Default Trade Station Poll

Please vote below for the 5 station entries you would like to see become the default trade stations.

• "Dominion Shop" by - bigdude601

Votes: 11 1.9%
    • "Trading Post" by - Wrathserker

Votes: 121 21.3%
    • "SpaceMart" by - RoyalWolfe

Votes: 20 3.5%
    • "Fuel Depot" by - Neon_42

Votes: 21 3.7%
    • 'Alpha Trade Station' by - psteiner

Votes: 41 7.2%
    • "Space Station 6" by - KhevaKins

• "Trade Station" by - SmilingDemon

Votes: 138 24.3%
    • "Ambassador Trading Hub" by - GaeasSon

Votes: 133 23.4%
    • "Repair Station" by - Ki11aWi11

Votes: 74 13.0%
    • "Planet Simulator" by - chadgerman2

Votes: 1 0.2%
    • "Rest and Relaxation Station" by - stoffhimel

Votes: 6 1.1%
    • "Outpost" by - Dalmont

Votes: 336 59.1%
    • "Shop i7" by - Aceface

Votes: 109 19.2%
    • 'Beta Trade Station' by - Gungnir

Votes: 69 12.1%
    • 'Gamma Trade Station' by - tenk11kamikaza

Votes: 151 26.5%
    • "Space Port" by - Maranello

Votes: 249 43.8%
    • "Display Station" by - Caumen

Votes: 7 1.2%
    • 'Delta Trade Station' by - FailedStarfish

Votes: 13 2.3%
    • 'Epsilon Trade Station' by - OrbAshi

Votes: 7 1.2%
    • "Contested" by - Dark_Inquisitor

Votes: 131 23.0%
    • "Broadcast Center" by - BraveSteelDragon

Votes: 16 2.8%
    • 'Zeta Trade Station' by - Phillzor

Votes: 15 2.6%
    • "El Corporation Space Hub" by - El_Poulpy

Votes: 148 26.0%
    • "Resupply Outpost" by - MrTargaReyan

Votes: 70 12.3%
    • "Trade Hub" by - Vanhelzing

Votes: 160 28.1%
    • "Refueling Station" by - Zeno9141

Votes: 208 36.6%
    • 'Eta Trade Station' by - ArgoContar

Votes: 48 8.4%
    • "Malgar Station" by - der_scheme

Votes: 63 11.1%
    • 'Theta Trade Station' by - Invadr

Votes: 21 3.7%
    • 'Iota Trade Station' by - ShinNoir

Votes: 79 13.9%
    • "Asteroid Station" by - Lecic

• 'Kappa Trade Station' by - Gold of Beard

Votes: 24 4.2%
    • 'Lambda Trade Station' by - Rhyunix

Votes: 9 1.6%
    • "Solar Collector" by - Xeo

Votes: 46 8.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Editing and uploading. Its going to be nonstop till they are all done.
    So guess where I won't be this weekend? At work! Guess where I'll be ALL of this weekend? In stations! I'm right there with ya Criss lol

Reactions: Dalmont

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So guess where I won't be this weekend? At work! Guess where I'll be ALL of this weekend? In stations! I'm right there with ya Criss lol
    Better move quick. I'll be cutting it close. And you seem to have more editing to do than I with those cinematic shots.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Better move quick. I'll be cutting it close. And you seem to have more editing to do than I with those cinematic shots.
    A little bit, the way I record them cuts out the need for a lot of the editing. But that's literally all I have planned for this weekend. Eat, sleep (a very small amount) and record those. the 21 days is up on what, October 27th? 28th? Or is it sooner?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    A little bit, the way I record them cuts out the need for a lot of the editing. But that's literally all I have planned for this weekend. Eat, sleep (a very small amount) and record those. the 21 days is up on what, October 27th? 28th? Or is it sooner?
    28th or 29th if we get an extra few hours depending on where you live. I've got 14 TG stations to post then its on to pirate stuff!

Reaction score
    i wonder why my pirate spacestation did not get through. it has testicles, tenticles, and the joy of a pirate station. but thankfully my trading guild station made it on the board

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Aw... Dalmont's station got through? Not that I dislike it, it's an amazing station, but not for the Trading Guild... If anything it should be abandoned or part of a completely different faction...

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I must say, some of the entries that got through I don't feel fit the theme of the faction or game, and others that do so have been left behind. :/

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    And that's why we will be able to change the stations ourselves ;)
    ...Yes... Thing is, we can't do that on servers,and IDK how many servers will change their defaults. Furthermore, new players won't know how to change the default stations. People underestimate the value and importance of a good default configuration. And by "good" I don't just mean what looks the coolest - All Trading Guild stations should have a common appearance, which seems to be envisioned by a lot of builders to be blue, black, and white with large tower structures or symmetrical armor plates on all four sides. Personally, I was hoping that the majority of votes would go towards those stations, or at least stations that share a common theme. Apparently, though, people value immediate aesthetics more, though... :|

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why can't you change default stations on servers? That doesn't make sense. You do know there will be folders like default blueprints for the pirate ships but then for stations, right? But I assume you know what you're talking about @Ithirahad , so could you please explain why it can't be done?

Also, I guess some people might be lazy, so I'll go pick the coolest stations (will be my opinion, but I'll try to base it on facts), and then add them to a pack for people to download. Will be quite a big file, but it should be fine. I'll just add it to community content or the mods section.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I also voted for ones that had a common theme

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Yay! 2nd most voted station! Thanks to all of you that voted for me! :D i've heard rumors that the winners will be able to update the station, so if I get to update my station I will add more civilian areas in the 8 towers without ruining the overall design. if not I will release the update as community content for you to download. :)

Sneak peek:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yay! 2nd most voted station! Thanks to all of you that voted for me! :D i've heard rumors that the winners will be able to update the station, so if I get to update my station I will add more civilian areas in the 8 towers without ruining the overall design. if not I will release the update as community content for you to download. :)

Sneak peek:

You're welcome, Maranello... IMO your station should be first. It represents everything I'd like to see in a trading guild station. Large, impressive, simply but effectively designed, and with a really nice interior. It also looks commercial, and, more importantly, has a hangar bay that looks really nice. Kind of reminds me of EvE.

Why can't you change default stations on servers? That doesn't make sense. You do know there will be folders like default blueprints for the pirate ships but then for stations, right? But I assume you know what you're talking about @Ithirahad , so could you please explain why it can't be done?
    I never said that it can't be done. All I'm saying is that as far as I've seen, a lot of people don't change too much about the game's default settings and content normally, and some newbies might not know how to, so I find it important to have a centralized, easily-readable theme or design for the Trading Guild and to a lesser extent Pirate stations.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    There seemed to be an overall theme for a few amounting to stations that included grey, blue striping and orange detailing that to me was more indicative of a trading corporation. It's the trading guild. To me it wasn't suppose to look civilian. The stations that won are great. The thing about game design is that it has to look like it was made with the same idea in mind. Different devs working on a game need to make sure all the end parts match each other. That was the mentality I went with while voting. I have no problem with these winners. But I do hope that in future for contests like this, we do not miss an opportunity to truly distinguish the theme of a race/faction. It is something players should instantly recognize should they come across it.

Also, bunny, it's not that server owners cannot change defaults. It's that he cannot force server owners to change them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah, I get it now.

I'm still going to put that pack up for download, and I'll maybe have a few. The main (probably only) one is going to have everything that looks like it is a trade guild station. Like the outpost for dalmont, which doesn't necessarily have a lot of blue in it (hardly any actually), but it looks like what it is supposed to be: a kind of nice looking, yet industrial outpost for the trade guild. Kind of like the current stations, which aren't that bad in that regard.

There are some which just don't feel like a shop too, or they just have too much or too little blue and not have any reason for that.

Abandoned and pirate stations will be easier (especially abandoned). Anything that looks like it belongs in that category will go into the pack (which is almost every station, because of course there are some stations that just don't fit well with the game).

I do hope that people will think about adding their own stations. Because it really adds more variety to the game, and variety is a good thing (especially in this case). It just makes exploring so much more fun to do. Can you imagine finding a creature shooting lasers at you in one of these epic stations! It would be incredible!