Dannage Fleetyards: Poor Advice For Noobs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You will have to wait.

Not least because it's an RP server and they are kinda real timing, so I am going to make this take some time.

Also, when I get to the planet on the server, I get 4fps, so I may try this in single player... ;)

Besides, I captured some wrecked pirate ships, and my character is retro engineering them, to get a better defence fleet going. :)

Reactions: TheMadKraken2297
    Reaction score
    it was a good idea tho right? And Calhoun, I wasn't drunk.
    [doublepost=1474574705,1474574503][/doublepost]
    Besides, I captured some wrecked pirate ships, and my character is retro engineering them, to get a better defence fleet going. :)
    Fighting fire with fire eh?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Damn right... It's funny trying to keep RP in check. You start wanting to build battleships with which to clear pirate stations, but then you remember you're supposed to be a small farming community and not a military regime. Only after salvaging these ships have I moved to using standard armour a lot. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    And in that galaxy I am currently:

Building a new station, because my original headquarters has expanded so many times, it looks like a little village or pile of houses..

The new station, however, will be scaled up. This is mainly just power and shield reactors, but she also has a little maintenance bay, ore processing centre and a bit of AMS, just in case... Next level up is Barracks and cargo bays.
    [doublepost=1475328401,1475328276][/doublepost]Sorry... Next level up is manufacturing and Cargo bays

Reactions: ltmauve and Scypio
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Factory in the middle, with x1, x2, x3, x9, x320 and x640 production facilities... And 12 cargo bays to store all the inevitable ores in...

Now just building enough cargo space blocks to fill those bays (They aren't all fully filled, but have a mezzanine floor, and two cargo areas inside each. Might be another 4 cargo bays built in the middle bit.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Took a while linking factories to enhancers and cargo bays of varying sizes appropriate to their production.

Now in the process of adding two shuttle bays.

On the plus side, unlike my current HQ, this station is at least not completely dwarfed by a medium sized mining ship!

In fact she even makes corvettes look smallish... :)

Anyway, Factories and cargo bays done. Once we have done the shuttle bays, next bit to add to the top is Barracks, then public section.... Then Turrets and ship docking facilities... And a canteen...

Reactions: Scypio

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Lookin' good Dan!

Is that the server without any shields?

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Not likely, I can see a few capacitors in the pillars on the habitation building.

EDIT: Heck, I can see 'em in the turret-pods too.

and agreed, that's looking very, very nice.
    Partly why I was asking, Cause there were some!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, at the moment my HQ is elsewhere, so this needs shields and defences for now. It will serve me well, even if I end up making this my HQ for the foreseeable future, since I may one day merge with another faction, so... Good to have shields in place. Just about 3m shields at the moment. I continue to put both capacitors and rechargers in little crevices, when I find tiny spaces behind rooms and things.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Gosh, been a while innit?... I have finished the outside of that station (Just the garden inside, and the elevators to complete) and built a fleet of light cruisers, most of which died in defending refugee ships from a pirate station, and then started re-plating Valerie who now has some ridiculously big gun on top (ridiculous for the size of the ship, not compared to all you titan builders!)

Here is some side detail. Had to dd engine pods, because she was slowing down, even with a 40% overdrive!

[doublepost=1478075476,1478075233][/doublepost]In fact, I just remembered I saved a screenshot yesterday of the station, as I was enjoying the fact she has several ships of different varieties docked, from me and other players. :)

There's 4 ships docked at present.

Reactions: Scypio and Tomssuli

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I love the rich mahogany walls on your entry video.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Kidoodles, I now have 5 videos up on my 'poor advice for noobs' series.

Obviously if you are a veteran player, you would be spending most of the time screaming at how rubbish everything is. If you are a complete noob and need tutorials, you will be screaming at why I'm not explaining everything and telling you how stuff works.

If, however, you are that person in the middle: experienced enough to understand the gameplay mechanics and basics, but frustrated at why every design you see is amazing and why isn't your starter ship looking like that titan after you've been playing for 3 hours...

Well, then this is aimed for you.

Looking at other video series, I think I'll have to make this a bit more punchy and less real-time, but I'm interested to know if you are finding the series of any use whatsoever... Even if it's just making you feel better about your own designs. :)

Dannage Ruins Starmade - YouTube

Much appreciated (Please keep the swearing to a minimum!)

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, I am going to try and be a bit less real-timey with the next episodes.. See how it goes...