Custom server admin tool

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello all,

we, me and a friend, have been trying to create a custom server admin tool for StarMade.

I made one in Java(JRE7) and used the source of StarNetGUI as example and reference.
    Since I do not have any rights to redistribute the software made by Schema, I will not share this application.
    Simply because I don't want to cause any trouble. :D

My friend made one in C# and he is still working on it.
    It will have many more funtions and it will be much more complete then mine. :P

The one I made does work, though it doesn't look too well, in all honesty. :x
    I put some buttons on it with commands attatched, buttons line kick, list admins, shutdown, etc.
    All buttons work and the custom command line also does what it should do.
    It starts with the dimentions 800x600.

Since I won't share it I will include an image:

The C# gui looks ALOT better though!

The problem is, however, that the server tells us that the databuffer is too large and still growing.
    Wierd, since it only sends one single bitstream of 20480 bits.
    We tried larger and smaller amounts but we keep recieving this error.

We are planning on putting a stream reader on the C# admin tool to prevent any hackers and trolls from causing any trouble by attempting a brute force to be able to use admin commands etcetra.

More info to come. :)

We are trying to fix the errors we get in the C# application and any tips, help and snippets are welcome.
    If anyone has a StarMade source containing comments with every function, static, void and all such, please inform us and please share it since it would help us understand the code alot better.

Also, if Schema would read this post,
    could you please tell us about the data stream protocol you are using for StarMade and how we should write and read the streams from and to the dedi server?

If you would please do so we would thank you alot for that!

Might you prefer sharing this in private, please reply in a PM or ask for an email address. :)

We hope we will get it set up and working asap.

Kind regards,

the Force of Holland (FoH) IT-team.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Heyo guys and girls. :)

The FoH IT-Team is here again with a small update!
    We solved the layout problem by using a swing JFrame. :D

It looks rather neath now.
    Yet our C# application still won\'t interact properly with the dedi server. :/
    Went from \"user \'null\' did not provide any login credentials\" to \"Received oversized data-heap and still growing\" to the server just not sending any reply to the client..... It\'s a mind cracker. :P

Anyways, here you go, the new GUI, working to it\'s full extend. :)

Hope you like it. :)
    Might try to contact Schema about this particular application.
    The C# application is not under my control so I will not decide about that, and not share that application. :P
    This Java version might come available if Schema hands us personal permission to do so, due to copyright laws and not wanting to cause any trouble with Schema.

Thanks for reading and we hope you like it. :)

Kind regards,
    the FoH IT-Team.

Ps: Schema, please reply to the previous question asked, could you please share information on where to find all the information needed to figure out how to connect an external application to the dedi server?

And maybe also how we should connect the dedi server to our own SQL server for automated player whitelisting by website registration?

We are kind of stuck in the figuring out what classes to search in, since most of the classes range from \"a\" to \"ZZ\" and so on.

Reaction score
    Looks cool.

I would suggest making the top right section a bit thinner, as that much space is unnecessary for just the server address and password. The features look nice, but a lot of wasted space. I would personallu opt for smaller buttsons and a more compact interface.

Something like this.
    http://i.imgur.com/TM3zhhV.png

Again, just personal preference. Keep up the good work.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Does this do anything that starmote cannot do besides just having a button instead of typing /kick, etc, ?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Looks interesting I want to know more. Just the fact that its buttons rather than typing feels better to me

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It\'s already buttons in the StarMote Doomsider mentioned though, it\'s the admin re.mote (star.mote) tool.