Designing Interior Quarters

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    SO. I am starting to design my first station. I have decided to use a modular design, where faction members have their own "Rooms" which is actually a stationary, docked ship. Each room will have a good sized personal storage, Access to some basic factories on the station for quick use (built into the station wall). I also plan to have enough space for a small miner to dock to each room.

I however realized something. Ive never done any kind of decorative interior before. I wanted something that would be nice to start people off with. Doesn't have to be amazing as I will allow faction members to have build permissions on their rooms. But I want to have something "Default" that still looks good if the player doesn't feel like messing with their crew quarters.

Now that I have explained all that... Any tips / suggestions on designing an interior area? I think I can do tables and chairs alright, but what other kinds of things have you guys come up with for this sort of room? Any advice is welcome.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Upside down Thrusters make good "Stove Tops"
    the white medical cabinets make good cabinets
    force field slabs currently give off white light
    plants are always nice.
    1/4 slabs situated to where they seem to be floating in the air make good table tops and beds.

Good Luck :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    TY. Didn't even think of using slab force fields... in fact I didn't know they existed LOL. Good one for the Thruster too.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Slab force fields giving off white light is a bug though, and I'm pretty sure kupu knows about it.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Plants can help. Try to add small details like personal computers and windows if you can.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I use these neat little pods as a nice, small and rpg-ish solution to spawn points.
    I think they look great in every kind of station.

Reactions: Edymnion
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    nice idea with the pods. Think I will incorporate that idea into each members room.