Decorative Block - Numbers

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I propose a series of decorative blocks with numbers 0 thru 9. I can't even tell you how many times I've needed these for marking anything from hallways, doors, hangars, turrets and docking ports. I do have a few suggestions that might make these a little different from just a simply graphic but let the coders decide if these ideas are feasible:
    • The Block could be variable (like display panels) so 1 block can be used instead of making 0 thru 9 (and A thru Z), see the next line for how it's different from the display panel.
    • The Block could display any text but scaled to the maximum size that will fit in the blocks face. Thus a single digit/letter is larger than 2 characters (scaled to fit)
    • A group of blocks (perhaps linking like controller and modules) can be used as a single scaled display. This would allow large 'signs' without making large blocks (think single input control displayed on multi-screen output)
    So it's a Sign Panel, instead of a display panel. Scaled text to fit the dimensions of the sign group. At the very least just having some numbered block would be good though.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Does HTML still work on Display blocks? I think they are still working out how to combine multiple adjacent display blocks into one big display. I'm hoping when they do that, they'll unlock size restrictions on HTML-driven text, so you can make numbers as big as a display block.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Would the background look like regular hull?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think if there were just more formatting options on display blocks, and maybe linking them together as stated above, that this would take care of most of the use cases here.

I'll admit it would be nice to have an alternative that would blend better with surrounding hull though, so +1 for you!