DebrisCorp- Bringing the next generation of vessels to you!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good day, man/woman/malicious AI construct!

We here at DebrisCorp are proud to present our new line of ships to sate your appetite for galactic domination!

Our full line is still on the way, however here are a few sample products:

DFN Rockhopper, FFG-110B

http://starmadedock.net/content/dfn-rockhopper-ffg-110b.2476/

The B variant of the DFN Rockhopper class light missile frigate, this ship has had a short but colorful existence, starting off as the Nova Fleet Dynamics ship by the same name by DebrisCorp when it was still a subsidiary. Since then, it has seen combat and active use in such fields such as ElwynEternity, Redshift, and a rather undignified role in the Blood and Steel tournament.

Specifications-

Length- 211m (270m with drone camera)

Width- 41m

Height- 54m

Shields- 5.6 million capacity with 38k regeneration and 60% ion effect.

Mass- 17.7k

Power- 10 million capacity with 1 million regeneration.

Features-Full interior, performs well in combat. Has logic-based features, such as energy shielding and red alert lighting. Uses missile-based weaponry, comes with a large suite of anti-missile and light-anti shield turrets.

DFN Cherokee, SGC-121

http://starmadedock.net/content/dfn-cherokee-sgc-121a.2477/

Designed primarily as a homebase siege platform, the Cherokee entered construction right before the 0.14 update was introduced. While considered by many the 'best looking ship of the fleet', the Cherokee had barely usable weaponry; it was hastily outfitted to work so the ship could still function as a support role in the first Athanatos-Odium war. The resulting ship was never put to use, and to this day waits to be refitted. Currently, plans are to do a full rework of the systems and add a large interior.

Specifications-

Length- 529m

Width- 143m

Height- 83m

Shielding- 35 million capacity with 456 thousand regeneration. No ion capacity at this time.

Mass- 164.3k

Power- 393 million capacity with 5.79 million regeneration.

Features- Two (2) Aquarius class light shuttles in a rear hangar. Has numerous turret emplacements of various type throughout the ship, with room for more. Has surprisingly high thrust for a ship of its size. Small interior.

More ships on the way: DFN Lytra FFG-105B, DFN Odysseus DD-149C, DFN Macon- FA-105B, DFN Aquarius-II SH-100C, DFN Rome BB-130A, DFN Osiris CL-197C, DFN Munich DD-195B.

Various pictures of ships that DebrisCorp has created/are creating now:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Glad to see these ships finally up for download! They have such a cool military look.

Reaction score
    Love the look of your ships. Inside and out. The details and little features are awesome and it's nice to see color schemes beyond red/black and blue/white.

Really love the Avalon but it has 2 issues,
    1: It spawns with no mount points for 2 of the 3 PD turrets so they just float away into space. I also notice some other blocks missing around that area looking at the pictures where they should go (green lights and some detailing)
    2: There is just a shipcore docked where the cargo pod should be.

It's easy enough to fix the turret problem and while the cargo pod is more RP than useful I imagine, I was curious about the logic on it, since I'm a noob and tearing a lot of things apart to learn. The VLS missile launcher is great, breaks loot pinatas in 1 shot!

Really like what you did with the Rockhopper and the timed lighting sequence and the other logic on there. Also do you have a logic auto jumpdrive charger (is that a thing?) on it? Turrets didn't perform so well, but I just today learned about AI difficulty and turrets so will try them again. On medium, PD turrets are the only thing that seem to work well on most ships, not just yours.

The Cherokee is a beauty from the outside but feels pretty unfinished, had good survivability but the turrets were even more abysmal (again on medium).

Thanks for sharing these great ships, they are really inspiring to try things I wouldn't have thought of for my own builds and seem to strike a nice balance between looks & performance/features. Really looking forward to more!

Reaction score
    So technically this is a doublepost I guess but it's been 9 days.

Tore the Avalon apart and tryed to rebuild it from the plan, and the blocks I got from stripping it don't add up to the blocks in the plan. As the 2 green lights and the logic blocks are the only ones in the ship, it is easy to notice they are in the plan but not being built. There's also link lines and purple highlights leading from the switch to where the lights and stuff belong. So there's definitly some kind of corruption in the file and I tryed downloading and replacing again.

Anyway, I figured all the missing pieces out. Also reverse-engineered the cargo pod from your screenshots. I've learned quite a bit about logic since then (mostly Drakhart and Svens tuts, not to mention ripping their ships apart).

I've also on my own learned reactor design, and while most downloads I've looked at leave a bit to be desired in power, the Avalon is one of the worst (I haven't torn up the Rockhopper yet). When you can't use a radar jammer in combat, your reactors are probably inadequate. when you can't use one while parked...Anyway, I was able to more than double the output with the same amount of blocks by making them into just 2 high-efficiency reactors. They still don't provide enough power so I'm adding a 3rd. So far I haven't had to go over 3 reactors, but then I've been building corvettes and frigates in the sub-kiloton (I'm assuming the game unit of mass is a ton) range.

Besides the power, I'm giving her a complete tune-up. Re-arranged the salvage array to make a solid hole. Made the main gun an ion cannon. Replacing the turrets. A little interior decorating. Maybe a fresh coat of paint. I'll send the download when I'm done if you're interested (I wouldn't presume to post it as my own).

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So technically this is a doublepost I guess but it's been 9 days.

Tore the Avalon apart and tryed to rebuild it from the plan, and the blocks I got from stripping it don't add up to the blocks in the plan. As the 2 green lights and the logic blocks are the only ones in the ship, it is easy to notice they are in the plan but not being built. There's also link lines and purple highlights leading from the switch to where the lights and stuff belong. So there's definitly some kind of corruption in the file and I tryed downloading and replacing again.

Anyway, I figured all the missing pieces out. Also reverse-engineered the cargo pod from your screenshots. I've learned quite a bit about logic since then (mostly Drakhart and Svens tuts, not to mention ripping their ships apart).

I've also on my own learned reactor design, and while most downloads I've looked at leave a bit to be desired in power, the Avalon is one of the worst (I haven't torn up the Rockhopper yet). When you can't use a radar jammer in combat, your reactors are probably inadequate. when you can't use one while parked...Anyway, I was able to more than double the output with the same amount of blocks by making them into just 2 high-efficiency reactors. They still don't provide enough power so I'm adding a 3rd. So far I haven't had to go over 3 reactors, but then I've been building corvettes and frigates in the sub-kiloton (I'm assuming the game unit of mass is a ton) range.

Besides the power, I'm giving her a complete tune-up. Re-arranged the salvage array to make a solid hole. Made the main gun an ion cannon. Replacing the turrets. A little interior decorating. Maybe a fresh coat of paint. I'll send the download when I'm done if you're interested (I wouldn't presume to post it as my own).
    Okay for starters, the Avalon was never designed as a combat ship. It's got a single missile launcher that's just enough to pop an Isanth and that's really all it needs for its role. As for the power, if you got yourself into a situation where your tiny little RP corvette needs to jam you're doing something wrong. For actual combat, I'd recommend using a Rockhopper or a (soon to be released) Munich.

As to the power issues, I have personally combat tested all my ships and they have just the right amount of power to function as designed. By slapping a jammer onto a ship that was never designed to support one, you have voided the nonexistant warranty. As to the missing pieces, if someone else could check that I'll reupload the BP to fix it.

For the other issues you seem to be having, I'm honestly not sure why or how you ended up with purple anywhere in the ship.

Reaction score
    Okay for starters, the Avalon was never designed as a combat ship. It's got a single missile launcher that's just enough to pop an Isanth and that's really all it needs for its role. As for the power, if you got yourself into a situation where your tiny little RP corvette needs to jam you're doing something wrong. For actual combat, I'd recommend using a Rockhopper or a (soon to be released) Munich.

As to the power issues, I have personally combat tested all my ships and they have just the right amount of power to function as designed. By slapping a jammer onto a ship that was never designed to support one, you have voided the nonexistant warranty. As to the missing pieces, if someone else could check that I'll reupload the BP to fix it.

For the other issues you seem to be having, I'm honestly not sure why or how you ended up with purple anywhere in the ship.
    Purple slave highlight, not blocks. So you had an activator that went to a non-existant not gate (I'm guessing) which still showed the pipe, but it was a piece of std armor. Then from that block or the activator selected had purple highlights on where the red/green lights should have been according to the pictures.

I know it's not a combat ship but I think a jammer goes on everything. They really don't use that much power. The Rockhopper seemed to have power issues as well, I set it to auto-ai and let it and a few other ships go up against the Cherokee and it was a long stalemate of ships sitting around with no power frequently, finally after a few RL days of this going on while I was "busy in the shipyard" I spawned in a Manticore to destroy the lot of them.

My point is, same amount of reactor blocks, producing well over twice the power, no change in ship appearance (mostly a matter of moving shield caps around). You've got like 16 groups, many of them 1 by 1. Could be the corruption issue I have with the blueprint, could just be forgetting to turn off mirroring while working on asymetrical parts (I do that all the time) .

It's your ship and you can do what you want of course. Some people would say "thanks for the constructive criticism", others "how dare you insult my artistic integrity or design skills or whatever". I take it you're one of the later, so sorry if I offended you. I know I'm a little blunt. Still thank you for sharing this and your other ships.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I know it's not a combat ship but I think a jammer goes on everything. They really don't use that much power.
    Currently? You would be correct. However jammers used to use a lot more power (50), they were only reduced to counter Core drilling to a small extent, and will probably return to a higher power cost eventually.

No one likes being told "I tore apart your ship and made it all betterz!", which is even less relavent when you modified it originaly anyways. It's better to just ask why X was done like this, people build ships with a focus in mind, what the ship was meant for and what environment they would be in, which does not always line up with other peoples' perception.

It's not criticism if it just sounds like you telling him what you would like to have. That's tailoring, rather than improving. I will have to smack him though if the power is truly as bad as you say it is, because power should be hard to screw up when you as old a player as he is.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Purple slave highlight, not blocks. So you had an activator that went to a non-existant not gate (I'm guessing) which still showed the pipe, but it was a piece of std armor. Then from that block or the activator selected had purple highlights on where the red/green lights should have been according to the pictures.

I know it's not a combat ship but I think a jammer goes on everything. They really don't use that much power. The Rockhopper seemed to have power issues as well, I set it to auto-ai and let it and a few other ships go up against the Cherokee and it was a long stalemate of ships sitting around with no power frequently, finally after a few RL days of this going on while I was "busy in the shipyard" I spawned in a Manticore to destroy the lot of them.

My point is, same amount of reactor blocks, producing well over twice the power, no change in ship appearance (mostly a matter of moving shield caps around). You've got like 16 groups, many of them 1 by 1. Could be the corruption issue I have with the blueprint, could just be forgetting to turn off mirroring while working on asymetrical parts (I do that all the time) .

It's your ship and you can do what you want of course. Some people would say "thanks for the constructive criticism", others "how dare you insult my artistic integrity or design skills or whatever". I take it you're one of the later, so sorry if I offended you. I know I'm a little blunt. Still thank you for sharing this and your other ships.
    I'm going to go with you got a corrupted save. I assemble all my ships around a single reactor running the LWH of the ship, allowing for maximum efficiency, then I go in and add extra lines as needed until it's at 1mil regen and then I switch over to placing as needed. However, the Avalon is a smaller ship; so it didn't get to 1mil or need that much regen for what it has in terms of weapons. If you're finding 1x1 power groups, then something's missing or broken. That may explain why you're having the ships run out of power.

As for your AI battle, the point I made above applies. Your point about the power issues all my ships supposedly have is due either to you having corrupted files or you adding things that they were never designed to support. (Jammers) I thoroughly test my ships before releasing them, and any power issues you have are not present in the ships when I upload them.

As to your comment on my reaction to your criticism, it can basically be summed up as "I tried tacking a jammer onto the ship why isn't it working" "Well you see, it was never designed to support a jammer." "Your weapons are crap" "It's an RP ship." "Your power systems are screwy" "You just said you've got a corrupted copy, why are you telling me the systems are broke when I know for a fact that they're fine?"

I'm trying to address your concerns as nicely as possible but they're either about things other than the ships themselves or are because you're tacking things onto them and complaining when it doesn't work. Your little quip about the Manticore... I'll be honest I don't even know where to start. I mean first off you're fighting AIs, second off you're fighting AIs in corrupted ships, third off you're fighting AIs in corrupted ships that are significantly smaller than you... You get my point?

EDIT: Cyber, you've seen how my ships perform. If they had power issues I'd slap myself.

Reaction score
    Ok, guess I did come off a kinda dickish. Power regen was 70020.4 e/s from 184 modules. Which is pretty low for a 2000 mass ship, no it certainly doesn't need 1 mil/sec....around 200k is probably plenty. I didn't know about the jammers. I haven't had a problem powering a jammer on a shuttle, let alone a frigate so to me I thought it was a dead giveaway. Right now the jammer is one of my measuring sticks for "did I build enough reactors". I realize in alpha things change frequently, but I thought the ships were updated recently. I don't just slap stuff on ships and go "hay izz borken, u sux". I think I've got a pretty good handle on power regen and storage.

I haven't noticed any corruption on your other ships, I think those were sment files while the Avalon was flatfiles. You are stretching some things I'm bringing up to illustrate a point though. I'm a noob but I'm a quick study. I wasn't fighting the AI ships, the AI ships were fighting the AI ships. The quip about the Manticore was because that is my "quicker cleaner upper". Putting them up against a titan was not intended in any way shape or form to be an insult, but considering we started out on the wrong foot I guess I can't blame you for jumping to that conclusion. I have not gotten a chance to go back and give the Rcokhopper a good trial nor analyze it much. As I said it was a general observation I made, but I was busy doing other stuff so collecting good solid data wasn't my primary focus.

Anyway, my apologies.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    'MORNIN, SPRINKLES!

I'M BACK AT IT AGAIN ON THIS THREAD, THIS TIME BRINGING YOU THE NEW AND IMPROVED CHEROKEE!

Basically, it's being totally overhauled and filled with top-of-the-line tech.

The ship currently includes:

One (1) Logic Based Drive (LBD) with a 22-jump range spooling at 6.05kHz.

Four (4) AMS/PD drone racks, counting 20 drones per rack. Replacement of spent racks is as simple as undocking the old rack, docking a new one, and plugging the logic systems together.

Four (4) Active Shields. Brand new technology being pioneered by Nova Fleet Dynamics, active shields are essentially mobile forcefields that move to block incoming missiles. They are essentially a focused spectral armoring system.

Six (6) Phalanx-II HBB turrets, designed for heavy bombardment across sectors or multi-million damage alpha strikes on nearby opponets.

Two (2) NFD-patented shield generators, designed to nullify piercing-based weapons and keep shields up in some amount at all times.

Eight (8) 1mil e/sec docked reactors, linked to reactor arm switches in the ship's engineering compartment.

Ship statistics pending release due to it being only about halfway full. Interior/exterior being entirely overhauled, and multiple logic-based systems are being implemented.

Also comes with an NFD Myrmidon class cargo transport with limited jumpdrive capability.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nope, not a typo. The drive's function is based around an overclocked logic toggle. This is run through an amplifier, resulting in a tick rate an order of magnitude larger. Believe me, the system is a pain to look at when running, the only reason I have it exposed is to easily repair possible damage during combat. (The entire system, allowing a 200k mass ship to warp 22 times virtually instantly given a 45 second warm up period, is entirely contained in the walls of that one room.)

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nope, not a typo. The drive's function is based around an overclocked logic toggle. This is run through an amplifier, resulting in a tick rate an order of magnitude larger. Believe me, the system is a pain to look at when running, the only reason I have it exposed is to easily repair possible damage during combat. (The entire system, allowing a 200k mass ship to warp 22 times virtually instantly given a 45 second warm up period, is entirely contained in the walls of that one room.)
    Holy shit that sounds OP. I love it.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol that logic jump drive clock is the definition of a Flash Step when used. XD

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    That... sounds essential for any missions taking you beyond your own borders.

Holy shit, you would actually need to do math! Find out how many jumps you need, plot your course, configure if you need 14, 18, or 21 drives for the distance, relay with rest of fleet, and go! I like.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Or you could just set coordinates and turn it off when you get there

Reaction score
    Mind if I ask how your "active shields" work?

From the description it seems like they'd be turrets so they could freely move around your ship and always be pointed at the enemy. It also seems like you can turn them on and off as most of your screenshots have no such forcefields. So what I thought is you have the turret using glass doors so you could turn them on and off. But that seems like they'd be rendered useless after a single hit from even weak weapons. Am I just missing something?