Designated Power

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually you explained that you were against removing firing arcs because that would harm the use of "truly massive" internally docked fixed turrets. From that I infer that you aren't against the use of "truly massive" internally docked turrets.
    No, I said I was against that because it ruined fixed turrets. They asked why people would use fixed turrets. I listed reasons why people would use them. When I use them, I keep them fairly small for exactly that reason.

Just because you assume I use them all doesn't mean I do. You know what they say about making assumptions.

Reaction score
    No, I said I was against that because it ruined fixed turrets. They asked why people would use fixed turrets. I listed reasons why people would use them. When I use them, I keep them fairly small for exactly that reason.

Just because you assume I use them all doesn't mean I do. You know what they say about making assumptions.
    I have no idea whether you use them or not, and haven't commented on that.

You support them though (that's on record for anyone to read, through the link in my previous post). Support for "truly massive turrets" inside the hull, while getting upset about other docked entity types is inconsistent.

I'm not going to continue to argue about what you did or didn't say, when it's already recorded.

Reaction score
    "Docked reactor" is a term with a specific meaning. We all know when we see it that it means a long brick that fires a logic power supply beam. We're not talking about those now.
    You don't call turrets "docked turrets" just because they're docked.

It's isn't colliding with the turrets, and the turrets don't increase the reactor bounding box, they have their own, so not much difference here.

Self powered turrets are often plugs extending inside the ship.

I didn't say it was a precedent - I said power behaving the way it does between docked entities are unlikely to disappear. (Which means multiple reactors are unlikely to disappear)

The bounding box of the ship is also checked. So you can't make a blanket statement that's accurate for all reactors. The undocked door in your titan may have to do far more checking than the reactor in my frigate.

Don't blame reactors only - all docked entities in ships cause lag when undocked.

I'm not making any excuses, there's no need for one.
    Multiple reactors are perfectly valid, using default, intended behaviour.

No truly massive docked fixed turrets that are mostly inside the hull?

A strange thing to say. Are "pros" not "cheating" if they use multiple reactors? Why is anyone else "cheating then? When does someone stop being a cheat and start being a pro?

The effect on a server is the same no matter who the person responsible is, so not sure why you want to apply rules for some people but not others.
    It's because it's a lot easier for a rod in a hole or an outer half moon of a cylinder to come free than a shell that encompasses a whole ship.

He's talking about the shell problem, because that cannot get out without glitching around and through the ship. It's why you can snipe of turrets fine, but if you shoot off a docked reactor or an interior door, it half breaks the game.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    It's because it's a lot easier for a rod in a hole or an outer half moon of a cylinder to come free than a shell that encompasses a whole ship.

He's talking about the shell problem, because that cannot get out without glitching around and through the ship. It's why you can snipe of turrets fine, but if you shoot off a docked reactor or an interior door, it half breaks the game.
    irony about docked entities, if you build your docked hull segments to be "already clipping" with the other entity. EG closed-after-dock blast/plexdoor arrangement "digging into" the other entity as an example. so unfair with double-density HP in an area and bypassing de-dock lag.