Votes: 1 50.0%
    • Fine

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Pet project I've been working on during my spare time the last couple of months, mostly just looking for feedback on how to make it look better, and also making it not useless in battle would be nice.

Length: 650m
    Width: 272m
    Height: 121m

Shield Strength: 42 750 000
    Shield Recharge: 2 218 000 pr/s
    Reactor charge rate: 14 663 000 pr/s
    Reactor Idle running: 8,9%

Roughly 1:4 Scale, assuming a length of around 3000-3500m (Aurora-class battleship)

starmade-screenshot-1417.png
    starmade-screenshot-1410.png
    starmade-screenshot-1421.png
    starmade-screenshot-1419.png
    starmade-screenshot-1420.png

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Another Aurora joins the game, one of the biggest yet I think too.

I can't tell if it's wedged or not?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Another Aurora joins the game, one of the biggest yet I think too.

I can't tell if it's wedged or not?
    Still not entirely happy with the exterior structure so haven't begun the nightmare that will be the wedges

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why's that?
    Because I'm not sure about the general shape of some of the sections (mainly the section between the aft tower and the bridge), and I'm still adding the rough outlines of hull details, "features" and weapons platforms. The fact that the ship is fairly unsymmetrical doesn't really help

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Because I'm not sure about the general shape of some of the sections (mainly the section between the aft tower and the bridge), and I'm still adding the rough outlines of hull details, "features" and weapons platforms. The fact that the ship is fairly unsymmetrical doesn't really help
    Hmm well, I know the discord listed here has some 3D model experts who might have the perfect reference material you need.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Started wedging some sections, also added some more detailing
    starmade-screenshot-1428.png
    Also started on the bridge
    starmade-screenshot-1430.png

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Started wedging some sections, also added some more detailing
    View attachment 51482
    Also started on the bridge
    View attachment 51483
    Dunno how I feel about the blue washout lighting tbh

While the Aurora is blue lit, it's very subdued compared to yours.

I'd advise using forcefields or charged circuits to lighten the ship and white light bars sparingly to reduce the bluewash.

Reactions: TranzorZed
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Dunno how I feel about the blue washout lighting tbh

While the Aurora is blue lit, it's very subdued compared to yours.

I'd advise using forcefields or charged circuits to lighten the ship and white light bars sparingly to reduce the bluewash.
    That is a great idea, always had the same issue tbh but never really looked too much into it thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Improved the lighting on the bridge and wedged some more of the ship so far today

starmade-screenshot-1440.png
    starmade-screenshot-1442.png
    If I'm being honest it still seems a bit too blue however, I actually kind of like it in a weird way but idk might change it later. The bridge also feels too small but there's not much that can be done about that this late in the design, unfortunately.
    starmade-screenshot-1436.png
    Also removed the turret I had on the middle section as I didn't really like it.
    starmade-screenshot-1438.png
    If anyone knows how I can redirect that stupid energy beam thing that'd be great, I have so many of those nodes scattered inside the hull but none of them redirect the beam between each other and instead chooses one to redirect the beam directly between one node and the reactor. It is driving me insane.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Looks cool, would like to see the finished version. For that reactor sausage you can create a chain of nodes and link them with c and v

Reactions: klawxx
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Only just realized I haven't posted any pictures of the sublight engines, so here's a picture of those
    starmade-screenshot-1443.png
    Not entirely happy about the size of the circular ones so that will probably change in the future, but idk once I add some detailing and whatnot they might look more "right".
    [doublepost=1541602973,1541602815][/doublepost]
    Looks cool, would like to see the finished version. For that reactor sausage you can create a chain of nodes and link them with c and v
    Tried that, didn't work. Tried doing it without symmetry because I accidentally had that enabled, however that didn't work either.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Tried that, didn't work. Tried doing it without symmetry because I accidentally had that enabled, however that didn't work either.
    it should. Were you trying to link multiple to one or one to multiple? Doesn't work like that. I haven't checked yet if it works in the latest dev build yet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    it should. Were you trying to link multiple to one or one to multiple? Doesn't work like that. I haven't checked yet if it works in the latest dev build yet
    Tried linking them one by one, then tried linking one to multiple and got somewhat confused and just sort of gave up for the time being hahahah

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Tried linking them one by one, then tried linking one to multiple and got somewhat confused and just sort of gave up for the time being hahahah
    The way the sausage works is that it takes the shortest path to the stabilizers by default. If you place a node somewhere in between it will redirect through it unless it is too far away. In that case you can link a node to that one to force the beam along them and you can extend a chain by linking a node to the second, then the third, etc. You can have more than one node linked to one or have a bunch share the same one

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The way the sausage works is that it takes the shortest path to the stabilizers by default. If you place a node somewhere in between it will redirect through it unless it is too far away. In that case you can link a node to that one to force the beam along them and you can extend a chain by linking a node to the second, then the third, etc. You can have more than one node linked to one or have a bunch share the same one
    Yeah just tried that, didn't work I must be doing something wrong. Ended up looking menacingly at the nodes for about five minutes (the salt is real) before I decided to have a quick break and some gratinated fish for dinner
    [doublepost=1541606029,1541605917][/doublepost]Added some turrets to the underside of the ship to distract me from the stupid energy beam fiasco.
    starmade-screenshot-1446.png

Reactions: Skwidz

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah just tried that, didn't work I must be doing something wrong. Ended up looking menacingly at the nodes for about five minutes (the salt is real) before I decided to have a quick break and some gratinated fish for dinner
    [doublepost=1541606029,1541605917][/doublepost]Added some turrets to the underside of the ship to distract me from the stupid energy beam fiasco.
    View attachment 51495
    Yeah, the nodes can be finicky. I remember if you work your way from one end of the stream doing CTRL-V to unlink/link it sorts itself out. Sorry can't remember which end. I'm thinking it's from the stabilizer end, but if that doesn't work try the reactor end.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Pretty much more or less maybe might be about finished with the exterior, though the "belly" of the ship is still sorely lacking in features.
    starmade-screenshot-1453.png
    Added a depression for more depth and greater detail in the front "tunnel" like structure that used to connect the bridge to the bow of the ship, it didn't really serve any purpose yet and there is more than enough room for internals in about 80-95% of the ship, however I would like to strengthen the shields and add more capacity for"drones" so it can fire several more barrages before having to reload.
    starmade-screenshot-1454.png
    The underside still looks downright depressing, but that will change soon enough.
    starmade-screenshot-1456.png
    starmade-screenshot-1457.png
    Also added a small turret on the extended arm section for more coverage from fighters.
    [doublepost=1541696450,1541693052][/doublepost]looking at the underside of the ship no longer makes me sad. Also added turrets to all the empty weapon platforms so far. starmade-screenshot-1460.png
    No idea why one of the turrets are outlined like that though, will probably fix itself.

Reactions: docpenguindoc