Dave and his crew

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think I\'d be teasing people too, actually. :P

Nice job on Dave by the way, he looks fantastic! I can\'t wait to get my hands on him.

Oh goodness, what did I just say...

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    *yay* Crews *__*
    I already made some skins for this model including a \"Crewman\" and my own modified version.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    with our new AI crewmen are they going to be smart enough to dock/undock from our capital ships/ stations. i mean players hav some pretty detailed and complex hanger designs. will our fighter pilots be able to get out of the hangers without getting stuck?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If there\'s a Dave, does that mean the bobby AI module is Hal? o_O

Anyway I\'m curious how this work with personal weapons and boarding. Will a ships crew retaliate if they see me, or will they just fly by and continue their duties.

Did I mention this is awesome? I see a wave of new bugs coming by packing so much content into an update, but that\'s worth it.

Reaction score
    This seems like an awesome feature! Problem is I don\'t know how to access the \"New Ai panel\", or how to hire crew members, or find/use the fabricator tool, or how to dock from the cockpit etc etc. I updated my version in the launcher ( I have the new player model as proof), but none of these features seem to either work or I\'m just blind and am missing something here.....

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. If i may be so bold as to make a suggestion? Perhaps a video tutorial from now on when new features are added?? For challenged people like me? :)

Reaction score
    You downloaded a hotfix, not this content. This announced content is included in the upcoming patch, you cannot yet access these features in the game. Refer to the previous news post for information on the hotfix.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One thing that i see right now as wasted potential in regards to NPC crews is ship control. One player is sufficient to control nearly every subsystem of the ship, with exceptions being trivial stuff like opening/closing particular doors or turning on/off lights when during the flight. That often makes huge cruisers seem to be just slow, oversized personal shuttles.

While I understand there should some ability for single player to control bigger ships - even if with difficulties in comparison with flying little fighters - are there any plans to make crews actually figure in somehow in basic use of bigger units? Also, is giving orders/talking planned to be extended upon other AI-controlled entities (friendly ships, maybe communication with hostile and neutral ships/NPCs, more extensive orders for turretswith ability tot urn them on and off)?

Reaction score
    Dave eh?

i\'ll finally have an excuse for yelling \'Open the pod bay doors!\' any chance I get.

Keep up the great work guys!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    :D

One word to describe this news article.... EPIC!

Thank you for all your hardwork and dedication to StarMade.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    \"space engineers has better graphics\" no! starmade has now practically the same except that it isn\'t as much voxels

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I\'m sure there are a lot of players who are a little pensive about the changes, i would be too. If you want to check out some of the newer textures you can see / download them here; starmadetextures.blogspot.com or even check for the progress thread in the Projects sub-forum.

Like you say, it\'s time to start looking towards the future. There is a lot of awesome content planned.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    We are aware of this and will try to resolve the problem.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    1 Decoration block was changed to allow players to run decorative pipes in their ships.

Comapred to future content overhauls, this really is very minor. Please be flexible, it is after all only in alpha and change is a certainty.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Will the new texute pack dropdown thingy affect the t002 files? I have to have 2 seperate game folders for servers with custom blocks