Decrease the amount of shops/planets, make the rest larger

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Pretty self explanatory. Instead of a bunch of little planets and shops, decrease the size and make like 4-8 planets and ~10 well stocked shops per system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    decreaseing the amount of shops and planets will make them more worth fighting over

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Right, planets should be much rarer and have expensive stuff (Fuel for FTL if there will be any, etc.), it would make faction wars much more strategic.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Fuel should regenerate.

How about having some alien plant that is spread far across the universe by space farmers and which produces something required as/for fuel/maintenance?

It could produce biological molecules which have -as a molecule, not as an atom- properties similar to Naquadah in StarGate.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Eh, fuel is mirco managing and not many people like that.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Should be a server option.
    Should not be the only thing to do what is done with it, but the most cost efficient setup for a short duration of high output.

It will be a good option for something that is not supposed to live longer than the output of this fuel/battery cell. Namely swarm drones and Disintegrator-Warheads.

But a 3x more efficient system for just 3 seconds could make the difference when you cut the enemies weapon array into two.
    Dependent on blockBehaviorConfig.xml 2 arrays on one computer may drain 1.5 times the power - or even more.

You may see it as micro-hell (and if used commonly/exclusively I would agree).
    But a little bit of fuel-boosters could give small things a role in big ship fights.

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    There is already an option in the server config to adjust the spawn rate of shops, called "SHOP_SPAWNING_PROBABILITY".

A planet spawn rate option is a great idea though. I think there should also be an option to adjust the spawn rate of asteroids, as I am sure that I'm not the only one who is annoyed that they generate in every otherwise empty sector.