Dev Build Watch

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just waiting for the stuff in the video to hit the dev server so we can watch the world burn. > : )

Anyone else got plans to give the poor thing a run for its money when the update hits it?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This is what your fifth version of this thread?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Those threads disappear when the dev cycle is over and they are no longer relevant. I see no issue with creating a new thread each dev cycle for this, as it will keep all visible posts relevant to the current cycle and not confuse newcomers.

Reaction score
    dev build out, with an early implementation of npc factions
    haven't played with it much but

i would recommend using a new universe if you want to mess around with it

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    schema has been firing off dev build after dev build all units attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
    Make sure to break the game test the game and report all bugs you find no matter how trivial. :)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I had a wee play with the dev build and visited the Scav home base. After looking around a bit, I shot the base with my pistol to declare war and ships started spawning around as expected. The weird thing is, they shot their own base to pieces. It seems their home base has no home base protection. Since I was only an astronaught, I didn't do much. Just wandered around in god mode and watched them shredd their own base around me.

Anybody else seen this with the other NPC factions?

Oh yeah, a harvester spawned in the group of ships and started mining a near by asteroid. So random! :whistle:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol the main bases in each of the systems of a NPC Faction need to be shielded until you cause enough damage to the other things in the system, as for the HB it needs to be shielded until a certain % of the owned outposts are down.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hmm? I'm not sure if it's because my computer is low powered, but the single player collisions and fleet controls are a bit off.
    • When ordering formation, the ships collide a lot. And if it's the lead ship they collide with, then all hell breaks loose.
    • Sometimes 1 or 2 of the ships in formation do this weird jiggly dance when attempting to align. Almost looks like collision based, but they're spaced well enough apart.
    • The Harvesters don't always work. When they don't they either sit their still or jiggly, or they just fly off outta there!
    Oh yeah, on another note.
    I have a fleet with two new frigates I built. I sent the fleet from 2 2 2 to 2 2 0 and then back to 2 2 2 to watch them coming in. When they arrived back in 2 2 2, all of the docked entities were gone. Not 1 or two, all!
    I closed Starmade and started back up and the entities are still gone.

Anybody else experienced this behaviour?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol noticed that bug might want to report it since I got it as well, it's like all the docked entities got undocked by something.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Undocked by Scavs in retaliation for attacking their homebase. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    on the dev build i notice that, when saving a blueprint, there is a 'role option'. any ideas what effect, if any, this has? or is it just a new way to organize the blueprints?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    For a human player it's just organization at the moment but it comes into play for the AI factions more than us currently so the AI has at least some clue what to use it for.

Reaction score
    Has anyone seen NPC's ally with each other/your faction/declare war?

I've seen scavengers and trade guild go at it once and im pretty sure it was just because of a friendly fire incident. Never seen any offers to ally or alliances between NPC factions. They only seem to reactively declare war vs players

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I've seen peace offers but outside friendly fire cases I haven't seen any wars between the NPC Factions come up. Same thing with alliances. Now Declaring war only seems to happen on the player when they get the bright idea to fire on them.