Votes: 1 50.0%
    • Fine

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Made the first airlock, it's placed in something of a strange location though, but I guess it can be justified that it's somewhere around a place that would require some maintenance.
    starmade-screenshot-2033.png

starmade-screenshot-2034.png
    The airlock is located where the RP drone storage is, will add more detail to this control and monitoring room at some later date.
    starmade-screenshot-2035.png

starmade-screenshot-2036.png

starmade-screenshot-2037.png

starmade-screenshot-2038.png
    Vents for both stabilizing the atmosphere and venting atmosphere in the airlock.
    starmade-screenshot-2039.png

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Added some more details to the midships section on the outer hull, also added more docks to allow for easier switching and exiting from the ship without having to use an airlock and run through several hundreds of meters just to enter and exit the core to do side projects.
    View attachment 51960
    Also just realized that I haven't made an airlock, so yeah should probably fix that like now
    Try building blocks :). By the way, It still looks amazing... ;)

Reactions: Daniszen
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Try building blocks :). By the way, It still looks amazing... ;)
    Thanks man, didn't actually know you could switch to build blocks from build mode while in the core, but no matter the docked cores doubles as hull detailing anyway. Also, thanks so much, getting close to completion, maybe just a couple of months at most. Will feel so great to finally finish this thing, getting somewhat tired of the endless interior design hahahaha.
    Might make more Lantean ships after this, like maybe try making a cruiser again now that I have a general style for Lantean architecture down, but as previously posted here I am interested in maybe making some wraith ships as well so idk maybe that will be the next project.
    [doublepost=1542838200,1542836655][/doublepost]Like I made a rough outline of a Wraith cruiser and also further tested my plans of making the turrets into the main weapons because I think that will genuinely be the best way of making the ships as cannon as possible
    starmade-screenshot-2042.png
    Apparently, the size of the Wraith cruiser isn't really known because of conflicting information so I just made it relatively large because Hive ships are supposed to be like 8km long so I figure the cruiser has to be at least 1/3 or maybe 1/4 of that length, of course, I'll make the wraith ships at 1:4 scale because that's just the scale I picked for my Stargate-themed builds

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Thanks man, didn't actually know you could switch to build blocks from build mode while in the core, but no matter the docked cores doubles as hull detailing anyway. Also, thanks so much, getting close to completion, maybe just a couple of months at most. Will feel so great to finally finish this thing, getting somewhat tired of the endless interior design hahahaha.
    Might make more Lantean ships after this, like maybe try making a cruiser again now that I have a general style for Lantean architecture down, but as previously posted here I am interested in maybe making some wraith ships as well so idk maybe that will be the next project.
    [doublepost=1542838200,1542836655][/doublepost]Like I made a rough outline of a Wraith cruiser and also further tested my plans of making the turrets into the main weapons because I think that will genuinely be the best way of making the ships as cannon as possible
    View attachment 51968
    Apparently, the size of the Wraith cruiser isn't really known because of conflicting information so I just made it relatively large because Hive ships are supposed to be like 8km long so I figure the cruiser has to be at least 1/3 or maybe 1/4 of that length, of course, I'll make the wraith ships at 1:4 scale because that's just the scale I picked for my Stargate-themed builds
    You should save interior sections as template since these ships are from the same faction, pasting templates can help to reduce interior work by a lot. I see (saw actually...) a lot of master builders using this. From scaffolds to corridors and rooms.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You should save interior sections as template since these ships are from the same faction, pasting templates can help to reduce interior work by a lot. I see (saw actually...) a lot of master builders using this. From scaffolds to corridors and rooms.
    Thanks for the tip man, I already do that with mostly everything, except for rooms, honestly hadn't actually thought about that and will start doing so in the future, thanks.
    [doublepost=1542842740,1542841169][/doublepost]Apparently you can only have 16 named storage crates, but okay it's not like I care or anything.. yeah
    starmade-screenshot-2044.png

Reactions: kiddan and klawxx
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I guess the really annoying thing about making Wraith ships would be the fact that they shouldn't have any shields, but starmade doesn't have hull regen so yeah they would be ridiculously weak; probably going to add some minimal shield with a lot of shield regen to simulate the hull regen, any way here's some shots of the Aurora's turrets firing on the rough hull of a cruiser.
    starmade-screenshot-2048.png Turns out they're not actually too bad at firing on un-shielded targets (who would've thought right??!)
    starmade-screenshot-2051.png
    [doublepost=1542848166,1542848020][/doublepost]Man they hit pretty hard actually, really pushing that thing hahhahaa
    starmade-screenshot-2054.png
    [doublepost=1542848514][/doublepost]Cruiser does have a fairly dense hull though
    starmade-screenshot-2067.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Attempted to make a dock that would essentially be the subspace sensors, but idk I can't tell if it actually does anything
    starmade-screenshot-2275.png
    Also not sure about the placement or how the sensor array looks, but I thought it was a neat idea and will probably work some more on it

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Made an auxiliary control room

More connected hallways from this ad hoc stairs hub
    starmade-screenshot-2276.png

starmade-screenshot-2277.png

starmade-screenshot-2278.png

starmade-screenshot-2279.png

starmade-screenshot-2280.png
    Has a buildblock so that it has some legitimate RP value as a auxiliary control room
    starmade-screenshot-2281.png
    All the screens can be switched off in case the ship is boarded and whatnot
    starmade-screenshot-2282.png

starmade-screenshot-2283.png

starmade-screenshot-2284.png

starmade-screenshot-2285.png
    Connects to some crew quarters through this hallway
    starmade-screenshot-2286.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Also added a brig and connected up some more hallways as well as just touching up an area which needed some love
    starmade-screenshot-2287.png

starmade-screenshot-2288.png

starmade-screenshot-2289.png

starmade-screenshot-2291.png

starmade-screenshot-2292.png

starmade-screenshot-2293.png

starmade-screenshot-2294.png
    Brig has two benches and four rough beds for criminal scum
    starmade-screenshot-2295.png

Reactions: klawxx and kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Updated systems and mass now that I am approaching completion

Systems:

Mass: 415 595 tonnes
    Blocks: 2 023 129
    Reactor idle: 8,8%
    Reactor Intergrity: 234 141
    Reactor stability: 61,3%
    TWR: 0,4
    Shield Capacity: 42 750 000
    Shield regen: 2 171 200 pr/s
    Shield Integrity: 25 000
    Interstellar Hyperdrive (2 charges, level 3 distance upgrade)

Turrets: 32 (Capacity: 42)
    24 Medium turrets, soon 34 Medium turrets
    8 Small turrets
    Total docks: 49

Drone capacity: 300
    Salvo size: 60
    Reload: 65 seconds

Drone launchers: 6
    Damage from 1 tube: 1 413 750
    Total damage: 8 482 500

Hangar bays: 2
    Docking stations: 4 planned (Will not count as hangar bays just external docking ports)

RP systems and plans:
    Detachable subspace communications array, currently making the RP sections for what will be the long-range sensors control.
    Thinking about making the control chair into a dock so you can, in fact, control the ship from it, also I want it to spin.
    Stasis pods and lots of them, hopefully, enough to complement the entire crew but no promises they take up a lot of space and though cool, are ultimately unnecessary.
    Mess hall, with a neat little Molecular Construction Device, so there's no need for a kitchen (mostly for saving space).
    Crew quarters spread out across the entirety of the ship. The ship will, of course, have toilettes and showers located close to the crew quarters, as well as toilettes spread out over the ship.
    Several monitoring stations located close to the subsystems they monitor (hyperdrive, power distribution, life support, drones etc.) which will allow the possibility of hands-on maintenance of these systems if necessary, additionally at least two auxiliary control rooms located at opposite ends of the ship in case one is compromised (three if you count the control chair).
    Currently, only a semi-functional bridge, will work on implementing a logic system so that one would be able to control much of the ship from astronaut mode from either the bridge or one of the auxiliary control rooms.
    Currently, 11 transporters located at various locations around the ship to allow for swiftly moving around the interior if needed. Unfortunately, both hangar bays are inaccessible at the moment and you can only get to them via the transporter system, but it is a top priority to fix this.
    Large storage bay, with plenty of crates for storing things for those intergalactic journeys.
    An armory, connecting to the brig.
    Several smaller control rooms and science labs located all over the ship.

If anyone can think of any more RP systems this ship should have I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

starmade-screenshot-2304.png

starmade-screenshot-2305.png

starmade-screenshot-2306.png

starmade-screenshot-2307.png

starmade-screenshot-2197.png

starmade-screenshot-2005.png

starmade-screenshot-1889.png

starmade-screenshot-1877.png

starmade-screenshot-2308.png

starmade-screenshot-2309.png

Reactions: klawxx and MrGrey1
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Connected Hangar bay 1 to the rest of the internal structure, several pre-existing internal structures currently complicate the connection to Hangar bay 2, however, that will be the next update here. But for now here are some screenshots of that

The path to hangar bay 1 starts at the junction to the control chair, armory and core room.
    starmade-screenshot-2330.png

starmade-screenshot-2331.png

starmade-screenshot-2343.png

starmade-screenshot-2333.png
    Yet another staircase, I will be sure to examine the damn blueprint of these staircases because this one is also slightly offset, to make matters worse, there is no room for correction here. Fortunately, though, it doesn't actually make walking up any more difficult but it can be an eyesore if you spot it, unfortunately.
    starmade-screenshot-2334.png

starmade-screenshot-2335.png

starmade-screenshot-2337.png

starmade-screenshot-2340.png

starmade-screenshot-2341.png
    [doublepost=1543147908,1543147596][/doublepost]In the furture, none of the stairs will suffer from this:
    starmade-screenshot-2344.png
    I truly do hate my self sometimes, the first clue was that it was 11 metres long obviously, but oh well it's fixed now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Connected Hangar bay 2 to the rest of the internals, now you can literally walk from one end of the ship to the other, also found a use for one of the rooms which previously didn't have an RP use, it is now an R&D lab, along with the accompanying room that I made to help connect the hangar.

starmade-screenshot-2345.png

starmade-screenshot-2346.png

starmade-screenshot-2347.png

starmade-screenshot-2348.png

starmade-screenshot-2349.png
    The number 2 to signify that this is lab number 2, idk, I'll be honest that wall seemed empty.
    starmade-screenshot-2351.png
    Comes with its own, self-contained ZPM for those really energy demanding experiments.
    starmade-screenshot-2352.png
    [doublepost=1543150616,1543150433][/doublepost]I really wish more rooms could have windows out to space, but so much of the interior that is up against the hull is taken up by shield capacitors.
    starmade-screenshot-2353.png

Reactions: klawxx
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Made a small Transport shuttle to stay sane, it has landing gears on rails, and two doors also on rails.

Not suited for hyperspace travel, but it does have a hyperdrive, though it takes far too much power to charge to be useful for anything other than emergencies.
    starmade-screenshot-2357.png

starmade-screenshot-2358.png

starmade-screenshot-2359.png

starmade-screenshot-2360.png

starmade-screenshot-2361.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Connected the upper levels and the bridge to the rest of the internals.
    starmade-screenshot-2398.png

starmade-screenshot-2399.png

starmade-screenshot-2400.png

starmade-screenshot-2401.png

starmade-screenshot-2402.png
    [doublepost=1543185686,1543184387][/doublepost]just walked from hangar bay 2 to the bridge and feeling pretty good about my self, which is nice for a change.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Big milestone tonight as we've reached iteration 90 (XC) of the ship, that is I no longer have to do the arduous task of typing in "LXXX" anymore, at least for a while.
    Big changes today, as I've added a brand spanking new small hull decoration onto the fore/mid-section of the ship
    sms2403.PNG

.. Also some other things, but wow look at that decoration outlined there, it's for storing CO2 for scrubbing so you can eventually breathe without having to worry about depleting the emergency life-support resources.

Also yes, of course, I use roman numerals to denominate the designs from one version to another more... "Complete" one, I am a man of culture after all.

Reactions: klawxx and kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Made some more crew quarters in some of the only available space large enough, and increased capacity by 96, so now we have a capacity of 133 so we have reached the goal of 1/4 of 500 and then some.
    starmade-screenshot-2411.png
    starmade-screenshot-2412.png
    starmade-screenshot-2413.png
    Don't mind the fact that the wall is missing back there, didn't notice at first but it's fixed now
    starmade-screenshot-2414.png
    starmade-screenshot-2415.png
    [doublepost=1543388327,1543385383][/doublepost]Tomorrow I will build a medbay and go around the ship adding toilettes before starting on the finishing touches (which will probably take at least a month)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    View attachment 51968
    Maybe you could guess using this Size Comparison - Science Fiction Spaceships and when you're done you could ask Jake_Lancia to add your ships to this https://starmadedock.net/threads/starmade-ship-size-comparison-chart.26344/.

:)
    [doublepost=1543389701][/doublepost]
    Maybe you could guess using this Size Comparison - Science Fiction Spaceships and when you're done you could ask Jake_Lancia to add your ships to this https://starmadedock.net/threads/starmade-ship-size-comparison-chart.26344/.

Oh I just remembered, Jake_Lancia chart is for original builds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8

[doublepost=1543389701][/doublepost]
    Oh I just remembered, Jake_Lancia chart is for original builds.
    Same, one of the first things I thought about when I started making this thing was that I wanted it on one of those charts, unfortunate that there aren't any for replicas though

... I do however have one single completely original ship that I feel might be worthy of a place in the charts which I might submit