is before it takes into account the armour values of the blocks it's hitting though, so the armour points you lose will be more than the block HP if it hits a hull block. As of the current Dev, there is no way to restore armour points though, as rebooting only affects HP.

But yeah, the HP system is going to make things a bit more interesting in combat.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To add onto what Byanarro said;
    The HP bar is the sum of all block's hp atm I believe, and as blocks as destroyed it goes down. At different HP thresholds, you recieve different debuffs to power regeneration and thrust (for example).

When HP hits the minimum threshold (I think it's 10% right now), you are kicked from the core and it starts to overheat. Killing the ship does not kill the player. There is a mechanic to restart systems though; Pressing Y makes the ship enter a reboot, which will reset the health based on the remaining systems and remove the HP related debuffs and overheating, but takes time depending on the % of HP missing and the mass of the ship (Nauv had a reboot of 26 hours on the HODT, so the numbers are far from final yet).

Armour seems to work like a pseudo second shield of sorts. From what I can tell, it's points are the sum of all block's HP*ArmourRating, and it absorbs 50% of all hull damage until it runs out of points. That's 50% is before it takes into account the armour values of the blocks it's hitting though, so the armour points you lose will be more than the block HP if it hits a hull block. As of the current Dev, there is no way to restore armour points though, as rebooting only affects HP.

But yeah, the HP system is going to make things a bit more interesting in combat.
    Wow. Sounds cool. I will have to mess with it whenever I can. Thank y'all for giving all the info. Maybe this should turn into a hp system information thread?

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Awesome. Now we can connect escape pods to the core room and GTFO with red alert blinking all over!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Sorry, I made a mistake;

There is a way to repair armour, at a shop. Derp.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What about repair beams? If the armor value is the sum of all hull's HP, repairing it will fix it, am I wrong?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    What about repair beams? If the armor value is the sum of all hull's HP, repairing it will fix it, am I wrong?
    No, because HP only goes down when the block is destroyed, and astro tech can not repair that. The system is still not finished though, so they might add in some more features for fixing up ships.

The problem with astro tech is it would allow repairing mid-battle, so that's gotta be considered.

Reaction score
    I like the idea of 'regenerative' systems that repair mid-battle, as an alternative to shields.
    "Organic" style ships might be unrealistic, but they are certainly prevalent in sci fi...

Although it might be more appropos as 'self repairing blocks' rather than just allowing repair beams to be used.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I like the idea of 'regenerative' systems that repair mid-battle, as an alternative to shields.
    "Organic" style ships might be unrealistic, but they are certainly prevalent in sci fi...

Although it might be more appropos as 'self repairing blocks' rather than just allowing repair beams to be used.
    Eh, I'm more against it. We already have shields, and the lack of regeneration is what really separates armour from shields, since it is physical damage. The only other game that I have seen with both shields and armour also had non-regening armour, so I'm opted to wonder how common regenerating armour is.

Reaction score
    I am thinking scifi fiction, not scifi games.
    self-repairing ships are common in fiction, anime, tv shows etc... the mechanic is considerably more difficult in games though, which may be why it's more rare.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Eh, I'm more against it. We already have shields, and the lack of regeneration is what really separates armour from shields, since it is physical damage. The only other game that I have seen with both shields and armour also had non-regening armour, so I'm opted to wonder how common regenerating armour is.
    Maybe have astrotech beams only work outside of combat? As in when someone is hit by a damaging projectile they can't be healed for 100 seconds. It would refresh the timer on each damaging hit. So if you fleed successfully or survived then you could sit back and slowly get repaired by your fleet's medic ship.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I don't know. I want astro-tech to be useful somehow, but will need fundamental changing to be used for armour/HP I think. I could be wrong, just have to wait and see how the system progresses.