Default Install Temp File?

Reaction score
    So of all the games I've played, to include every game that you have to unzip and install, I've never ONCE encountered a game that installs the entire program to a Temp file. Are you kidding me right now? Every single install I ever do has a default pathway that I don't have to change. But apparently trusting this game was a major mistake because I opened up my computer today to find that the entire game I've played for two weeks doesn't even exist on my computer anymore. Checked to see if it was an issue on my end and nope, when I try to install any other zip files, they don't default to a temp folder on their install launcher.

Why the hell is this even an option for a default install?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Try using the old legacy Launcher. It just handles the startup of StarMade and the variables to use. Rather then move the game files everywhere.

To use the old legacy Launcher click one of the grey buttons for your System OS.

Legacy Launcher

Use this thread to check up on the new version 2 launcher that you are using now. Some of the details are explained there.

Launcher v2

Reaction score
    • Tester
    that is probably because you did extract the Launcher to your temp folder in the first place.
    from there it defaults to the Launchers folder/Starmade.
    Unzip the Launcher to a place from where you want to run the game (maybe a second Hardrives root like d:\SMLauncher)
    pull a link of the launcher to the desktop and start it.
    it then should ask if want to install to d:\SMLauncher\Starmade (in my example)