deleted ships every update

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hello everyone,
    every update my ships keep disappearing, i still have my invantory and my credits (i think last update my credits restarted though) is that just a bug or if you use it free it deletes it? i usually buy games in mid beta, just so i know people arent going to ditch the game (you probably wont but incase you run out of money or somthing i usually buy it then) and theres no real crash so theres prob not going to be a crash report. just let me know if you have a soulution or if its just the free version.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    The free version is the full version of the game at the moment, so its not that. If this is singleplayer, I have absolutely no clue what could be causing it, But a couple of things you can do to help:

Make backups before updating
    Save the ship locally so you can buy it after update

Now, if its multiplayer, it is entirely possible that someone is stealing the ships.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Ships disapearing in single player is a bug. In multiplayer the universe data is not located on your computer.
    There was a buggy release for about 3 hours until I managed to fix it wich failed to load ships and was then overwriting them with blank data.
    The game has an automatic backup system every update. The backups are in zip form in your StarMade directory. You can replace your current server-database folder with one from a backup (from a version before 0.08999) and your ships should be back.

Sorry for the bug,
    cheers,
    - schema