Dear server owners.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That system would work fine with a bit of tweaking, adding a shipyard block as an example.

Edit: or what Stormclouf3 posted.

Your argument/opinion on this subject is invalid and further more, biased and kinda insulting. You want an easy mode so to speak. You don\'t want to collect resources nonstop or to have to build the same ships over and over or take any risk when playing on a server . Thats your play style and theres nothing wrong with it. But people have different play styles, so you can\'t expect everyone to change their play style to yours. There is no right or wrong way to play the game, thats one of the things that make games like this so great.

As much as I love the blueprint \"idea\", if I was to start a server, I would be forced to disable it. It\'s just to broken in the current state of the game (I\'m not going to spell it out for you, it\'s been posted about many times how exploitable and broken the blueprint system is). Theres no need to get aggravated/annoyed since the game will change down the road and all this talk will be completely irrelevant.

When the blueprint system gets an overhaul, I\'m sure alot more servers will use it.

Reaction score
    It\'s thier server, the rules are listed, just don\'t play on them. They don\'t have to justify themsleves to anyone, they pay the bill for the server.

I understand both arguments, but it comes down to what you want out of the game. It is a sandbox game, so a lot of the gameplay is left to us to make up. This includes the option not to allow blueprint ships.

I play on both kinds of servers, one I have tons of credits and spawn in both dl\'d and built ships. The other I had to work at to get the materials to build a ship the way I wanted it.

Play it the way you enjoy on servers that are setup for your play style.

Rob

Reaction score
    Well I hate servers withour blueprints enabled mainly because of the inbalance in general. If I plan a ship and take time to build it it is barely more efficient than some big blocks of modules bunched together. So i don\'t really count the argument that building on the server takes much more effort and time than to instantly buy a ship in the catalog. In general i think that the problem lays more in the ressource/money proportion. Its insanely easy to get ridiculous amounts of money with L5 ore while getting blocks is much more time consuming. Shops have mostly a low stock, manufacturing doesn\'t seem to be effective. The best way is to grind pirates/space stations where u get way to high amounts of blocks at once.

Reaction score
    I truly don\'t see how I\'m being insulting about this. What I\'m trying to say is why do regular servers have to disabled blueprints? Now I understand that its their server and they should have a choice. But for what reasoning? Why remove an entire chunk out of the game? Removing blueprints is sorta like removing diamond stuff in minecraft. Taking away a whole chunk of the game. I don\'t have a specified \"play style\" that you are referring to. I play the way the server allows me to. I don\'t want everyone to want exactly the play style I do. If you want the server to have no blueprints then so be it. I won\'t argue.

mou

Reaction score
    you forget to say blueprints that you save from server have (much) chances to be corrupted and you will never be able to save it to local if turrets on it

What need its something that check who made the blueprint (checksum stuff in it) not much people built titans so it will still reduce possible lags (with everyone with titans)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The reasoning is (for most servers I\'m guessing)..

1) It\'s exploitable, you can use the blueprint system to get unlimited credits.

2) It breaks the economy, you can get an unlimited amounts of any type of block with no work.

3) It can be used to grief servers.

Any one of these is enough of a reason to disable it, in my opinion, let alone all three.

I see the blueprint system as more of a \"cheat mode\", in its current state. Its not something a serious server has the option to enable, unless its a creative type server. This all coming from someone who loves the blueprint idea.

The minecraft - diamond comparison is way off. The blueprint system is really, in the end, just a time saver. There is no loss of game play by having it disabled, it just makes things take more time.

Edit: On the other hand, having it enabled, theres a huge loss of gameplay. No need to build, no need to explore, no need to collect resources, no need to design anything (just download it from the web).

Reaction score
    I just took a look at servers chat and I saw that a server only allows custom blueprints for factions with a specified number of people. I think that would work would it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like to play my space sims as an industrialist. What\'s the point of industry if anyone can make infinite amounts of anything in no time at all?

BPs need to not generate resources out of nothing. I\'m all in favour of replacing the BP system with a shipyard block that builds ships as you feed it resources.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I agree a shipyard were you had to place a recipe what had to be full of all the block types and once you put the items in the recipe for the ship you cant get it out unless you finish it and get the ship made

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The only thing that \"can\" work in my opinion, is a whitelist server, with only a few trusted players on it.

That will take tons more work by the server owner to make sure things arent getting abused. And anyone whos ran a game server for long knows, If theres a way to get an unfair advantage, players are going to do it, even some \"trusted\" players. Although most will get caught and banned, the smart ones will get away with it.

So having it enable (in its current state), is just asking for trouble and its just a matter of time before the trouble comes.

These are just my thoughts on the matter.

mou

Reaction score
    1) servers owners can set easily a auto-ban option for guys who spawned modified blueprints

2) breaks economy... why? go back to 1, plus economy is already broke by Cubatoms (even on hardcore server) and pirates

3) servers have a spam protection thaat they can edit, then you have to wait before spawning one again and real admins can check what caused the crash (I mean which ship and who spawned it and where so they could ban them easily)

now please don\'t talk when you don\'t know what you are talking about

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Please take your own advice and know what you are talking about before insulting others he isnt talking about modified blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Blueprints are a trade-off. They remove industry in order to make ship and turret building quicker and easier. essentially destroying one gameplay element in order to streamline another, which for me and a lot of players is a net loss. That\'s why admins remove them from servers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you think the blueprints are \"expoitable for credits\", its not possible. The shop sells the blueprints for what they are worth. If you salvage the entire thing and sell the blocks you won\'t get any added credits from what you just spent on the ship. Now I know alot of you will disagree with me on allowing blueprints.

You\'re wrong. L5 ores in blueprints cost 1 million credits and they can sell for 3 millions credits in shops.

I know it\'s possible and easy to do, I experimented with this last week.

What you\'re saying is based on a false premise, so you\'re wrong.

mou

Reaction score
    when I contradict someone I give arguements, and you don\'t so I don\'t really care what you are saying

plus you contractited only one thing and even without blueprints hack (or blueprints at all), economy is still fucked up even on hardcore servers because of cubatoms

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    so where is the fun of making the ship Yourself? seriously, this game is about making your own ships, trying out others and modifying others to others needs, why do you have to let a stupid shipyard block take out all the fun in the game? shipbuilding is one of the fun parts of this game. have a block that makes it instantly means that fun ceases to exist.