Defensive Effect of Explosive Effect Does Not Work

Reaction score
    I've been running some tests with the effects modules in single player, and I've discovered that the "Defensive: Protects against unnatural gravity effects like push/pull/stop." of the explosive effect system does not work properly.

First, I built a test ship that used a beam+cannon+stop effect weapon (all at 100% efficiency) which effectively and instantly stopped ships of any size and held them in place

I then built another ship with the explosive defensive effect (which is supposed to counteract the effects of the stop effect). However, even with the explosive effect at 100% efficiency, the stop weapon managed to stop and hold my ship in place.

Is this a bug, or is explosive effect not supposed to completely negate the stop effect?

*Edit*
    It seems that the explosive effect also gives a speed boost in the same way that overdrive does. Perhaps the wrong file was called when the explosive effect was implemented.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The defensive effect for stop is called:
    Code:
    <DefensiveEffectType>STATUS_GRAVITY_EFFECT_IGNORANCE</DefensiveEffectType>
    It implies this should at least prevent push and pull effects.
    But so far the stop effect as addition to a Damagebeam, supported by AMC is not able to even hold a core at its place.

The tertiaries aren't fully configured and set up yet.
    As far as I know, some of the effects are 'work-in-progress'.

- Andy