Dave and his crew

Reaction score
    The current pack should still be in your dropdown selection menu when this update releases.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    it\'s sad to see the last vestige of beetlebear phased out but im curious about the future

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Will the new texture packs keep the theme of the original blocks? I know Kupo changed a bunch of the computer monitors into pipes for his personal texture pack and that would be odd to do for something official. Official packs should be very clear as to what something is even if it just a decorative block.

Reaction score
    Approves of this new NPC hiring plot. Its kinda hard to run a capital ship larger than a sector by yourself. And the ship is very empty. Maybe now i can have a crew roaming the halls of my capital ship and jumping into fighters and so on. This is indeed a bright new future for starmade. NPC\'s, New weapons and so forth will really give this game a shot of adrenalin and a breath of fresh air. And the new weapons...will the charge laser have splash damage? How insanely big can i make a flak cannon? How much damage can i squeeze out of a sniper cannon? (Ive even made a custom modified reticle in preperation for sniper cannons.) That\'d be amazing and look alot cooler than a simple one block hole through a ship, would definatly be a better main gun for large ships. I have so many things laid out in preperation for the upcoming updates.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I wasn\'t born in 2001!

I\'m aware that Dave is the name of the dude off of 2001: A space oddysy, even though I\'ve never watched it (Although I plan to at somepoint.) But I watched Despicable me not too long ago, so it\'s fresh in my memory. :P

Besides, it says \"AI Minions\", so that lead me to thinking off them too.

Reaction score
    messed up a bit writing this, (going back and adding and forgeting to move things) what happens when you\'re hyper, excited and sleepy all at once.

Reaction score
    I get like that sometimes, a new idea gets me so wound up I can\'t sleep

Reaction score
    I much more prefer the look of Kupo\'s. But, I suppose everyone has their own preferences.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    http://star-made.org/content/damage-overlays-bug

It\'s a glitch that should really be looked into before the release of the new texture systems. When the textures are made the artists base their textures off the default sheet but it is wrong, I\'ve actually discussed this with Kupo before and he said he adjusted for it but the files I pulled from the dev build are wrong according to how the game assigns damage overlays. You can see by the numbers that only the top left of each section is actually used, and the first damaged state doesn\'t even get an overlay. Further more on my game every undamaged texture gets a grey overlay when the textures are not corrected. I\'ve not seen anybody else collaborate that they have the grey textures issue though.

Reaction score
    I\'d just like to point out to everyone that\'s it\'s Kupu, not Kupo. Kupo is what moogles say in the Final Fantasy games. Kupu is the new official StarMade texture artist. Though I admit, every time I see his username I think \"kupo\", haha.

Reaction score
    Nahh, don\'t worry. I was just teasing you. Still, first comment isn\'t about 2001: A Space Odyssey? What\'s the world coming to?

But yes... we shall have many Daves. And I shall have much fun being very sorry that I can\'t let them do (insert action here). Probably live. Yes, I might have to regretfully prevent a lot of living. Tons and tons. All over the place. Hey, at least I\'m sorry.

Reaction score
    Do any of the textures work with a secret model that shows him wearing a saucepan on his head, and a feature that automaticly prints something about Zombies on the console? Because that was the 42nd thing that came to mind when I heard the name \"Dave\".