Default Trade Station Poll

Please vote below for the 5 station entries you would like to see become the default trade stations.

• "Dominion Shop" by - bigdude601

Votes: 11 1.9%
    • "Trading Post" by - Wrathserker

Votes: 121 21.3%
    • "SpaceMart" by - RoyalWolfe

Votes: 20 3.5%
    • "Fuel Depot" by - Neon_42

Votes: 21 3.7%
    • 'Alpha Trade Station' by - psteiner

Votes: 41 7.2%
    • "Space Station 6" by - KhevaKins

• "Trade Station" by - SmilingDemon

Votes: 138 24.3%
    • "Ambassador Trading Hub" by - GaeasSon

Votes: 133 23.4%
    • "Repair Station" by - Ki11aWi11

Votes: 74 13.0%
    • "Planet Simulator" by - chadgerman2

Votes: 1 0.2%
    • "Rest and Relaxation Station" by - stoffhimel

Votes: 6 1.1%
    • "Outpost" by - Dalmont

Votes: 336 59.1%
    • "Shop i7" by - Aceface

Votes: 109 19.2%
    • 'Beta Trade Station' by - Gungnir

Votes: 69 12.1%
    • 'Gamma Trade Station' by - tenk11kamikaza

Votes: 151 26.5%
    • "Space Port" by - Maranello

Votes: 249 43.8%
    • "Display Station" by - Caumen

Votes: 7 1.2%
    • 'Delta Trade Station' by - FailedStarfish

Votes: 13 2.3%
    • 'Epsilon Trade Station' by - OrbAshi

Votes: 7 1.2%
    • "Contested" by - Dark_Inquisitor

Votes: 131 23.0%
    • "Broadcast Center" by - BraveSteelDragon

Votes: 16 2.8%
    • 'Zeta Trade Station' by - Phillzor

Votes: 15 2.6%
    • "El Corporation Space Hub" by - El_Poulpy

Votes: 148 26.0%
    • "Resupply Outpost" by - MrTargaReyan

Votes: 70 12.3%
    • "Trade Hub" by - Vanhelzing

Votes: 160 28.1%
    • "Refueling Station" by - Zeno9141

Votes: 208 36.6%
    • 'Eta Trade Station' by - ArgoContar

Votes: 48 8.4%
    • "Malgar Station" by - der_scheme

Votes: 63 11.1%
    • 'Theta Trade Station' by - Invadr

Votes: 21 3.7%
    • 'Iota Trade Station' by - ShinNoir

Votes: 79 13.9%
    • "Asteroid Station" by - Lecic

• 'Kappa Trade Station' by - Gold of Beard

Votes: 24 4.2%
    • 'Lambda Trade Station' by - Rhyunix

Votes: 9 1.6%
    • "Solar Collector" by - Xeo

Votes: 46 8.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, I get it now.

I'm still going to put that pack up for download, and I'll maybe have a few. The main (probably only) one is going to have everything that looks like it is a trade guild station. Like the outpost for dalmont, which doesn't necessarily have a lot of blue in it (hardly any actually), but it looks like what it is supposed to be: a kind of nice looking, yet industrial outpost for the trade guild. Kind of like the current stations, which aren't that bad in that regard.

There are some which just don't feel like a shop too, or they just have too much or too little blue and not have any reason for that.

Abandoned and pirate stations will be easier (especially abandoned). Anything that looks like it belongs in that category will go into the pack (which is almost every station, because of course there are some stations that just don't fit well with the game).

I do hope that people will think about adding their own stations. Because it really adds more variety to the game, and variety is a good thing (especially in this case). It just makes exploring so much more fun to do. Can you imagine finding a creature shooting lasers at you in one of these epic stations! It would be incredible!
    Um, how does Dalmont's look remotely like a trade station? The outside looks like a really amazing generic space outpost, and the inside looks like an awesome abandoned alien military environmental training facility.

Reaction score
    Um, how does Dalmont's look remotely like a trade station? The outside looks like a really amazing generic space outpost, and the inside looks like an awesome abandoned alien military environmental training facility.

A lot of these seem miscategorized really

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, I like it, and it will be in the pack, but I'll keep what you said in mind.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I´m somehow surprised by the voting. But I also understand that there are really great stations and it´s a hard decision. Grats to the winner.

Now my comments and votes:

Dalmonds station is really great but I didn´t vote for it because it kind of didn´t fit in the trade stations. As an abandoned station it would be a instant vote.
    To Space Port... it´s just awesome.
    The Refueling Station is also a great build but there´s no fuel in starmade... . Not enought trading here in my opinion.
    Gamma Trade Station... great but it looks too much like mirroring.
    Trade Hub was also on top of my list so no complaints here.

I´ve voted:
    - Trade Station (Landing pads yay.)
    - Ambassador Trading Hub (Just one word. Big.)
    - Space Port
    - Malgar Station (Kind of like the refueling Station but not just centered around fuel. I´m sorry schema, I tried my best :D)
    - Theta Trade Station (I really love the way you can fly into it.)

Every Station is awesome... can´t believe just one made it.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    :D Good to see that the Contest Station used to promote the Contest received so many Votes :D It is an excellent design and very well balanced :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    A lot of these seem miscategorized really
    Yeah. Still wonder why my station got so many votes (thank you guys for voting!) even though it doesn't fit to Trade Guild category, and it was meant to be abandoned station xD
    Also, I guess that many of us will download all of these.
    And let me remind you all - whatever station it would be, at least it's a change for good.

Reactions: Maranello
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As a fan of Dalmont's ships, I didn't vote for his station either. Its exterior is beautiful, but I felt its interior was way too dark and dingy. I hope its interior lighting gets fixed if its going to be a default trade station!

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE!

Looks like hardly any of the voters went and actually looked at the stations or looked at the interiors, as expected. Grrr...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE!

Looks like hardly any of the voters went and actually looked at the stations or looked at the interiors, as expected. Grrr...
    Yeah... evidently. I'm disappointed.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

"wweeeehhh people have opinions of what looks good different from meeeee!!! they're clearly morons!!!!!!111!!!"

Grow up.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    "wweeeehhh people have opinions of what looks good different from meeeee!!! they're clearly morons!!!!!!111!!!"

Grow up.
    Not the issue; I'd respect different design tastes if that's all it was. However, it seems like some people didn't even actually look at the stations besides in the tiny little thumbnails on the topic...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I will do some livestreams in the next few days to let people help me decide new features to the SpacePort station.

Twitch: TheSchibbye

Im currently working on more docks to this station (atleast one dock for bigger ships)
    and even more civilian areas.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Way to misread and twist a post and then insult someone for no reason.
    Please explain what part of this I'm misreading and twisting.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This clearly indicates misreading. He wasn't criticizing people for having different aesthetic preference from his, he was criticizing the fact that, as he and I have stated at least three times at this point, probably, it seems as though most of the voters didn't actually go into the game and take a proper look at the stations before voting for them.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This clearly indicates misreading. He wasn't criticizing people for having different aesthetic preference from his, he was criticizing the fact that, as he and I have stated at least three times at this point, probably, it seems as though most of the voters didn't actually go into the game and take a proper look at the stations before voting for them.
    That doesn't change the point that they went into an all caps, multi-line spam about how stupid they think the voters are.

It seems an awful lot like you guys are finding nitpicky ways to complain about certain stations winning.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Please explain what part of this I'm misreading and twisting.
    You have absolutely no reading comprehension, sense of humor, or common sense. This is hyperbole/humor:

This is the point I am making:

I don't care at all what people's aesthetic preferences are. My problem is that people are not voting on stations, but on low-quality thumbnails, many of which do not represent the stations accurately, making several poorly-done stations look excellent, and several excellent stations look crappy. These inaccurate thumbnails are clearly and distinctly represented in the votes, which anyone who actually visited the stations can see.

This is absolutely right.

@Lecic, this is getting ridiculous. Admit you misread a post, forget about it, and move on.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    THAT wasn't necessary though

Its also not humorous.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You have absolutely no reading comprehension, sense of humor, or common sense. This is hyperbole/humor:

This is the point I am making:

I don't care at all what people's aesthetic preferences are. My problem is that people are not voting on stations, but on low-quality thumbnails, many of which do not represent the stations accurately, making several poorly-done stations look excellent, and several excellent stations look crappy. These inaccurate thumbnails are clearly and distinctly represented in the votes, which anyone who actually visited the stations can see.

This is absolutely right.

@Lecic, this is getting ridiculous. Admit you misread a post, forget about it, and move on.
    There you go again, insulting builds and making rude assumptions about whether or not people actually looked at some of the entries. Stop trying to play off how much of a jerk you've been. Spamming "STUPID PEOPLE!" 13 times isn't a joke, it's just obnoxious and clearly shows what you think of the people who voted differently.

I'm not going to pretend that there aren't some bad stations here, or that there are people who didn't look at the stations. But you need to take a step back and respect that other people have different thoughts on what looks good.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    THAT wasn't necessary though

Its also not humorous.
    Looks like we just have a different sense of humor. Congrats on the first remotely civil comment in some time, though.

There you go again, insulting builds and making rude assumptions about whether or not people actually looked at some of the entries.
    Stations with inaccurate thumbnails were clearly dragged down in relation to stations that in actuality are extremely similar in their style and detailing. This is not an assumption, but an inference from the facts. At least call it a "rude inference" if you take exception to it, and make a sound argument against its accuracy!

I'm not going to pretend that there aren't some bad stations here, or that there are people who didn't look at the stations. But you need to take a step back and respect that other people have different thoughts on what looks good.
    A small disparity in votes would indicate aesthetic preference between similar stations, which is to be expected. I see a large disparity in votes directly correlating to a large disparity in the quality of the thumbnails. I most certainly respect peoples' aesthetic preference, but not their laziness, nor their continual twisting of my words.

All of the legitimately "bad" stations (those lacking effort or detail) were swamped regardless.

Stop trying to play off how much of a jerk you've been. Spamming "STUPID PEOPLE!" 13 times isn't a joke, it's just obnoxious and clearly shows what you think of the people who voted differently.
    "There you go again." You can say something all you want, but that won't make it true. I clearly stated that this is humor, and it always was, is, and shall remain so regardless of anyone's different sense of humor or lack thereof. This was intended to make fun of forum trolls who act like you are accusing me of acting, while making a point that people vote without putting in any effort to see what they are voting on.

Clearly this joke was a mistake as no one besides @Ithirahad was able to comprehend it.