Devblog 13th September 2017 (Power Stream!)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Those are definitely repulsors, not "hovers".
    It makes one wonder if those would be a good defense against warhead block torpedoes...
    Which, the ingame ones or Eric's suggestion? Because the ingame ones don't repel anything but their own entity, and there's a quantity limit for performance/sanity reasons.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing, both in terms of 2.0 changes and how they're being presented to the community (though i know its hard to communicate mechanics constantly subject to change!)

This feels like it should give starmade much greater 'breadth' of play & design options, exciting stuff for any future modding of the game too, chambers seem like a really good mechanic for that. More coverage like this, when possible, please :D

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I have a question about docking, specifically docking thrusters to a ship. I've a ship that can extend/shrink depending on your needs, and so it exists in three parts. So the engines are a separate bit that are docked to the part of the ship that has power.

Is this relationship going to be affected by the power update? Obviously I will update the part of the ship that has power, but will the engines be able to draw power from that part of the ship as it works right now? Will a ship designed like that be able to use the jump drive ability shown in the highlight video?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey, I was just wondering, could we see the ability to have a different priority tree tied to different chamber setups? For instance, consider you want to have a button that turns off your mobility chambers in favour of shield chambers, and changed the priority of engines to be much lower, and increasing shield power priority? It would be pretty neat if we could get this functionality.

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So excited, can't wait.

This game just gets better and better.