Customizable weapon cannon/rocket colours

Reaction score
    Have you ever wanted coloured lazers because I do!

I was wondering if you could make it that when your setting up and playing with the settings of weapons weather you could make it that you could customize the colour the weapon shot is? So you would have 3 bars that you can change the % of each of the main colours(Red,blue,yellow) which changes the colours of the blast from the weapons when shot. So you would be able to have more customization of your ship.

E.g Red [----|-----] 50

Blue [----|-----] 50

Yellow [|----------] 00

This would be purple etc.You could make most colours using this.

This would apply to groupings of guns not individual guns.So one group of guns/rockets will only shoot one colour.

But if this is to hard there could be like preset colours you could change to.Red, yellow, blue etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    On one hand -I know that there are some people who would enjoy such. On the other, it\'s enough already that sometimes on some servers I have to deal with designs looking like the ship crashed through warehouse full of variety of paint, I don\'t want rainbow colors of multitude of cannons thrown into the mix every bigger battle.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have you ever made a torch shine through glass of a different color? light that travels through it changes its hue.. so why not apply that here, and have it so if there is colored glass in front of a cannon then the lazer would change its hue to the color of the glass it was fired through :D

Reaction score
    I think It would just be something cool to have. Plus i Really Want Red Or Purple cannons/rockets. :D

Reaction score
    That and actual explosions when a missile hits

I want red lasers and purple missile smoke. Reminds me of my customization in my Xbox battlestar galactica. Always had purple missiles for speed and damage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I think this is beginning to be one of the biggest suggestions around so far :P

Reaction score
    I want rainbow cannons. That is all.

And hey, if we have rainbow cannons and rainbow ships, we can have a gay pride parade. IN SPACE!

Reaction score
    Now we just need a reverse-salvage beam that places blocks onto surfaces but randomly selects them from a chest/your inventory.

(Rainbow graffiti anyone?)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hate to be \"that guy\" but a big issue would be that every single shot would contain a vast amount more data to determine colour, it could possibly work with adding just a red, green and blue shot, but the idea of a full RGB system would add massive lag to the game. Sorry but I just don\'t think this would be at all feasible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would estimate each shot requiring at least 3 times the amount of data. Imagine you had 1 pixel, to make it black or white you would only need 1 byte of information, however if you were to add RGB this requires 3 bytes of informatio, it\'s a similar idea here. Each and every pixel of the shot would contain 3 times the data, this then needs to be sent to all people within rendering distance of the shot (to ensure they all the see the same colour), and if there were multiple shots going off at the same time (highly likely in a sustained fire fight) the amount of additional data would very quickly escalate.