Bug [Dev Build] Gravity + Planets =... fail?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    For some reason, attempting to use gravity modules to change gravity (for gravity elevators, for instance) on a planet just causes you to disorient from the planet back to universal-down for a moment, then reorient back to planet gravity, rather than changing your gravity direction.
    (PlexLifters on planets also have issues - The platforms go Universal-Up rather than relative up.)

(Side suggestion: This forum should have a prefix/tag for dev build bug reports.)

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    There /is/ a forum for dev build bug reports. It's called the tester forums :rolleyes:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    And this is not accessible by 'non-testers'
    so Ithirahad feel free to add your reports for dev-builds here. (As they would confuse people not using the dev-builds)

You have to signup before being able to 'create' a ticket.

- Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    And this is not accessible by 'non-testers'
    so Ithirahad feel free to add your reports for dev-builds here. (As they would confuse people not using the dev-builds)

You have to signup before being able to 'create' a ticket.

- Andy
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think I kind of like the idea that a gravity unit on a planet shouldn't have any effect...

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I think I kind of like the idea that a gravity unit on a planet shouldn't have any effect...
    Correct, in this context I'm not sure it may be 'on purpose' to disable gravity blocks on planets, but for this it needs to be documented and send in 'to fix' that. =)

- Andy

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Not if it ruins gravity elevators and the like. I'd rather be able to travel up a skyscraper at a decent speed, thank you very much.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why not get creative? On the old site I saw a space elevator someone had built, which was in essence a ship on rails. Or ask for an improvement or better alternative to the plex lifter?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why not get creative? On the old site I saw a space elevator someone had built, which was in essence a ship on rails. Or ask for an improvement or better alternative to the plex lifter?
    Because gravity elevators and plexlifters are part of the game, and they're supposed to work. Also, there's no good alternative... You can't automate ship flight, so ship-elevators are kind of meh.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Gravity elevators actually aren't "Part of the game", Directional Gravity is :p
    Gravity elevators are a player created thing really, so the game doesn't exactly have to support it o -o

And Ship elevators can sorta be automated via Plex door landings and connect them to Logic blocks (Reset the elevator by making it fall). You can't automate goin up though, but Falling is still viable :p

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    @Ghent96 Please check the date of the last post before responding. Posts over a month old usually indicate the thread is dead and bumping old topics doesn't help much. Next time post on a newer related thread and link to older related thread if you need to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.