Destroyable missiles

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like that idea, but it won't as epic looking.
    I prefer the idea of any weapon being able to destroy a missile, it should just be hard due to them moving fast and having small hit-boxes. This would make Pulses the most effective against missiles, but other weapons would at least stand a chance.

Reaction score
    Then again it would be useless against any sort of multiple firing mechanism like a missile Gatling gun.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Once again, if interceptors become very effective at all, missiles will need to be buffed a good bit for balancing or they will become depreciated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There should actually be a torpedo weapon that does more damage, but is slower than, a missile. Would make things just that bit more interesting.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There should actually be a torpedo weapon that does more damage, but is slower than, a missile. Would make things just that bit more interesting.
    It's called a pulse-slaved missile with punchthrough effect. It's already in game, and it's a serious bad boy. If interceptors are implemented, we might still need to buff it a bit, though.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Perhaps adding a new EMP pulse combo that can only disable missiles could work. But having something being offensive AND defensive at the same time? That would just be extremely OP

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Every form of offense is indirectly a form of defense, but I get what you mean. It's kind of like a shield that can shoot things too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Surely Pulse weapons are to short-ranged to be used in an offensive role? Or a I missing a trick here?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Then again it would be useless against any sort of multiple firing mechanism like a missile Gatling gun.
    The shortest Missile reload time you can get by linking Canons is 3 seconds. I've not experimented with it, but I'm pretty sure you can spec a Pulse Emitter to reload at the same rate. If not, you could probably chain-fire a group of them using logic blocks.

In fact, using logic to create a perpetually firing shell of Pulses around your ship sounds like a pretty good idea...

Reaction score
    ,but I'm pretty sure you can spec a Pulse Emitter to reload at the same rate. If not, you could probably chain-fire a group of them using logic blocks.

In fact, using logic to create a perpetually firing shell of Pulses around your ship sounds like a pretty good idea...
    That's exactly what I meant

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's called a pulse-slaved missile with punchthrough effect. It's already in game, and it's a serious bad boy. If interceptors are implemented, we might still need to buff it a bit, though.
    I meant a way bigger weapon, with a huge explosion range, but extremely slow so it isn't effective against alert fighters, and it would also show up on the hud. It would have a lot of hitpoints, and because of that, another torpedo would be required to take it down. (Second click torpedo computer would be detonate, so you wouldn't have to be that accurate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    so it will be a planet destroyer and it will be able to destroy everything in it's path because missiles pass shields

Reaction score
    I wonder if there should be a high-damage effect computer that makes weapons slow and short-ranged, ineffective against ships of a similar scale(hitting an equal target being very difficult due to more than just ROF, and not just a lucky instakill), and does more DPS. But it could be a balance nightmare, since weapons are designed around being linear right now. Beams would likely be a problem, since you could get very close in a dogfight and shred an enemy with an annhilation beam. Accuracy might be an important balancing factor, though it could still be like an overpowered ramming weapon up real close.

Bombers, by the way, probably shouldn't solo anything, as corvettes will still be too fast and small a target. You need to use these on targets much bigger and slower than you, and they don't make the DPS skyrocket. You'll need a large squadron to stop a titan.

Reaction score
    Personally I like the idea of missiles being target-able. But in my opinion to balance it out they need to be faster.
    Current CIWS systems are last resort defense against missiles and small aircraft. When in use CIWS improves the survivability of the protected against missiles but it is not infallible, the most simple tactic to defeating the system is to overwhelm it.
    This would make heat-seeking swarm missiles the best method to defeating CIWS systems, it would also make long range heavy bombardment ships loose effectiveness, unless they are in packs.

Master=Missile. Slave=Damage pulse. Power consumption High, velocity slow, damage Very high, Explosive range high. Can one shot many fighters. A fun mid range weapon.

Last edited:

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I meant a way bigger weapon, with a huge explosion range, but extremely slow so it isn't effective against alert fighters, and it would also show up on the hud. It would have a lot of hitpoints, and because of that, another torpedo would be required to take it down. (Second click torpedo computer would be detonate, so you wouldn't have to be that accurate.
    That's called a Titan-class ship with pulse-slaved punch-through missiles. BIG. BOOM. MUCH. DESTRUCTION. WOW. Although it would be nice if we could tell the difference between a fighter's heat-seeking anti-fighter missile and a Titan's mega missile. Then when the titan fires the mega missile all the fighter pilots could head for the hills to avoid being caught in the blast.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm certain the very particle system will have different effect for each weapon/slave combo. i.e. normal missile is normal, rapid missile is cone shaped in the direction of travel, swarm has two trails, seeker has a short second trail, nuke has a spinning star effect (like photon torpedos)