• Fine

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    greebly greeble greebling the hull
    How much of the interior will you do? Will it be the core room and a few rooms connected with a few halls and some empty space around the interior elements or will you try to turn as much of that space into interior as you can?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    greebly greeble greebling the hull
    How much of the interior will you do? Will it be the core room and a few rooms connected with a few halls and some empty space around the interior elements or will you try to turn as much of that space into interior as you can?
    I will try to make as much of the interior as possible however, I feel I have to stress the fact that though I am a perfectionist, I am also quite lazy

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Added more turrets and considering adding even more, however Stargate cannon suggests a maximum of 16 turrets on Aurora-class battleships, currently, the ship has 22 docked turrets and capacity for 10 more.
    starmade-screenshot-1494.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Exterior looking more or less done, only a few more sections in need of wedges, unfortunately, most of which are unsymmetrical in design and will be a great deal of fun wedging.
    starmade-screenshot-1506.png
    Though in no means a perfect replica of the Aurora-class featured in the Stargate franchise, still looks close enough in my honest opinion.

starmade-screenshot-1507.png

starmade-screenshot-1510.png
    The underside still looks somewhat like ass though.
    starmade-screenshot-1511.png

starmade-screenshot-1512.png

starmade-screenshot-1515.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    More or less done with the wedges now, just some fine tuning and I can finally begin in full on the interior.
    starmade-screenshot-1517.png
    Also named the ship "The wind" or something like that, can't really speak Latin nor ancient so I just added -as to the word for wind and called it a day.
    starmade-screenshot-1518.png
    Some minor adjustments to the bow of the ship to make it more appealing to look at.
    starmade-screenshot-1519.png
    To be fair, I should really, really, REALLY just do something about how the underside of the ship looks so boring and bland.
    starmade-screenshot-1521.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is everything you can get out of the "hyperdrive", I guess you could revert the autocharge for more charges but honestly just no.
    starmade-screenshot-1553.png

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Nice work, very close to your source material, the scale is excellent and I'm enjoying watching the progress on this. One thing I would like to suggest is adding some dark grey to your greebling and detailing. The source image has darker tones along the top, underneath the detailing, that helps to add shadow and contrast. A darker line here and there helps to break up the grey a bit, particularly if you do it between the brown and the light grey. I think that would improve the visual depth of the greebles and give it more contrast, helping to bring out the highlights and shape of the hull.
    Once again excellent work, keep it up.

Reactions: klawxx and Daniszen
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The ship currently has a top speed of 3700 lightyears per minute when outfitted with the Intergalactic Hyperdrive and roughly 2400 lightyears per minute with the Interstellar hyperdrive, scaling the size of the galaxy I started in to be 133 200 lightyears across, or in Starmade terms 1332 km across it takes about 36 minutes to go from one end of the galaxy to the other at absolute top speed.

Currently, the ship has a mass of 354 000 tonnes and is mostly complete, all that really remains is the interior and some minor detailing.

The pictures are mostly eye candy, any change to the exterior hull at this point is not really noticeable.
    starmade-screenshot-1564.png

starmade-screenshot-1566.png
    There is something wrong with the turrets, however I am reasonably certain how to fix this. Additionally, the turrets are actually too heavy for the rail system, however this is also an easy fix.
    starmade-screenshot-1569.png

starmade-screenshot-1568.png
    On a closing statement; I'm not sure but I suspect that the Interstellar hyperdrive' top speed is incorrect, however the error is small enough and not that impactful that I didn't try too hard in figuring it out tonight, will probably update it tomorrow.
    [doublepost=1541983104,1541982969][/doublepost]
    Nice work, very close to your source material, the scale is excellent and I'm enjoying watching the progress on this. One thing I would like to suggest is adding some dark grey to your greebling and detailing. The source image has darker tones along the top, underneath the detailing, that helps to add shadow and contrast. A darker line here and there helps to break up the grey a bit, particularly if you do it between the brown and the light grey. I think that would improve the visual depth of the greebles and give it more contrast, helping to bring out the highlights and shape of the hull.
    Once again excellent work, keep it up.
    Thanks man, means a lot that you like it. Great idea on the dark grey hull btw, will be sure to try that out.
    [doublepost=1541983349][/doublepost]
    Yeah, the nodes can be finicky. I remember if you work your way from one end of the stream doing CTRL-V to unlink/link it sorts itself out. Sorry can't remember which end. I'm thinking it's from the stabilizer end, but if that doesn't work try the reactor end.
    Also just got around to fixing that stupid energy stream, thanks man going from the end and linking them up like that worked. I swear to god I was close to just building around the damn thing and ignoring it hahhaha

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    keeps looking better and better but for the engines I suggest something like ice covering a layer of light rods covering a layer of detailing and/or dark blocks instead of a flat layer of lava blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Changed some of the grey hull to dark grey hull and it looks kinda nice, will be sure to do that in the future now
    starmade-screenshot-1574.png
    [doublepost=1541994829,1541993922][/doublepost]
    keeps looking better and better but for the engines I suggest something like ice covering a layer of light rods covering a layer of detailing and/or dark blocks instead of a flat layer of lava blocks
    Which one, might not have understood what you meant, but the one on the right is a layer of lava and then ice, whereas the one on the left is a layer of black armour then orange light rods then ice.
    starmade-screenshot-1575.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Touched up the turrets on the front section
    starmade-screenshot-1577.png
    .. on the downside, there is now even less visibility from the bridge, but hey at least the ship looks nice and to be fair there is no real need to actually target anything as the only weapons are the drones (working on it, sorry).

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Got annoyed by how the engines looked, also wasn't entirely sure about the ice thing and well one thing led to another and I remodeled them slightly.
    starmade-screenshot-1582.png
    [doublepost=1542004969,1542004922][/doublepost]On a side note, my circadian rhythm needs fixing, it is 7:42 am

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Started detailing the business end, also known as the aft; anyway waiting for feedback on the lava vs. light rods and ice things.
    starmade-screenshot-1599.png

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    hmm, another thing you can do is create a kind of conical pit where an engine is, make that look good, add yellow/orange/or whatever light rods and cover that with ice. You may want to make some of the rods come in direct contact with the ice and use sensor logic with the actual thruster blocks to change color states

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    hmm, another thing you can do is create a kind of conical pit where an engine is, make that look good, add yellow/orange/or whatever light rods and cover that with ice. You may want to make some of the rods come in direct contact with the ice and use sensor logic with the actual thruster blocks to change color states
    It would be really cool to have some logic connected to the thrusters and lights, however I really liked the way the lava covered by ice looked so i think I'm going with that but idk might change it later.
    starmade-screenshot-1603.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The first attempt at the interior hallways, currently consulting source material on how to improve.
    starmade-screenshot-1605.png
    [doublepost=1542059505,1542057430][/doublepost]Second attempt, probably going to go with this one and variants of it.
    starmade-screenshot-1606.png
    [doublepost=1542060819][/doublepost]Some early work on internal space, still very much a work in progress and is therefore still very crude.
    starmade-screenshot-1608.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Needed a bit of a break from designing the interiors of the battleship, so I made a crude outline of a science vessel
    starmade-screenshot-1611.png

starmade-screenshot-1614.png
    Since we never saw the Adaris in the show I guess that's what I'm going to be referring to this science ship as.
    starmade-screenshot-1617.png
    I realize it has nothing to do with the battleship, other than the fact that I'll probably use it when I'm fed up with interior design of the battleship.

Maybe once I have a few ships I'm happy with I'll make a shipyard post, haven't really decided whether I'm going to release the battleship though, can probably be convinced to do so in the future.