Dark Days Ahead if Things Aren't Set Straight

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    with more folks heading back to school we've seen a big dip since the start of fall. that's ok tho. the community shall endure.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Crazy. The thread has two pages, I go to bed. I get up, the thread has 8 pages. I see that we're all friends again, but there's still stuff I want to point out.

I think one of the concerns (apart from the medium used) was that MF are fed with information that are not available anywhere else. For instance, I (as a tester) did not know about Galaxies. It was also unclear to me how the hyperdrive was supposed to work exactly (yes, I read the respective thread). This may be because I never bothered to get a direct line to you, but that doesn't change anything.

No. I for one do not like watching videos for information at all. And I like it even less when my ears are bombarded with loud techno music (seriously—I dance and can therefore put up with much, but not this crap) that I can't even turn down.

Okay. Is it fixed now that we get written updates? If there is no one that wants to do that, I could, but I prefer not to. I already have too much on my plate—I'm even neglecting testing. :p
    Its fine that you do not want to watch MF. But a lot of the negativity was towards them because they do not produce news based videos. Its entertainment based. For some reason everyone thinks they are meant to be news based. Tomino stated in this thread that he would be willing to change formats and he even recently started work on a more interesting news format in-game. The thing is we all come to the forums to bitch about it, when we could have easily asked him to make a smoother episode for update videos. Again, he was never there to be the official news person.

Only in the past month have people been pushing for update threads/blogs this hard and there are people working on it now thanks to that. To be honest I think people should just pay attention more. I heard a new universe design was going to be worked on almost a month ago. If you want to find that information you kinda have to dig because frankly I don't think schema is telling people for the purpose of letting that information out. It's more to get a few quick bits of feedback before he starts really working on it.

I think I stated it elsewhere, but if schema released bits of information to just random people, we would have threads popping up all over the place claiming they knew what features were going to be implemented. He already stated why he doesn't do the blog thing and at least MF would be a consistent source for that info regardless of preference.

Either way, I guess we will be getting some community driven news every week now. Not sure how well it will please everyone but at least it will let people learn a bit more about the game development and what the community is up to.

Reactions: Ithirahad

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I think a lot of good things have come from this thread.
    1. we'll get more news outlets than MF
    2. we'll lynch duke
    3. we'll get more concise, clear news
    4. we'll lynch duke
    5. we found out who in the community troll-baits
    6. lynch duke
    7. we found out who in the community can't read into the context of a situation

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    and you obviously have absolutely so sense of humor at all hope your titan is going well and see you online oh and I have quite a good view of global politics and are you SUPPORTING North Korea? I don't normally use mum jokes, I generally don't like them but he pissed me off quite a bit.

[DOUBLEPOST=1410933405,1410932903][/DOUBLEPOST]
    sorry schema, i try not to be negative and to to keep things light hearted, I was just annoyed and @Comr4de didn't appreciate how much the schine group does and that some like Calbiri have full time jobs.
    keep up the fantastic work, you have created an amazing game.
    You've already received one warning, buddy. Don't shoot for another one.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    and you obviously have absolutely so sense of humor at all hope your titan is going well and see you online oh and I have quite a good view of global politics and are you SUPPORTING North Korea? I don't normally use mum jokes, I generally don't like them but he pissed me off quite a bit.

[DOUBLEPOST=1410933405,1410932903][/DOUBLEPOST]
    sorry schema, i try not to be negative and to to keep things light hearted, I was just annoyed and @Comr4de didn't appreciate how much the schine group does and that some like Calbiri have full time jobs.
    keep up the fantastic work, you have created an amazing game.
    It's all good, just don't make posts like that again :P

Reaction score
    So can we all kiss, make up and sing cum by yah round the camp fire now? We're all cool? Good. And don't lynch Duke, he's alright :(

Anyway from what I get this thread was about Mushie fleet and the fact that us other video makers can't make videos to compete because development is not noted on the OFFICIAL TWITTER before it gets sent off to the mush dudes. Although another part is apparently Blurb taking Comr4de seriously. Please don't take Comr4de seriously. Or anyone with that sense of humour.

Yeah so are we getting the info first through the news page before Mush dudes or are things staying the same? I do hope so, it would be nice to have some different outlets other than the mushies. I hope things are fixed whatever happens. Nevertheless, back to buisness. Have a kitten.

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Anyone have that feeling where you log onto starmade and have no idea what to do because all you do is build ships over and over again only never to use them...

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Well then, this was certainly an interesting read. I can't wait to see the news sources become a news network.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    official starmade youtube? :D i just read that,boy im sleepy hah
    in that case,i dont wanna over complicate things with all 4-5+ of us coordinating over who will upload what/when,
    i would be up for that only if you dont mind extra work guys?(by guys i mean tomino,raiben,criss,meh,etc.. :p
    With as many people as could be involved we could have a whole network. "And now to Luke with the weather." "SPACEWEATHER!" "And we go live to Raiben in the field, checking out Hyperspace" *cut to raiben trapped in hyperspace as an astronaut*

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    With as many people as could be involved we could have a whole network. "And now to Luke with the weather." "SPACEWEATHER!" "And we go live to Raiben in the field, checking out Hyperspace" *cut to raiben trapped in hyperspace as an astronaut*
    "HOW'S IT GOING, RAIBEN?"

Reactions: Criss

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    "HOW'S IT GOING, RAIBEN?"
    You sir, have just brightened my day, and I thank you for that. =)

Also, I'd be willing to do some news stuff, but I think it's one of those things where we don't want "too many cooks in the kitchen."

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    You sir, have just brightened my day, and I thank you for that. =)

Also, I'd be willing to do some news stuff, but I think it's one of those things where we don't want "too many cooks in the kitchen."
    We can add you to the PM between skylord, raiben and I. Currently getting an idea for how its going to work out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    kaneda what do you see, Kaneda, Kaneda WHAT DO YOU SEE! luv that music: check it out111 Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 15.47.49.png

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Not gonna lie, it would be pretty cool to have a news desk in front of the sun like that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    And this is an example of spamming. Please don't do it either.
    So can we all kiss, make up and sing cum by yah round the camp fire now? We're all cool? Good. And don't lynch Duke, he's alright :(

Anyway from what I get this thread was about Mushie fleet and the fact that us other video makers can't make videos to compete because development is not noted on the OFFICIAL TWITTER before it gets sent off to the mush dudes. Although another part is apparently Blurb taking Comr4de seriously. Please don't take Comr4de seriously. Or anyone with that sense of humour.

Yeah so are we getting the info first through the news page before Mush dudes or are things staying the same? I do hope so, it would be nice to have some different outlets other than the mushies. I hope things are fixed whatever happens. Nevertheless, back to buisness. Have a kitten.
    kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty

What do you mean i took comr4de seriously, i don't take anybody seriously i'm CRAZY OO
    \___/
    I am a hight functioning sociopath, a cookie to anyone who finds that reference.

Last edited: