Dev Blog : October 20th 2015

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Wow, love the look and functions of new launcher. Great design! I think racing is going to be great for the community.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So transporters will have a module players stand on, and a computer they're linked to that when used lets you aim the transporter. When the transporter is aimed at the location of another transporter it'll start to lock-on similar to lock-on missiles. Once locked on you can trigger the transport and the players on the modules will be beamed to any available modules on the other transporter. When beamed though, your shields will drop to allow them to be transported through, and they will need to recharge. That's the price to pay to make sure all your limbs make it in one piece.
    Not sure I like the idea of dropping shields. Especially since it's unfair- MY shields need to drop, but (presumably) not the enemies?

Race gates are great, hopefully we see a revival of skidracers.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ug! Really? Your not going to talk about the changes to planet generation?

I am on pins and needles about what it means...

The default size planets with the new generation system are butt-ugly, but on larger ones, 300r +, it's freaking spectacular.

What does this mean!?

Is there some sort of major change coming to planets aside from fauna?!

Are they just going to be ugly to be functional?!

Ahh!?
    Last I heard, what to do with planets is still being considered: Do we try and optimize what we have now so it works better, or do we try completely remaking planets again? And if we do the second, how? And if we do the first, how far can optimization go?

My guess would be that they aren't talking about the changes to planet generation because new ideas for planet generation aren't set in stone. I'm curious about this one too, though.

Reaction score
    Not sure I like the idea of dropping shields. Especially since it's unfair- MY shields need to drop, but (presumably) not the enemies?
    If this works how they make it sound where you can completely bypass another ships shields and armor and send people directly inside just by locking onto another transport thingy, it sounds like a fair tradeoff IMO.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Race gates are great, hopefully we see a revival of skidracers.
    IIRC, if it works in accord with the original suggestion the target ship's shields would have to have dropped to a certain percentage for you to beam over if it is not an allied ship.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445370054,1445369731][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have an idea -

Race gates that spin on rails for an extra challenge.
    That'd be cool. ATM race gates are station only, and from the plans they have to be linked to a computer like warpgates, limiting you to having them on the same entity as the computer. You COULD, however, have a rotating window around or inside the race gate, presenting a similar challenge to anyone wanting to get through.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Damn it, Starhaiden, for once I was going to consider using something like that rather than reporting it to have it fixed. Too late now. :P

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    are getting warheads a buff? sincethe armor/hp system they are pathetic.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Beam me up, Scotty. I'm on board for this update!

Reaction score
    Race gates on planets? Could this imply the addition of repulsors in the future? All I can think of now is Starmade podracing!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Race gates on planets? Could this imply the addition of repulsors in the future? All I can think of now is Starmade podracing!
    It's called "skidracing" and it's already been played for years. It involves dragging a tiny ship along the ground rather than floating, though.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Refits for Player-created Stations
    With rails update out some player-created stations became a bit outdated. We're now opening it up to all the creators of stations in the current version of the game that if you want to do updates to your station please let Criss know otherwise we'll end up doing it ourselves. But if everyone was able to do their own it'd save us a lot of time.
    I will refit all of the default stations for you if you give me the ability to remove the "Prate station" from the the universe generation.